Confirmed with Link: Donato to San Jose for a 2021 3rd

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
Then why are the deals separate? The whole picture isnt clear to any of us. maybe the sharks wanted more than donato as a sweetner so they chose to just not include him
I'd suspect they got separated out as the Dubnyk deal is contingent on a related deal (MAF w/Vegas as reported)

I'm sure BG doesn't want to end up with both Dubnyk and MAF

HotDish

Win it for Hynes
Aug 17, 2020
The State of Hockey

4hejk5.jpg

Reactions: Ginger Papa

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
3rd + 5th for Donato and Dubnyk seems a little light, but if we don't retain anything with Dubnyk, I'd consider it decent.

walloftvs

Mar 8, 2010
Minnesota
So basically as of now, we traded Burns for Setoguchi (whom we traded for a 2nd which was then used to get Pomminville), a 1st (Zach Phillips lol) and now ultimately a 3rd. Yeah.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Donato has puck skills, but he's always been easy to knock off the puck and everyone has that on tape from two different teams. I don't think he carried much more value than we got.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I like that we have a GM who is willing to take on future(21 and 22) picks. Delays gratification, for sure, but is like a nice Christmas present you stored away and forgot about. Can't forget that we cleared 6.2M of cap space with these two deals...that's huge.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
I like that we have a GM who is willing to take on future(21 and 22) picks. Delays gratification, for sure, but is like a nice Christmas present you stored away and forgot about. Can't forget that we cleared 6.2M of cap space with these two deals...that's huge.

We weren't strapped for space for 2020-21.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
True but these moves are more or less lateral for the team in terms of getting better or worse, and opening up ~$6.3M without giving up any pieces is a benefit, on top of the pick (s.)

I'm fine the move. I'm just saying that I don't really care if it's $6.3M or $4.1M in space because it's only for 1 year and I'm not seeing a scenario where the cap space is going to matter much for this year, at least in a roster improving way.

milesfj

Jul 15, 2020
I saw this deal and said only a third rounder.
What do I know though, I also thought Minnesota could do great things with another goal scorer

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Still waiting on the details of the Doobs deal. If it turns out that we are losing on a pick exchange there, then less satisfied with this deal.

HotDish

Win it for Hynes
Aug 17, 2020
The State of Hockey
Still waiting on the details of the Doobs deal. If it turns out that we are losing on a pick exchange there, then less satisfied with this deal.
Yeah i would be 100% fine if we got a 3rd + 5th for the duo. now if we need to pay for Dubnyk to be moved why didn't we just buy him out instead?

BlackBusa24

Dec 13, 2018
Don't see how this helps in any way... I don't know my opinions of third round picks are rather low... Somebody make me feel better by naming one decent third round or a later pick... Maybe I'm being short-sighted or not doing any research... But how often do you even get an NHL player at that spot? Let alone taking into consideration the time we would have to wait for them to get to the NHL... Just seems like a bad deal

Soldier13Fox

jävlar anamma (f'ing embrace, get with it)
Sponsor
Oct 8, 2013
Coon Rapids
Don't see how this helps in any way... I don't know my opinions of third round picks are rather low... Somebody make me feel better by naming one decent third round or a later pick... Maybe I'm being short-sighted or not doing any research... But how often do you even get an NHL player at that spot? Let alone taking into consideration the time we would have to wait for them to get to the NHL... Just seems like a bad deal

Brayden Point!

Kurtis Gabriel

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta

That we picked or just in general?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad