Don Cherry & the Coach's Corner | 2017/2018 Playoffs Edition

killer1980

Sep 15, 2014
Kirkland Lake
Cherry is still pretty sharp with his analysis. When he starts to ramble he gets himself into trouble. MacLean has been pretty much a disappointment since he got the job back.

kihei

McEnroe: The older I get, the better I used to be.
Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
Cherry is still pretty sharp with his analysis. When he starts to ramble he gets himself into trouble. MacLean has been pretty much a disappointment since he got the job back.
Disappointment? When has MacLean been anything but a disappointment when it comes to Cherry?

TimPeel

Dec 10, 2017
Unfortunately kids today don't understand Don. My favorite thing about him is that he is a man's man, and that he is fiercely and proudly Canadian.

TimPeel

Dec 10, 2017
Fair enough I over generalized your position so my apologies.
Cherry is harmless fun and the poking fun at Swedes or whomever is shtick to troll overly emotional fans.
It’s all ratings.
He has certain political views that some don’t like but it cuts both ways.
Rather live here or US where you can agree to disagree it makes discussion fun as many times an open mind leads to growth
Cheers

In my experience Cherry always rips players that deserve to be ripped on. I have been watching him for years, and he has given a ton of credit and respect to European players, which I feel he gets unnecessary shit for. The man has praised Malkin and even said Freddie Andersen is one of the best goalies in the league

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
In my experience Cherry always rips players that deserve to be ripped on. I have been watching him for years, and he has given a ton of credit and respect to European players, which I feel he gets unnecessary **** for. The man has praised Malkin and even said Freddie Andersen is one of the best goalies in the league

He'll praise a Euro-born player one segment, and then purposely mangle up another one's name in the following segment. He does this 100% on purpose, and he doesn't care. :laugh:

DetroitRed

Crashes the Crease
Apr 7, 2013
Detroit
I thought it was good that he mentioned a few people involved with the game who are Canadian. Though, I was hoping that he wouldn't mention every single Canadian involved, because that would have taken the whole segment. Plus, after all, he did have the US Memorial Day tie. So, he seemed civil.

"You look good, you feel good. You feel good, you play good, and when you play good, they pay good." - Deion Sanders

Captain Bowie

Jan 18, 2012
Unfortunately kids today don't understand Don. My favorite thing about him is that he is a man's man, and that he is fiercely and proudly Canadian.
I'm 30, I've never "got" Cherry. He's a fossil and his views are in the minority and have been for over a decade.

Captain Bowie

Jan 18, 2012
It's obviously not just "kids" that aren't in tune with ol' Donny. Majoirty of hockey fans I know feel the same way, spanning several generations. I never claimed no "kids" not that I would call you that, 'get' him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad