Management Don Sweeney media call - 5/24/21

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
wow he confirmed Kampfer is hurt and had surgery, but refused to comment on the rumored KHL signing. Seemed like he's annoyed by the situation.

Also when asked said Kase is done for the rest of the playoffs and that they "shut it down" for him. Here's hoping he didn't get another concussion and just had symptoms after playing so they're being extra cautious.

The National

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2017
Los Angeles
wow he confirmed Kampfer is hurt and had surgery, but refused to comment on the rumored KHL signing. Seemed like he's annoyed by the situation.
Did seem pretty short on that answer huh? Not sure how much to read into that but it’s definitely one of the more mysterious 1st round playoffs for a guy that hasn’t even played lol.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
it's just really weird that they wouldn't announce his injury earlier if that was it for him.

It gets less weird if you think about the timing- rumors that he signs with a KHL team and then all of a sudden he has apparently elective hand surgery and is unavailable. Or maybe it gets more weird when considering that?

VanIsle

Jun 5, 2007
Comox Valley, B.C.
Poor Kase I was really hoping for him to say healthy.

Lauzon has a hand injury that is just time to heal so hopefully he can be back soon.

Miller is a different story but he has a hard noggin so I would hope he will be back soon but you never know with the head injuries.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Poor Kase I was really hoping for him to say healthy.

Lauzon has a hand injury that is just time to heal so hopefully he can be back soon.

Miller is a different story but he has a hard noggin so I would hope he will be back soon but you never know with the head injuries.

I am still pissed off about that Orlov hit and the total silence from Player Safety about it. What a joke. The kid may not be a generally dirty player, but in that case he left his feet and launched right into Miller's face. There was nothing incidental about it.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
It gets less weird if you think about the timing- rumors that he signs with a KHL team and then all of a sudden he has apparently elective hand surgery and is unavailable. Or maybe it gets more weird when considering that?

Don made it clear that Kampfer elected to have the hand surgery so that might explain the annoyance.

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008

Also when asked said Kase is done for the rest of the playoffs and that they "shut it down" for him. Here's hoping he didn't get another concussion and just had symptoms after playing so they're being extra cautious.
Curious what that's all about. I mean it sounded like Kampfer/Bruins had a relatively good relationship.

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Yeah he did vibe that he was put out. I would speculate that the KHL thing and Kamp choosing surgery are connected - he wants to be 100% for next season- and if so, I can see why Don is aggravated.

thats fine...team doesn't need him

thanks for his service for the 2nd time.. but for him, the KHL thing makes sense to secure his hockey future

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad