Don Cherry & the Coach's Corner | 2017/2018 Playoffs Edition

Aaaaaaaaaaaaa

May 16, 2009
Not sure what I find more humorous...snowflakes who are offended by Don or people who think his interrupting and mispronouncing names is not a part of his shtick.

I don't think hockey has passed him by, I think he can't relate to humorless millennials or people who are easily offended by opinions they don't agree with. In my day, if someone said something you didn't agree with, you didn't cry about it and run to your computer to say how devastated you were. We were not personally injured by someone else's thoughts.

Inkio

Jul 2, 2012
Not sure what I find more humorous...snowflakes who are offended by Don or people who think his interrupting and mispronouncing names is not a part of his shtick.

I don't think hockey has passed him by, I think he can't relate to humorless millennials or people who are easily offended by opinions they don't agree with. In my day, if someone said something you didn't agree with, you didn't cry about it and run to your computer to say how devastated you were. We were not personally injured by someone else's thoughts.

Ahh the old in my day... these damn millennials speech. Because all people born after you are snowflakes. I’d like you to switch spots with a millennial and have $100,000’s of student loans and try and get a job when baby boomers refuse to hire you without experience. When you can’t get experience because no one will give you experience because they only hire people with experience. Omg I’m stuck in a loop! Anyway, and see how devistated you are.

Please just end the millennial crap. Your generation or the generation you raised is the reason the cost of living and economy was so bad when all millennials graduated. You’re at least at part to blame for them being the way they are.. as well as your generation raised them or the generation you raised raised them. Not sure how old you are. You think kids raise themselves?

Oh also, the internet we see now wasn’t really created until 1990 and there was no real forum for your generation to post and cry about things. That took a while. So maybe if there was your generation would have. Who knows?

Anyway back to hockey. Don Cherry is just an idiot in my opinion. That is all.

Last edited:

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016

Personally, I’m not “offended” by what Cherry says. I think he is losing his marbles but what he says is wildly entertaining and that’s why I keep tuning in.

pucksakes666

Mar 8, 2018
I wish he would have done more intermission reports with the americans like hull and roenick , all they did was talk about why the nhl should bring more fighting back lol.

Megaterio Llamas

el rey del mambo
Oct 29, 2011
North Shore
Ahh the old in my day... these damn millennials speech. Because all people born after you are snowflakes. I’d like you to switch spots with a millennial and have $100,000’s of student loans and try and get a job when baby boomers refuse to hire you without experience. When you can’t get experience because no one will give you experience because they only hire people with experience. Omg I’m stuck in a loop! Anyway, and see how devistated you are.

Please just end the millennial crap. Your generation or the generation you raised is the reason the cost of living and economy was so bad when all millennials graduated. You’re at least at part to blame for them being the way they are.. as well as your generation raised them or the generation you raised raised them. Not sure how old you are. You think kids raise themselves?

Oh also, the internet we see now wasn’t really created until 1990 and there was no real forum for your generation to post and cry about things. That took a while. So maybe if there was your generation would have. Who knows?

Come on, don't be a humorless whining millennial now ;)

hoglund

Dec 8, 2013
Canada
Cherry said Kris Letang was the best defense-man in the playoffs yesterday.
he's ranked 8th of the top 25 defensemen, he's not the best, but he's far from the worst either, he is in the top 10 so, Cherry saying this isn't crazy or shouldn't be though of as off the wall or something similar.

deepelemblues

May 25, 2016
Pittsburgh

Read nestor in the Iliad

Now there was an old fart who knew how to toss the shadiest shade on the young whippersnappers

MattMartin

Killer Instinct™
Feb 10, 2007
Long Island
Why do you care so much about him? Like I am honestly curious. I just do not get why anyone gets so emotionally invested in Don Cherry :laugh: Don't take yourself so seriously and if you don't like him that much change the channel when he comes on. That shockingly is what most people do when things they hate come on their TV.

SJW.

Canuck16

that's curtains!
Apr 11, 2011
Winnipeg, MB
To be fair, his exact quote was "the best defenseman maybe in the playoffs". You just omitted the word "maybe" for whatever reason.
I guess i missed the word maybe.
Well a few years ago, he said Brent Seabrook was the best defense man in the whole damn league (no maybe's in that sentence ).

Will Billiams

Jun 12, 2012

Boo ******* Hoo

kmart

Jan 23, 2008
why is this pinned and not the photoshop ? i always enjoyed those funny threads

Slap

Sep 28, 2017

tl;dr millennial lashing out because people have opinions.
Also sad because no one hires a hyper sensitive bitch like him.
E. Also clueless about the internet in the 90's

Last edited:

Inkio

Jul 2, 2012
tl;dr millennial lashing out because people have opinions.
Also sad because no one hires a hyper sensitive ***** like him.

His opinion is just a slate towards millennials. Also... I run my own business and am doing just fine thanks.

Also, you shouldn't base your opinion without reading something. That's like reading a headline and thinking you read the whole article. Not a very intellectual way of doing things... maybe that's why our economy is in shambles. No one reads the fine print.

Slap

Sep 28, 2017
His opinion is just a slate towards millennials. Also... I run my own business and am doing just fine thanks.
Does your "business" involve producing t-shirts with strong statements and losing money?

Inkio

Jul 2, 2012
Does your "business" involve producing t-shirts with strong statements and losing money?

For being a troll you should really work on your insults haha. Come back with some kind of intellectual response next time. Insulting someone with no knowledge of their business with some cheap response just makes me look better and you look like an idiot.

Slap

Sep 28, 2017
For being a troll you should really work on your insults haha. Come back with some kind of intellectual response next time. Insulting someone with no knowledge of their business with some cheap response just makes me look better and you look like an idiot.
So purple color hair dye then?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad