Donald Brashear working at a Tim Horton's

Hustlr

Oct 1, 2019
I just worked at a McD’s for a couple months in-between jobs. Not that my regular job pays much more, but it’s much more enjoyable.

Anyways, good on the man for most likely swallowing some pride and going out there and getting the job done. Gud Pro

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

Hustlr

Oct 1, 2019
Did people not read the article? He's working there to help a friend during a labor shortage. And even if he worked there, why is that an issue? He could have a comfortable amount of money saved up already, but is bored and just wants to have an easy job.

Those jobs are 100% about the people you work with. Like you said, he could just be chilling with the boys. Either way it doesn’t matter.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
Imagine shaming someone for working
To be honest, they aren't shaming him for working, they are shaming him for the belief he lost 15 million dollars (although as pointed out, what he kept after taxes, escrow and agent fees is much less) and that's why he's working there, even if it was incorrect.

MattySnipes

Jan 26, 2018
'Mecca' of Hockey
Can't really amuse yourself when a man is doing what he's got to do to help a friend or family member out. Seen the reactions on Twitter. Nathan Bealieu was upset at how some people have reacted to it too. All the best Donald. He used to wear 87, forgot which team though, Philly?

Lesson for everyone, including myself. No job is bad, especially if you're on hard times. You gotta do what you gotta do to support yourself, or someone close to you. Money is money.

Paperbagofglory

Nov 15, 2010
I have respect for anyone working this day and age. Many people look for reasons and/or excuses not to work. Good for him.

If you don't feel like working just start playing video games in your underwear on stream on Twitch, seems to work.

Paperbagofglory

Nov 15, 2010
I love seeing people getting mad about streamers earning money from playing video games while I’m on an internet forum devoted to a league of millionaires who play a dumb stick-and-ball game.

I am not mad, i am jealous, big difference. I too love video games and sitting in pajamas all day. No sarcasm this time.

If you told someone 50 years ago that this would become a big source of income for young people they would beat you senseless while calling you a pinko commie. It was a different time.

DJN21

Aug 8, 2011
Rochester
I love seeing people getting mad about streamers earning money from playing video games while I’m on an internet forum devoted to a league of millionaires who play a dumb stick-and-ball game.
Almost asked you to show me the ball...you almost had me lady!

Your Boy Troy

Sep 19, 2013
Brampton, Ontario
CTV News has always been an awful network. And, CBC. Global. CP24.

Good on Brashear. To get back on his feet will help him. Some may not actually know that he had a very tough upbringing. From what I remembered, he was abused and treated horribly by his stepfather. He was forced to sleep on a urine drenched mattress on the floor in a garage. Just utter revolting anecdotes.

Dude was as tough as it comes, and could play a regular shift. He could lay a beating on just about anyone.

pbgoalie

Aug 8, 2010
Probably mentioned but He still has to have a pretty decent pension with all the games he played.
Sounds like different story to me

Crazy Cizikas

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2017
A good place
How he earns a living or whether he’s just helping a friend or is learning the business is no ones business but his own. He’s not breaking the law. He’s just working at a shop. Let the man live his life without being subjected to holier-than-thou criticism.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad