Don't look now, but.. we're in a playoff spot!

achtungbaby

Oct 31, 2006
Main board? This appears to be in the Leafs board. BTW I agree it is too early, but some people seem to be unable to be happy after a few wins in a row, kind of sad really.

Many are so quick to put them down, but unwilling to praise them for wins and hard work.

Perhaps you should read my entire first post before commenting on it but am glad we agree on the part you did read. Good day sir. :)

number72

Oct 9, 2011
Playoffs. Interesting that as soon as the leafs dump Burke then they become a playoff team.

Bedards Dad

I was in the pool!!
Nov 3, 2011
Toronto
We also cannot forget this is a shortened season, we are now 15% of the way through. This is about equal to 12-13 games played in an 82 game season. I think many (including me) have a hard time remembering that and see 7 games as a very small part of the season.

pooleboy

Dec 23, 2009
Ontario
last season i checked the standings once, and i said to my roomate "there is no way the leafs can miss the playoffs being like 20 points ahead of the 9th place team" well we went on a tail spin after that, id rather to wait for the "x" beside there name before saying PLAYOFFS BABY

Kingstonian84*

Sep 23, 2012
I'm sorry but wtf is this bragging about we're in a playoff spot, you do realize were only 7 games in with 41 remaining, a lot can happen between now and then.

The thing that impresses me is how everyone is working hard every night and is buying INTO a defense first system. Sure there's some kinks but I have no doubt we're on the right track.

Syn3rgetic

Boats the Burn
Apr 10, 2010
Markham
I'm sorry but wtf is this bragging about we're in a playoff spot, you do realize were only 7 games in with 41 remaining, a lot can happen between now and then.

The thing that impresses me is how everyone is working hard every night and is buying INTO a defense first system. Sure there's some kinks but I have no doubt we're on the right track.

He's not bragging, just saying it as a joke dude, relax.

Bedards Dad

I was in the pool!!
Nov 3, 2011
Toronto

Bragging? Where is the bragging?

p.l.f.

use the force
Feb 27, 2002
Toronto, CANADA
teams better than us

nyr
bos
phi
pits
nj

teams maybe better than us
car
buf

teams no better than us
ott (minus spezza)
was
tam
fla
mtl
win
nyi

i'd say were fighting for that last playoff spot again with the 'teams no better than us'
with a chance to knock on the door of the 'teams maybe better than us'

so we could finish anywhere from 6th to 15th

Hero

Uncle Leo
Jul 2, 2009
heropuck.wordpress.com
teams better than us

nyr
bos
phi
pits
nj

teams maybe better than us
car
buf

teams no better than us
ott (minus spezza)
was
tam
fla
mtl
win
nyi

i'd say were fighting for that last playoff spot again with the 'teams no better than us'
with a chance to knock on the door of the 'teams maybe better than us'

so we could finish anywhere from 6th to 15th

I'd put Buf as a team definitely better than us, and Ottawa as well.

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
*Goes back to page 1 to find OP's name

*Writes down the OP's name - TheProspector

*Vows to stab TheProspector with a toothpick up the left nostril for jinxing a decent start to the season, when this thing goes belly up again.

Last edited:

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
even without spezza ?

Vezina type goaltender.

Amazing Dman.

Overall a real hard working, grafty team with a great blend of young players and leadership?

Yeah I'd think Ottawa have a slight edge on us, even without Spezza. As long as Anderson keeps it up, they will score enough goals to make up for the loss of Spezza

ryno23

Feb 5, 2010
Take it for what it is worth but we had a winning month in Jan 4-3. Could they have had a 6-1 start if they kept leads hell yeah but at least they have a winning month.

Go 2 games over .500 in Feb. 3 Games over .500 in March and 4 games over .500 in April and you have a team that is 10 games over .500 and that would be a miracle but could happen.

Keep having winning months and that almost guarantees you fighting for a final playoff spot come late April.

The Missing Piece

What's Left?
Sep 19, 2012
last season i checked the standings once, and i said to my roomate "there is no way the leafs can miss the playoffs being like 20 points ahead of the 9th place team" well we went on a tail spin after that, id rather to wait for the "x" beside there name before saying PLAYOFFS BABY

I'm waiting for the P beside their name!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad