Speculation: Don't look now, Hawks 2 points from the 5th place in the lottery

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Okay, ya sold me on Dzingel - who I think could fit on the 1st line if/when Caggs' stuff returns to mean.
So ... say you're OTT's GM and Bowman rings your ph line. What're you asking?
I would love to say here is Forsling and Perlini - guys that can play right now and attempt to keep your 1st round pick from being the #1OV to the Avs lol...much better than a 2019 1st which seems to be what some are saying on here..some type of younger player combo could land him.

Forsling, Perlini and Nordgren??? I would do it with condition of having a contract in place with us.

TheSting

Jun 22, 2015
Man I was pulling for Perlini that penalty shot - woulda really been a confidence boost for the guy. It's there he has the tools - size, speed, shot but ... the "want to" just doesn't seem to be ...

sounds like Jay Cutler. Prototype size for a QB, gifted arm but just doesn't have the will...

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Ottawa wants rebuild pieces. They've got a young core coming and they'll want to add to it. Personally I don't want to add picks. I proposed on the trade board that the pieces we put on the table for Dzingel would be Sikura, Forsling, and Perlini. These are guys that we don't need. Ottawa knows Dzingel is leaving so they have to trade him otherwise he walks for nothing. This gets them 3 young players that fit their rebuild plan. They're not the best pieces but you're getting 3 of them for a guy that's going to walk. Now other teams might pay more for Dzingel but I would at least start by putting this offer on the table.
seems we think alike!

Reactions: Kevin Musto

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
I would love to say here is Forsling and Perlini - guys that can play right now and attempt to keep your 1st round pick from being the #1OV to the Avs lol...much better than a 2019 1st which seems to be what some are saying on here..some type of younger player combo could land him.

Forsling, Perlini and Nordgren??? I would do it with condition of having a contract in place with us.

Sens fans would go nuts

KWP

Aug 18, 2018
The Nearest Gin Joint
sounds like Jay Cutler. Prototype size for a QB, gifted arm but just doesn't have the will...

The guy you cite was cancer - on & even more so, off the field. Perlini doesn't strike as a bad attitude guy, just doesn't seem to, "want it" enough. Puzzling but at some point you gotta bring something to the table, or someone else going to take your seat at it.

Bubba88

Toews = Savior
Nov 8, 2009
Bavaria
If we can extend Duchene and have permission to talk to him and his demands... I'm thinking about adding him.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
If we can extend Duchene and have permission to talk to him and his demands... I'm thinking about adding him.

Spending assets to acquire a player that you could get for 'free' in FA, just so you have the opportunity to get your ass kicked in the first round by a legitimate contender, is insanity.

Keep the assets, go shopping in the off-season.

Last edited:

Bubba88

Toews = Savior
Nov 8, 2009
Bavaria
Spending assets to acquire a player that you could get for 'free' in FA, just so you have the opportunity to get your ass kicked in the first round by a legitimate contender, is insanity.

Keep the assets, go shopping in the off-season.
I'm a believer of if you are in everything can happen.
All you need is getting hot at the right time.

I'd want him extended before the POs

TheSting

Jun 22, 2015
Updated title!!! 4 points from 1st WC biatches!! One can hope!! The WC train is a rollin!!!

YES!! I will go out on a limb and predict if the Blackhawks make it to the playoffs they advance further than both the Bears and Cubs.

HawkNut

Jun 12, 2017
YES!! I will go out on a limb and predict if the Blackhawks make it to the playoffs they advance further than both the Bears and Cubs.

Absolutely anything can happen once somebody gets into the playoffs.

What a turnaround this has been.

pvr

Leather Skates
Jan 22, 2008
I have found it impossible, even during the full on tank, to not be pulling hard for a victory during games. Just can’t get myself to accept losing.

The many improvements during Colliton’s short tenure are noticeable, even down the such small but telling details as skating harder to the bench at the end of a shift.

Reactions: jls24

Malagahawks

We tanked hard and got Bedard!! Happy Days!!
Oct 23, 2018
Malaga, Spain
I have found it impossible, even during the full on tank, to not be pulling hard for a victory during games. Just can’t get myself to accept losing.

The many improvements during Colliton’s short tenure are noticeable, even down the such small but telling details as skating harder to the bench at the end of a shift.

The powerplay has just improved & taken off under JC. Just need to stop giveaways, better D, better goaltending from Ward, & reduce the goal differential. Then we fan play with most teams.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Blues have 3 games in hand on us and are 2 points ahead but also 3 wins ahead )we have a lot more OTLS than they do)...

However ...Blues play next 2 games against the Press. ...calling on Nashville to help us...Take 2...please!

southernbeardown54

Apr 23, 2012
Minny is the team to catch. And the stars imo. The blues are too talented and they finally appear to have gotten their act together

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
What has chanhe'd with the Hawks ?Obviously the red-hot Po which some "expert" Hawks podcaster pundits insist cannot continue this well and that the Hawks under no circumstances should be buyer at the TDL (eg. JOHN Jaekel and his oaks at The-Rink.com on their most recent podcast #43).

They say they fear McDonough and the Marketting Sept. guts want a playoff run at all costs and are pressurized g Stan to try to win now ...that is we should be Buyers...and McD in his interview with Mark Lazer is confirms he wants the Hawks to make a playoff run AND that Stan is "burning up the lines "for trades. ..

The question us...Rentals or Hockey Trades for both now and the longer term?

The other question is. ..add an expensive cap hit pe ding Ufa for purpose. Of extending if he show he can help us beyond this rental period?Or keep adding young. R but league experienced talent to help our depth with better players than we have in some areas?

The book t though is...we now seem to be in buying mode or at least in traditional g mode and do Not want to just stand pat and let the chips fall with our current roster .buckle up! !!

Illinihockey

Jun 15, 2010
The difference between 12 and 16 isn't that much. Keep your 1st at the TDL, and hope to god they make the playoffs. I'd rather have the 4-6 extra games in April than pick 12-14 and know they have a minimal chance to jump into top 3.

I'd rather have a top 5 pick but looks like that isn't going to happen now. I'd rather have a shot at a top pick even if its small than a 100% chance to get embarrassed in the first round.

Reactions: x Tame Impala

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
I'd rather have a top 5 pick but looks like that isn't going to happen now. I'd rather have a shot at a top pick even if its small than a 100% chance to get embarrassed in the first round.
I'd rather have a shot at a top 5 pick too, but the odds are around 1% in the 12-14 range. I see them finishing in the 10-12 range at worst, but it might all be moot anyway because as quickly as they have risen, they could fall back down as though their February schedule is charmin soft, their March-April schedule is brutal.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad