Speculation: Don't look now, Hawks 2 points from the 5th place in the lottery

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
If we are in hunt and a team offers us a quality bottom 6 talent for Perlini ,, I would be fine with that type of rental

Sure maybe Perlini finds game and we regret it but he has been absolute garbage as Hawk and is likely playing way out of organization at this point

Adding a bottom 6 C for playoff push if we are in reach for him would be fine

Bubba88

Toews = Savior
Nov 8, 2009
Bavaria
what a wild season....there are like 4 good teams in the west. Hawks need another good 6-7 game win streak to get themselves a shot. The games in hand and number of teams is tough.
Hawks fans should know very well that games in hand aren't that good. Just remember 2011 or was it 12?

ChiHawk21

Jan 15, 2011
Hawks fans should know very well that games in hand aren't that good. Just remember 2011 or was it 12?
true doesnt mean everything but better then losing record or .500 hockey already in the bank when outside looking in.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Hawks should only "add" if it's for beyond this year. Rentals don't make any sense. I'm all for the team getting hot and making the playoffs, but it would be short sighted to give up anything of value for a rental.
That's why Dzingel is a good add. Pay rental price but he'll likely stick around since he's from Illinois. Of course Hawks should only trade for him if they are in play off position.

Reactions: KennyWharramPeace

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
Same with Gus

Holding onto Gus when his value is highest would be a blunder by Stanley

He is still the awful defender he always has been only difference is JC simply turns blind eye to his defensive failings and blames others instead

Look at how he treated the far superior Joker
Why do you keep peddling this nonsensical notion that Gus hadnt been punished for bad play?

Hes been held out parts of games vs san Jose and the devils games. He was scratched a game.

That is a reality and isnt not a factor because some other instance of some other things

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Why do you keep peddling this nonsensical notion that Gus hadnt been punished for bad play?

Hes been held out parts of games vs san Jose and the devils games. He was scratched a game.

That is a reality and isnt not a factor because some other instance of some other things

Tried to tell him that he has been benched and/or scratched, he just doesn't read full posts or something. He locks in on a sentence in your post, and then ignores the rest.

echlfreak

Aug 1, 2003
Why not send Perlini down to Rockford to get some confidence and minutes? He jumped straight from the CHL to the NHL and has only played 17 games in the AHL. Give the kid a chance to develop instead of just burying him like a piece of scrap!

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Why not send Perlini down to Rockford to get some confidence and minutes? He jumped straight from the CHL to the NHL and has only played 17 games in the AHL. Give the kid a chance to develop instead of just burying him like a piece of scrap!

Is he waivers eligible? If so, that may be why he hasn't been sent down.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
If we are in hunt and a team offers us a quality bottom 6 talent for Perlini ,, I would be fine with that type of rental

Sure maybe Perlini finds game and we regret it but he has been absolute garbage as Hawk and is likely playing way out of organization at this point

Adding a bottom 6 C for playoff push if we are in reach for him would be fine
I have no problem waiving him at this point. But Hawks are so thin in the Bottom 6 that he may be a better option than a few others.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
Perlini sucks. As an opposing GM of a contending team I’d take Kruger and Kunitz over Perlini. At least they would bring cup experience and play a 4th line role well.

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
Perlini sucks. As an opposing GM of a contending team I’d take Kruger and Kunitz over Perlini. At least they would bring cup experience and play a 4th line role well.
I don't want to give up on Perlini yet. I think he could be a useful bottom 6. I'd re sign him to a cheap deal.

borednow

Jan 3, 2019
I'd rather hold on to Perlini and give him a cheap 1 year deal than lose him on waivers. We should have some decent forward prospects coming in next year. Maybe he will be able to produce with them. If not Perlini should at least provide some competition to force any rookies on the roster to actually earn their spots.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
guess I will put this here-

NHL Now - Daneyko and Weekes:

WHO WINS THE ART ROSS??

Weekes - says Kucherov - pure stud on a loaded team

Daneyko - says Kaner!!! says he is the most enjoyable player in the game to watch, just keeps getting better. Says when the Hawks score 2 goals, Kane has 1 or 2 points, when they score 6 goals he has 4-5 points lol..."he is their backbone"....you da man Kenny!!!!

Then Daneyko just said Hawks WILL win a wild card spot!!! Hahahaha, Weekes nearly fell out of his seat - Daneyko "there is something going on there" lol...I love him, he is such a cool dude to listen to. "why not!" he says lol..."they have the winners to do this again"...

nice watch on NHL Network

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
Perlini would have to clear waivers to get sent down.
With only 13 forwards up with the hawks and maybe the underwhelming options in Rockford right now he is probably safe.
Shame that Highmore suffered
the long injury.

southernbeardown54

Apr 23, 2012

WHO WINS THE ART ROSS??

Daneyko - says Kaner!!! says he is the most enjoyable player in the game to watch, just keeps getting better. Says when the Hawks score 2 goals, Kane has 1 or 2 points, when they score 6 goals he has 4-5 points lol..."he is their backbone"....you da man Kenny!!!!

Then Daneyko just said Hawks WILL win a wild card spot!!! Hahahaha, Weekes nearly fell out of his seat - Daneyko "there is something going on there" lol...I love him, he is such a cool dude to listen to. "why not!" he says lol..."they have the winners to do this again"...

Actually JR said he has the hawks getting in the playoffs on that first game out of the all star break.

His “sleeper” team in the west. For what it’s worth.

I also think these required projections for points are a bit silly since SOMEONE in the hunt would have to go on that run since they are all within 3/4 points. So if not the hawks then who??

Naster Okan

Jan 8, 2019
Perlini might make it as a speed skater but his actions on the ice seems to me he has no willingness to be a role player because in his mind he’s a top 6 talent that can get by with floating. The play dies any time it touches his stick. His hockey IQ is below average.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland

WHO WINS THE ART ROSS??

Wasn't Daneyko the one talking up the Oilers last month as team to watch out for in 2nd half?

Also isn't he a shill on MSG always talking up Devils?

KWP

Aug 18, 2018
The Nearest Gin Joint

Man I was pulling for Perlini that penalty shot - woulda really been a confidence boost for the guy. It's there he has the tools - size, speed, shot but ... the "want to" just doesn't seem to be ...

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Wasn't Daneyko the one talking up the Oilers last month as team to watch out for in 2nd half?

Also isn't he a shill on MSG always talking up Devils?
not sure, many were once Hitch was brought in..

he doesn't pimp the Devils, dude loves hockey and always talks well of many different players..his voice is as graveled as your Mustached Fabio in Coach Q....surprised you aren't rocking some Dan-o posters on your wall next to Q!

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Nikko Koivu out for season...The Wild could slide ...Looks like STL may he our biggest Wildcard hurdle if the Wild fall out of the 1st Wildcard or even down to outbid the playoffs. With Elder out at least a week with a concussion ,that could be optimistic. ..maybe he gets Crawford problems before restored to full health?If so Vancouver may slide ..This is why the Blues could be our biggest threat to snatches wildcard if we are both close and some other team is ahead of us at the end for the 1st wildcard.

KWP

Aug 18, 2018
The Nearest Gin Joint
WHO WINS THE ART ROSS??
Daneyko - says Kaner!!! ...you da man Kenny!!!!
Then Daneyko just said Hawks WILL win a wild card spot!!! Hahahaha, Weekes nearly fell out of his seat

My favorite announcing duo is NJD's - the p-b-p guy is all business & all over the action and Dano's dry sense of humor & know how in between whistles, just right.

Surprisingly to me, following the Devils' H-F gdts a lotta of the posters don't seem to like the guy, tho. Familiarity breeds contempt I guess ...

KWP

Aug 18, 2018
The Nearest Gin Joint
That's why Dzingel is a good add. Pay rental price but he'll likely stick around since he's from Illinois. Of course Hawks should only trade for him if they are in play off position.

Okay, ya sold me on Dzingel - who I think could fit on the 1st line if/when Caggs' stuff returns to mean.
So ... say you're OTT's GM and Bowman rings your ph line. What're you asking?

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Okay, ya sold me on Dzingel - who I think could fit on the 1st line if/when Caggs' stuff returns to mean.
So ... say you're OTT's GM and Bowman rings your ph line. What're you asking?
Ottawa wants rebuild pieces. They've got a young core coming and they'll want to add to it. Personally I don't want to add picks. I proposed on the trade board that the pieces we put on the table for Dzingel would be Sikura, Forsling, and Perlini. These are guys that we don't need. Ottawa knows Dzingel is leaving so they have to trade him otherwise he walks for nothing. This gets them 3 young players that fit their rebuild plan. They're not the best pieces but you're getting 3 of them for a guy that's going to walk. Now other teams might pay more for Dzingel but I would at least start by putting this offer on the table.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad