Friedman: Don't be surprised if the Leafs make their own big move

mydnyte

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 8, 2004
i get why everyone wants hyman off that line. It makes sense to get him off there. I agree. But Matthews had a great season. When the opportunity presents itself Babcock will have someone to play with Matthews. Maybe Hyman and Matthews have great chemistry in the dressing room and he wants that on the ice.

I have great chemistry with my wife, but that didnt make her a better hockey player, and it doesnt make Hyman any better either.

Sniper99

Jan 12, 2011
Edmonton
i get why everyone wants hyman off that line. It makes sense to get him off there. I agree. But Matthews had a great season. When the opportunity presents itself Babcock will have someone to play with Matthews. Maybe Hyman and Matthews have great chemistry in the dressing room and he wants that on the ice.

This is HF where everyone is a better coach than Babcock. Just check out a GDT in the Leafs board 82 games a year.

Babcock could lead them to a cup and there would some posters seconds after going. "yeah but Babcock did this that I didnt agree with, I could do better"

hotpaws

Nov 21, 2009
This is HF where everyone is a better coach than Babcock. Just check out a GDT in the Leafs board 82 games a year.

Babcock could lead them to a cup and there would some posters seconds after going. "yeah but Babcock did this that I didnt agree with, I could do better"

so you're saying we should just follow along with every decision the coach/mgmt make like a flock of sheeple ?

Hyman is nothing more than a completely unskilled forward who can skate and tries hard , with most coach's he'd be getting 10 mins a night , that's if he's on the team at all.

Sniper99

Jan 12, 2011
Edmonton
so you're saying we should just follow along with every decision the coach/mgmt make like a flock of sheeple ?

Hyman is nothing more than a completely unskilled forward who can skate and tries hard , with most coach's he'd be getting 10 mins a night , that's if he's on the team at all.

Well, what else are you going to do about it? I dont like all of Babcock's decisions but I dont **** the bed over it like some.

hizzoner

Sponsor
Jun 19, 2006
While it is true Hyman does not have the skill of many of his team mates he does add to his line. He forechecks relentlessly, is big enough to fight on the wall. screen out D, back check ferociously and looks to give the puck to his line mates when that is the right play. Babcock sees this. There are lots of examples of very good line combinations where this type of player helped make the line better.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
With a 40 goal rookie season do you think he was dragging him down. Is 40 not enough?

40 goals is fine it's the assists If Hyman wasn't an offensive black hole and could finish plays Matthews would have been a PPG guy.

but Hyman IS an offensive black hole and can't finish plays so Matthews point totals suffer

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad