Don't look now, but.. we're in a playoff spot!

Roboholic

Sep 21, 2005
What happened to the Leafs aren't good enough threads? Oh yeah that's was last weeks news. I'm sure the sky will be falling again the next time they loose. Leaf fans are ridiculous.

Relax the team isn't as bad as the media says it is. They have lots of speed and skill and depth up front and on the blue line with mediocre goaltending and not enough experience and toughness in key positions. That's what we have and it's not going to change every time we win or loose. We really aren't that far away from contending and there is no reason to blow anything up.

We'll if you look at the GDT yesterday the world was ending for the first 2 periods, that tune changed quickly.

leafspring*

I don't mean to come off as down about anything. I'm glad we've been winning, the past two games have been exciting. I just think it's a little early to be patting ourselves on the back. I also worry about these threads jinxing us. Hell I made a post (not even a thread) a couple of years ago saying "Isn't it great how we don't have to worry when we're on the PK anymore?" Then our PK plummeted to last, as usual.

All wilson's years were disgracefull for our PK. Nothing to do with you lol.

The Apologist

Apologizing for Leaf garbage since 1979
Oct 16, 2007
Leaf Nation Hell
Yay, it was a good game last night but this is pretty early to be on the standings watch.

Can we agree to keep people off the main boards proclaiming the "Leafs are for real" this season until we have about 4 games left this season? Why give the other fanbases fodder?

Can we apply the same rules to Tank Nation?

Leaf Rocket

Leaf Fan Till I Die
Dec 10, 2007
Toronto/Fredericton
I'll make up my mind when we reach the 15 game mark, and obvious mid way of the season. Things are way to weird right now for me to go aboard the playoff bandwagon. So far I am in the neutral zone.

GordieHoweHatTrick

Sep 20, 2009
Toronto
So once again, had we received better goaltending we would have been in even better shape. Take a look at what Anderson is doing for Ottawa. Had Toronto had a guy like that the last few years we would have been in the playoffs two years running now.

goonx

Nov 7, 2010
Lets just all not have any expectations.... Everyone is happier that way

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
What is scary is that we really could have been the top team in the conference had the Leafs been able to hold on to 2 2-goal leads.

I think most around here predicted we'd be a basement dweller this season, but there is no reason we shouldn't be competitive for a 6-8 seed.

Who would have thought removing L.A.C.K (Lombardi, Armstrong,Connolly & Komisarek-injury) from the line-up and "playing the kids" would have positive results in the standings. :wg:

This with Kessel scoreless on the year and captain Phaneuf with 1 assist while playing 30 minutes a night to boot.

Bedards Dad

I was in the pool!!
Nov 3, 2011
Toronto
Who would have thought removing L.A.C.K (Lombardi, Armstrong,Connolly & Komisarek-injury) from the line-up and "playing the kids" would have positive results in the standings. :wg:

This with Kessel scoreless on the year and captain Phaneuf with 1 assist while playing 30 minutes a night to boot.

Kessel is still getting points, althought he is under PPG right now since he is not scoring. Most shots in the league, and ton's of great chances. Talk about snake bitten, he even missed the open net (I'll just pretend he did it to make his 100th a worthwhile goal with meaning, AKA against Boston).

I am sure it will come and once it does watch out, he will be lights out.

leafspring*

So once again, had we received better goaltending we would have been in even better shape. Take a look at what Anderson is doing for Ottawa. Had Toronto had a guy like that the last few years we would have been in the playoffs two years running now.

I call,defense was rotten.

Christ

Mar 10, 2004
Canada
So after tomorrow's loss to the Bruins are we going to start panicing that we are out of the playoffs again? Waaaay to early for this kind of thread.

achtungbaby

Oct 31, 2006
So we can crap on them but not praise the,? Now it all makes sense!

There's a difference between praise and arrogantly making a thread on the main board proclaiming our greatness after stringing together a couple of wins. Let's make sure we know what we have first this time, that's all. Of course, as what's his name points out, the same applies to the opposite.

Sorry it just reminded me of my nephews when one of them is told something. They always have to make sure that the other one is told the same thing as well so it's fair.

"Them too! Right Uncle?"

"Yes, little one, them too!".

Have to love this place.

Bedards Dad

I was in the pool!!
Nov 3, 2011
Toronto
There's a difference between praise and arrogantly making a thread on the main board proclaiming our greatness after stringing together a couple of wins. Let's make sure we know what we have first this time, that's all. Of course, as what's his name points out, the same applies to the opposite.

Sorry it just reminded me of my nephews when one of them is told something. They always have to make sure that the other one is told the same thing as well so it's fair.

"Them too! Right Uncle?"

"Yes, little one, them too!".

Have to love this place.

Main board? This appears to be in the Leafs board. BTW I agree it is too early, but some people seem to be unable to be happy after a few wins in a row, kind of sad really.

Many are so quick to put them down, but unwilling to praise them for wins and hard work.

Razz

Jan 23, 2011
Mississauga
Hard not to get excited but still too early. Though I like the effort this team brings most nights.

Of the 3 losses so far, we should have won the Buffalo game and blew 2 goal leads in the other two, so this team has the potential to go on a run.

The PP needs to improve and we need to learn how to lock down games in the 3rd. If we can do those things and continue to leverage our depth, we are going to continue to surprise.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad