Donald Brashear working at a Tim Horton's

Metroid

Слава Україні!!
Sep 6, 2006
Hellmouth
The only thing that sucks about working at Tim Hortons is the coffee
Everything sucks there.
Food is the worst. I put it at the very bottom of all fast food places. It's a wonder how so many people go there, yet talk smack about McDonald's and the like. McDonald's breaky is miles better than anything Tim's can do.

TheDawnOfANewTage

Dahlin, it’ll all be fine
Dec 17, 2018
Timmies are always in need of some good enforcers. Seniors get really pushy about their decaf.

Lol you joke, but I worked a Sonic's in a bad area- nothin too crazy, but we liked having big scary dudes in the kitchen.

I think the problem here is that it's Tim Hortons. Helping a friend, dealing with some personal issues, whatever it is, respect- but Tim Hortons sucks. I know that's an opinion, but it's also a fact.

Reactions: Hustlr

Crazy Cizikas

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2017
A good place
Lol you joke, but I worked a Sonic's in a bad area- nothin too crazy, but we liked having big scary dudes in the kitchen.

I think the problem here is that it's Tim Hortons. Helping a friend, dealing with some personal issues, whatever it is, respect- but Tim Hortons sucks. I know that's an opinion, but it's also a fact.
How is it a fact if it’s just an opinion?

roflstomper

Barzal/Connor/Konecny
Sep 28, 2010
Rhode Island
Didn't manage his money right obviously. Should definitely be reported on and shown to all players in how you can end up and how quick it can go. And yes after making 15+ million in career earning, working at Tim Horton's a few years after you retire is a little eyebrow raising.

Last edited:

Snowpants

In Depth Hockey Analyst
Apr 20, 2019
Well his last job he got hit in the face with a pointy wood thing so don’t blame him for wanting less stressful one

Crazy Cizikas

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2017
A good place
Didn't manage his money right obviously. Should definitely be reported on and shown to all players in how you can end up and how quick it can go. And yes after making 15+ million in career earning, working at Tim Horton's a few years after you retire is a little eyebrow raising.
But who’s are we to judge? Lots of people go through struggles.

Derg12

Mar 12, 2014
That coffee is ****.
People glamorize for some reason, the majority of Tim Hortons I stepped into over the years smell like a toilet.

Timmy's was a reasonably good years ago - at least here when they first expanded into WNY. However, when Burger King stepped up and bought it out, it's been a sad, sad story ever since.

lawrence

May 19, 2012

he’s helping his friend who franchised that Tim Hortons. He’s just being a good guy.

Kale Hulls

May 15, 2013
You would think that someone with his resume would be able to get a contract with a franchise with a future like Starbucks.

48g90a138pts

Jun 30, 2016
Sounds like he's helping his friend out. If he was really employed he'd be in full Tim Horton's uniform. He's old enough for early withdrawal on his pension which would be at maximum because he spent more than 10 years in the league. Nobody here knows of his current financial situation and neither does the reporter.

It would be funny to see the look on peoples face when he's serving up double doubles to some b****y morning drive-through customers.

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
Timmy's was a reasonably good years ago - at least here when they first expanded into WNY. However, when Burger King stepped up and bought it out, it's been a sad, sad story ever since.

I lost the Tim Hortons hype like 10 years ago, coffee was ****, long lines for 'Canada's best coffee' when in truth it was burnt most of the time, old farts who complain about current events yelling at each other..

kylbaz

Winnipeg <3
Nov 14, 2015
www.movingtowinnipeg.ca
That's a little fishy... I have a hard time believing that a so-called labour shortage is leading to a former NHLer to help out in such a way. If so, it doesn't make sense for the rest of the article to reference his financial troubles, or print comments on social media that assume that Brashear needs the job...

"
News of Brashear's stint at Tim Hortons quickly spread on social media after several media outlets published a story by French-language wire news service La Presse Canadienne, after being first reported by Le Journal, with many readers blasting the story as "job shaming".
"Loved Brashear when he was on the caps... not everyone can play the game forever and there’s no shame in finding viable work after his careers over. This is a nonstory," reads a comment.
"Donald Brashear working at a Tim’s Horton is not “sad” or “pathetic.” He’s actually working to take care of himself and nothing is wrong with that. What it is, though, is a cautionary tale of when you make millions of dollars you need to be wise with it and protect your future," reads another."

...nope, this story is written very confusingly if Brashear was merely helping out a friend.
Ever help a friend move? Did he add you to the payroll as an employee?

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
You would think that someone with his resume would be able to get a contract with a franchise with a future like Starbucks.

Fighting is over at coffee shops. It's a relic of the 90's. People always say that the threat of a restaurant fight will discourage customers from being rude and taking liberties with baristas, but trust me I've been to many coffee shops where the customers still take cheap shots at the baristas even with an enforcer present. Not to mention, the way the coffee game is going and with rises in minimum wage, these coffee shops can't waste their time dressing an enforcer who doesn't even have the skill to work the cash register let alone froth the milk. It's a waste of a spot.

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
Did people not read the article? He's working there to help a friend during a labor shortage. And even if he worked there, why is that an issue? He could have a comfortable amount of money saved up already, but is bored and just wants to have an easy job.

Have you ever been to a Tim Hortons in the morning? It's a zoo

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad