Don Maloney's 14-15 season ending press conference.

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
[NHL]807775[/NHL]

Some interesting quotes from Maloney's press conference:

"I've already had calls today about players. Teams are quite concerned about where the cap is going to be."

Also mentioned a few players for the 3rd overall pick, but name-dropped Marner. "Electric, Gaudreau-level player. A potential star winger who can excite people. We need a front line player."

Some other players going to the Worlds - Connor Murphy, John Moore, and Mark Arcobello for Team USA. Toby Rieder for Team Germany.

Last edited by a moderator:

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Maloney trolling Leafs with comments about Marner.

Mark Hunter is the guy behind landing him in London so odds are the Leafs were hoping he'd slide to the 4-5 slot. Maloney just basically trying to create doubt to get them to trade up.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site

Season ending press conference on team website. Just gushing that he's a first line star caliber player and that the Coyotes have about 6 guys who are in the mix at the 3rd pick. Marner is the only one in which he went into full detail on. Which means it's either legit or they are manipulating the media.

CC96

Serious Offender
Nov 6, 2012
Mesa, Arizona

Here are the comments, from an earlier post ITT.

Some interesting quotes from Maloney's press conference:

"I've already had calls today about players. Teams are quite concerned about where the cap is going to be."

Also mentioned a few players for the 3rd overall pick, but name-dropped Marner. "Electric, Gaudreau-level player. A potential star winger who can excite people. We need a front line player."

jacobhockey13

used to watch hockey, then joined HF Boards
Apr 17, 2014
on the bench
Maloney trolling Leafs with comments about Marner.

Mark Hunter is the guy behind landing him in London so odds are the Leafs were hoping he'd slide to the 4-5 slot. Maloney just basically trying to create doubt to get them to trade up.

GMDM is so savvy.

IPreferPi

A Nonny Mouse
Jun 22, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
Maloney on this season's UFA crop:

I just look at the free agency market, and there's not going to be a bevy of players out there free for the picking. I think we're going to have to be selective with what we do. But I look at Nashville and what they did this past off-season, where they added 3-4 experienced players that did very well, with very favorable contracts that filled holes for them, and that's probably part of our strategy.

IPreferPi

A Nonny Mouse
Jun 22, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
On whether any of the Yotes centers in the pipeline are NHL-ready next year:

No. No, I don't see it. I mean, Christian Dvorak had a terrific year this year, he was a top scorer in the OHL. He just turned 19-years old. Now, can he come in and surprise us? Ryan MacInnis, we just signed him. Big, strong, center-iceman. Could he come in and wow us? We're not planning for it.

IPreferPi

A Nonny Mouse
Jun 22, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
On Shane Doan's on-ice role going forward, foresees a reduction of icetime to preserve his effectiveness:

Well, I think the idea that we have to have Shane drag this team along for the next 5 years - that's not going to happen. I think Shane can be a very valuable part of this team going forward. Front-of-the-net, on the PP, along the boards, he's one guy that shows up every night. It's just maybe he has to go from 19-20 minutes a game down to a little lower in your lineup. There's no question to me he can still play, but it's really up to us to bring better players who can take those minutes.

IPreferPi

A Nonny Mouse
Jun 22, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
Well that does it, Chip is staying. ****

I thought Kyle Chipchura, of all the forwards for the last 40 games, was probably more consistent than anyone else we had, because he just played the game, played hard.

cobra427

May 6, 2012
He basically said they might trade down. I think Hanifin is the number 3 pick and the oilers want him. We could swap spots, they add...

cobra427

May 6, 2012
Well that does it, Chip is staying. ****

Chip was not the problem. We are fine bringing him back next year. We just can't bring back all of Chip/Crombeen/Korpi/etc...One of them is fine. Maybe he was window dressing Chip for a trade:)

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
Chip was not the problem. We are fine bringing him back next year. We just can't bring back all of Chip/Crombeen/Korpi/etc...One of them is fine. Maybe he was window dressing Chip for a trade:)

Totally we need an energy player who provides no energy. Go coyotes. yay.

IPreferPi

A Nonny Mouse
Jun 22, 2012
Phoenix, AZ

Advanced stats be damned, Chip's play was as inept and listless as nearly every single other forward this season, but especially for an energy winger. And this has been going on for 2 seasons now. There are better options out there.

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
Advanced stats be damned, Chip's play was as inept and listless as nearly every single other forward this season. Problem was that this has been going on for 2 seasons now. There are better options out there.

Nope. Go 2016 coyotes, no changes ever. Keep trying the same thing over and over again forever. Eventually it'll work.

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
Chipchura doesn't stick up for his teammates when the situation calls for it. He sucks at everything and is the most worthless regular player in the league.

How dare you. If we change anything.... you know what happens. It starts with Oil and ends with ers. All about sustaining mediocrity. WHOOOOOO!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad