Don Maloney's 14-15 season ending press conference.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
The idea of Gormley asking for a trade makes me laugh. In what world is that a serious consideration?

The one where a young player sees they aren't wanted or aren't going to get a fair chance. They only get one shot to establish themselves. Can't do it if the coach is going to play scrubs over you, even during a season where that gets you nothing.

roadrunner

Jul 25, 2003
U Can'tTake Me Alive
Visit site
The one where a young player sees they aren't wanted or aren't going to get a fair chance. They only get one shot to establish themselves. Can't do it if the coach is going to play scrubs over you, even during a season where that gets you nothing.

Even Doan played in the AHL for a time.

As to "scrubs", what makes Gormley the better option?

ck26

Alcoholab User
Jan 31, 2007
HCanes Bandwagon
Toby Rieder asked out of EDM.

Plus Turris. And Wheeler. And a variety of 4-year NCAA guys.

It happens. As long as it happens quietly and tactfully, I don't really have a problem with it. I mean it sucks but nbd. It's only when you pull a Lindros or a Turris that I'm annoyed by it.

Etch

Relegate the Oilers
Jun 1, 2011
Moncton, NB
If Gormley hasn't asked for a trade he can't have much respect for himself. He's lit up every league leading to the NHL and we refuse to give him a fair chance. What ever that reason is, or weather Andrew Campbell might give you an insignificantly better chance to win a game in a throw away season or not, it's clear he's not getting an opportunity to progress to the next level with our team.

Unless he's content playing in the AHL for the rest of his career, I fully support him asking for a trade. There are plenty of teams that should be willing to give him a fair opportunity. Can't blame the guy for trying to make the NHL. Hopefully GMDM gets some sort of asset in return, learns from this, and moves on.

YotesFan47

Jun 16, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona USA
If Gormley hasn't asked for a trade he can't have much respect for himself. He's lit up every league leading to the NHL and we refuse to give him a fair chance. What ever that reason is, or weather Andrew Campbell might give you an insignificantly better chance to win a game in a throw away season or not, it's clear he's not getting an opportunity to progress to the next level with our team.

Unless he's content playing in the AHL for the rest of his career, I fully support him asking for a trade. There are plenty of teams that should be willing to give him a fair opportunity. Can't blame the guy for trying to make the NHL. Hopefully GMDM gets some sort of asset in return, learns from this, and moves on.

Ahahaahahaahahahaha. Sorry, meant that laugh in the nicest way possible. :laugh:

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014

Imo he outplayed Campbell anyway.

kihekah19*

Oct 25, 2010
Phoenix, Arizona
Yeah, Kihekah, you're gonna have to explain Mike Keenan. Does he owe you money? I would sooner just offer Philippe Boucher or Connor McDavid's junior coach the job than dig up the rotting corpse of Mike Keenan's NHL career.

Edit: Keenan won the Kharlamov Division title and the Gagarin Cup his first year in Russia. **** it. I change my mind. Hire him.

(In best "Tyrone Shoelaces voice)

Why Mike Keenan? Well thas' simple.....

Just look at his body of work. He's taken teams to NHL playoffs roughly twelve of sixteen / seventeen years. Has a good track record with young players - Roenick (idiot person / great player) WOULD NOT have been the player he was, if it weren't for Keenan (as an example). Has been to two Stanley Cup Finals and won one.

No, he won't most likely last long here (doesn't anywhere), but I think he'd be a great fit for what we have on the horizon. He's experienced success, failure, been in the booth, gone overseas and should be refreshed and ready for a run.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Just take it for the reality that it is and move on - role players are role players.

Mind you, Reider has played much better his first year than I thought he would. He may end up being more than a role player.

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
Mind you, Reider has played much better his first year than I thought he would. He may end up being more than a role player.

Depends on who he gets as linemates. When he's let off the leash he's got a wicked shot and could become an offensive force like Boedker, but his defensive responsibility might entice Tippett to use him less as a scorer and more of a "jack of all trades."

kihekah19*

Oct 25, 2010
Phoenix, Arizona

That's why Reider was not included in my original response. :)

He came around nicely, imo showed offensive prowess right off and actually improved his defensive game, while keeping the offense.

Thor Savage

Oct 3, 2006
Arizona
Depends on who he gets as linemates. When he's let off the leash he's got a wicked shot and could become an offensive force like Boedker, but his defensive responsibility might entice Tippett to use him less as a scorer and more of a "jack of all trades."

Boeds ain't an offensive force yet . . . . close . . . . hopefully. He was definitely tracking to have a very productive year but the train fell off the tracks. Hopefully he bounces back quickly and continues his upward trajectory.

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
Boeds ain't an offensive force yet . . . . close . . . . hopefully. He was definitely tracking to have a very productive year but the train fell off the tracks. Hopefully he bounces back quickly and continues his upward trajectory.
I think he's always going to be like he has been the past few years, great for stretches then invisible for stretches. Still a good player to have since when he's on he's pretty damn good and seems to be a good bet for 25 goals with good two way play, but not the legit first liner we'd like him to be.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad