Don Cherry & the Coach's Corner | 2017/2018 Playoffs Edition

SaltNPeca

Jan 9, 2017
Köln
In my experience Cherry always rips players that deserve to be ripped on. I have been watching him for years, and he has given a ton of credit and respect to European players, which I feel he gets unnecessary **** for. The man has praised Malkin and even said Freddie Andersen is one of the best goalies in the league

Don's loved every Leafs goalie that won some playoff games. see: Cujo & Potvin

thebus88

19/20 Columbus Blue Jackets: "It Is What It Is"
Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
What's a "man's man?"
Which is?

Someone who doesn't think the term "man" or "man's man" is offensive.

I'm 30, I've never "got" Cherry. He's a fossil and his views are in the minority and have been for over a decade.

Yeah, god forbid a guy bases his opinions on his own feelings and life experiences, and not what the "majority" thinks.

And, what if this "majority", is really just a VOCAL minority that wants the real majority to FEEL they are the minority?

I'm 29 btw.

JAS 39 Gripen

Jun 26, 2011
Stockholm
Someone who doesn't think the term "man" or "man's man" is offensive.

Yeah, god forbid a guy bases his opinions on his own feelings and life experiences, and not what the "majority" thinks.

And, what if this "majority", is really just a VOCAL minority that wants the real majority to FEEL they are the minority?

I'm 29 btw.
I still dont get it, could you at least try to explain what you and other "men" mean by that? Or is it as simple as having male genitalia/huge male genitalia?

Or is it just having a strong opinion and sticking with it? Does that mean that females cant have that or are they also called "a man's man" if they live up to Don Cherrys high standard?

Mike Jones

Apr 12, 2007
Calgary
Canadian tv deal 5.2B over 12 years.

American deal 2B over 10 years.

Something is wrong here. Time for Bettman to go.
Plus QC is a hockey factory - at least it was when I lived there years ago. If the NHL is really serious about growing it has to locate a franchise in Quebec City.

Reactions: rosenqvist

Channelcat

Unhinged user
Feb 8, 2013
Canada
Plus QC is a hockey factory - at least it was when I lived there years ago. If the NHL is really serious about growing it has to locate a franchise in Quebec City.
The NHL is a bit warped. There is long term sustainable growth in Quebec, but yet the league clearly wants nothing to do with it.

Reactions: rosenqvist

robertocarlos

Sep 19, 2014
Why did Cherry waste our time with that Quebec question to Gary? Everybody knows the answer from Bettman. Yada yada yada, $650 million American, logistics, etc.

Jamin

Aug 25, 2009
I still dont get it, could you at least try to explain what you and other "men" mean by that? Or is it as simple as having male genitalia/huge male genitalia?

Or is it just having a strong opinion and sticking with it? Does that mean that females cant have that or are they also called "a man's man" if they live up to Don Cherrys high standard?
Have you legit never heard this term before? Or are you attempting to create some social argument?

Reactions: Iapyi and thebus88

JimboA

Dec 9, 2012
Sweden
Do any of you know if the top prospects will visit Coach's Corner like they usually do? I assume they will, but I haven't seen anything.

ryerockarola

Nov 20, 2011
Do any of you know if the top prospects will visit Coach's Corner like they usually do? I assume they will, but I haven't seen anything.
I don't know but I'll guess they'll be on Monday Game 4. It'd follow the last couple years' tradition and the pre-scout combine is in Buffalo this weekend so it makes sense.

Reactions: JimboA

Zybalto

Dec 28, 2012
I dunno, it seems Cherry has a strong opinion on the way the game should be played and biases towards certain players usually flavored by playstyle with a dash of nationalism.

Not sure why he gets so much heat as that's like half the users of this board.

He's lost a step with age but he's still entertaining and certainly a legend of the game. Like it or not he's probably going in the hall.

I'm just enjoying him while I can because his replacement is probably going to end up being Kypreos or some other shmuck. Even those who can't stand him should remember that it's sometimes better with the devil you know......

ryerockarola

Nov 20, 2011
I dunno, it seems Cherry has a strong opinion on the way the game should be played and biases towards certain players usually flavored by playstyle with a dash of nationalism.

Not sure why he gets so much heat as that's like half the users of this board.

He's lost a step with age but he's still entertaining and certainly a legend of the game. Like it or not he's probably going in the hall.

I'm just enjoying him while I can because his replacement is probably going to end up being Kypreos or some other shmuck. Even those who can't stand him should remember that it's sometimes better with the devil you know......
Good thing you add the 'or some other shmuck' after Kypreos's name. He's not a good enough talker to express his opinions like Cherry, he wouldn't work. But Sportsnet's done dumber things haha

Zybalto

Dec 28, 2012
Good thing you add the 'or some other shmuck' after Kypreos's name. He's not a good enough talker to express his opinions like Cherry, he wouldn't work. But Sportsnet's done dumber things haha

Are you ready for "Keepers Corner with Healy"?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad