Confirmed with Link: Donato to San Jose for a 2021 3rd

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlackBusa24

Dec 13, 2018
That we picked or just in general?
Just in general is fine... I'm sure the probability that a third round pick ends up as a starting NHL player is probably lower than I want to even think about at this point.. I guess I'm just trying to wrap my head around how BG thought this was a good deal. Honestly with some of the moves he's made lately I'm starting to get to the point where I miss the last GM... Okay maybe not that much.. but I haven't been sold on his trades so far

HotDish

Win it for Hynes
Aug 17, 2020
The State of Hockey
Don't see how this helps in any way... I don't know my opinions of third round picks are rather low... Somebody make me feel better by naming one decent third round or a later pick... Maybe I'm being short-sighted or not doing any research... But how often do you even get an NHL player at that spot? Let alone taking into consideration the time we would have to wait for them to get to the NHL... Just seems like a bad deal
Henrik Zetterberg was a 7th round pick.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
Don't see how this helps in any way... I don't know my opinions of third round picks are rather low... Somebody make me feel better by naming one decent third round or a later pick... Maybe I'm being short-sighted or not doing any research... But how often do you even get an NHL player at that spot? Let alone taking into consideration the time we would have to wait for them to get to the NHL... Just seems like a bad deal

Brayden Point, Anthony Cirelli

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Just in general is fine... I'm sure the probability that a third round pick ends up as a starting NHL player is probably lower than I want to even think about at this point.. I guess I'm just trying to wrap my head around how BG thought this was a good deal. Honestly with some of the moves he's made lately I'm starting to get to the point where I miss the last GM... Okay maybe not that much.. but I haven't been sold on his trades so far

Some damn good players named in that video.

Reactions: Ginger Papa

BlackBusa24

Dec 13, 2018

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
the point is to have lots of picks, and hope that one works out. Even top 10 picks have a surprisingly high amount of underwhelming players represented. This year will be the same. One of, if not two or three of them will be major disappointments.

Spurgeon

Nov 25, 2014
MinneSNOWta
Kind of a disappointing return for Donato to be honest. Would've rather held onto him at that price and gave him a shot in the Top 6 this year to potentially boost his value. Could see this trade being looked at as a steal a couple years down the road for the Sharks.

Reactions: 2Pair

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Kind of a disappointing return for Donato to be honest. Would've rather held onto him at that price and gave him a shot in the Top 6 this year to potentially boost his value. Could see this trade being looked at as a steal a couple years down the road for the Sharks.
Where was he going to fit in the top 6 with Kaprizov now here?

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
You sure Parise is playing in the top 6? I'm not. Zucc could be on the left side in the top 6.

I mean, as of now I'm more sure of it than I would be of Zuccarello playing on the left side, since we've actually seen only one of those things happen.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
The top 6 implies 4 wingers. Fiala, Kaprizov, Zuccarello, and?
Still early yet in the offseason... I'm just not convinced Parise will be above the 3rd line by season's start. Depends what happens with Greenway/Kunin on where they think they should play etc. Hell, we don't even know if Fiala is going to stay on the RW or go back to where he felt more comfortable playing... on the left side. Our new top center... does he even manage to stay at Center? Buffalo fans seem to claim he didn't spend as much time at center last season as we've been told... suddenly that's another winger in the mix if so.

Spurgeon

Nov 25, 2014
MinneSNOWta
You sure Parise is playing in the top 6? I'm not. Zucc could be on the left side in the top 6.

I'd prefer Zucc to play the left side, as well. Not sure if that's the route they're going to go though. My ideal top 6 would be:

Zucc - X - Fiala
Kaprizov - Ek - Kunin

There definitely wasn't room for Donato on the roster in that scenario (if Parise stays), but I still think we sold pretty low on a guy that has performed well in the minimal opportunities he's gotten.

Reactions: BlackBusa24

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
As it stood as of yesterday, the wings on this team hadn't changed and only got more crowded with Kaprizov and Johanson and Bjugstad(if they can't stick at C).

What makes anyone think Donato was going to magically claim a top 6 (or top 9 for that matter) when he couldn't last year.

Reactions: TaLoN

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
I'd prefer Zucc to play the left side, as well. Not sure if that's the route they're going to go though. My ideal top 6 would be:

Zucc - X - Fiala
Kaprizov - Ek - Kunin

There definitely wasn't room for Donato on the roster in that scenario (if Parise stays), but I still think we sold pretty low on a guy that has performed well in the minimal opportunities he's gotten.
Please stop with Kaprizov with Ek and Kunin.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
As it stood as of yesterday, the wings on this team hadn't changed and only got more crowded with Kaprizov and Johanson and Bjugstad(if they can't stick at C).

What makes anyone think Donato was going to magically claim a top 6 (or top 9 for that matter) when he couldn't last year.

I don't know, maybe actually being given an opportunity to?

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
I can't think of a better 2nd line with Zuccarello on Fiala's LW, if that happens.
Number the lines however you like. Ek is going to get the heavy defensive matchups. Putting Kaprizov on the matchup line is moronic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad