Don Brennan should be FIRED!!!

GimmeMyJetpack

Classless.
Jun 25, 2012
Ottawa
What i dont get is why people are passionate from either stand point. He doesnt want to talk to media for awhile fine...who cares it does not really deter from your whole hockey experience.

brennan has a job to do, hes always been a jerk but thats his thing. He says things to get people to comment and read his stuff. You might not agree with his tactics or what he states but just dont read his stuff. It's not like it will impact Erik karlsson on the ice. It's just one beat writer.

Karlsson publicly stated he had a cruddy 2013...you dont think hundreds of poeple on twitter asked him about it already? If he was absolutely crushed by this and didnt want any intrusion in his personal life he wouldnt of posted this.

Nothing to see here people let brennan do his thing and let karlsson do his thing.

WHO CARES!

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
As an advertiser, and potential sponsor. This is going to sway my decision to spend money with TSN1200. I've voiced my concern with the station management and until there is some corrective action, I don't see my company working with Bellmedia in Ottawa in the near future.

Someone needs to call out Brennan, and I want to ensure that my company is the first that holds TSN1200 and Brennan accountable.

Thank you good sir. I'm certain that your voice will carry more weight than anyone here. Hopefully, we won't have to hear this guy on our local radio anymore.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011

PaGEEsBack

tell a friend
Aug 6, 2013
What i dont get is why people...

Nothing to see here people let brennan do his thing and let karlsson do his thing.

WHO CARES!

This isn't the first time he's blown nothing into something, and it won't be the last. It doesn't reflect well at all on the team, the city or the fanbase - and frankly it's just getting tiresome. I like to think we're a fairly educated group of supporters and we don't need this style of 'reporting' to keep an vested interest in the team.

Fans and media around the league now have the same instant access to the Senator's daily happenings as we do. Sure looks good when these are the biggest stories coming of this city - hounding star players and Don Brennans balls. Lovely.

corksens

Jul 19, 2005
What i dont get is why people are passionate from either stand point. He doesnt want to talk to media for awhile fine...who cares it does not really deter from your whole hockey experience.

brennan has a job to do, hes always been a jerk but thats his thing. He says things to get people to comment and read his stuff. You might not agree with his tactics or what he states but just dont read his stuff. It's not like it will impact Erik karlsson on the ice. It's just one beat writer.

Karlsson publicly stated he had a cruddy 2013...you dont think hundreds of poeple on twitter asked him about it already? If he was absolutely crushed by this and didnt want any intrusion in his personal life he wouldnt of posted this.

WHO CARES!
I care because I don't want some meathead sports writer making life even alittle more difficult or less enjoyable for our star defenseman.

GimmeMyJetpack

Classless.
Jun 25, 2012
Ottawa
Fans and media around the league now have the same instant access to the Senator's daily happenings as we do. Sure looks good when these are the biggest stories coming of this city - hounding star players and Don Brennans balls. Lovely.

Is this really the biggest story? Do you really think anyone outside of Ottawa has any idea that this is going on? Have you seen a post about it on the main board being discussed by other fans?

I care because I don't want some meathead sports writer making life even alittle more difficult or less enjoyable for our star defenseman.

Has his play gone down? How is what he did any different then people on twitter asking him why he had a bad year? Why would Karlsson care?

Wondercarrot

By The Power of Canadian Tire Centre
Jul 2, 2002
he shouldnt be fired, he should be ignored. then he will be fired.
i get that he's not a real journalist but christ he's barely literate.
and even worse he's not interesting.

at least Garrioch can probably legitimately claim he speaks to people around the league then prints it.

Wondercarrot

By The Power of Canadian Tire Centre
Jul 2, 2002

yeah, seriously. If im choosing between Don Brennan and our star awesome defenceman why the **** would i ever consider taking Don Brennan's side.
hes not a journalist, these arent the pentagon papers and until Karlsson takes the law into his own hands and turns vigilante i dont need Don Brennan making Erik Karlsson's day even a little bit less **** ing enjoyable.

PaGEEsBack

tell a friend
Aug 6, 2013
Is this really the biggest story? Do you really think anyone outside of Ottawa has any idea that this is going on? Have you seen a post about it on the main board being discussed by other fans?

It doesn't have to be a huge news for it to look bad. It was trending out of Ottawa all day yesterday. Almost all local media and bloggers got involved - so anyone following those people probably good dose of the hilarity. Now I doubt anyone out there actually cares a whole lot about this, but I wouldn't doubt it leaves them with a bit of that lingering cow-town smell.

Personally I think we can do better.

Spex

Feb 2, 2009
Don Brennn, like it or not, is the medium for the fans. Karlsson should man up and give the guy a quote or two. I pay to see this guy and he plays for me and all other Senators STHs and fans. He should grow up.

BS.

Just because you like him as a hockey player doesn't mean you have the right to know about his personal life.

So if you work for a public company, should you have to disclose your personal issues shareholders (a.k.a Season ticket holders) or customers (a.k.a fans)?

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
BS.

Just because you like him as a hockey player doesn't mean you have the right to know about his personal life.

So if you work for a public company, should you have to disclose your personal issues shareholders (a.k.a Season ticket holders) or customers (a.k.a fans)?

FFS, read the rest before posting.

Erik Karlsson is not doing any hockey scrums, pre or post game. Not to Brennan or any other ****ing reporter. He is not answering any hockey questions. hockey.

Get with the program.

Big Papi

Who's Mel Bridgeman?
Jul 10, 2009
Quebec
www.instagram.com
As an advertiser, and potential sponsor. This is going to sway my decision to spend money with TSN1200. I've voiced my concern with the station management and until there is some corrective action, I don't see my company working with Bellmedia in Ottawa in the near future.

Someone needs to call out Brennan, and I want to ensure that my company is the first that holds TSN1200 and Brennan accountable.

awesome!

Jan 19, 2006
Calgary
FFS, read the rest before posting.

Erik Karlsson is not doing any hockey scrums, pre or post game. Not to Brennan or any other ****ing reporter. He is not answering any hockey questions. hockey.

Get with the program.

Yes he is. He is doing every post game scrum that every NHL player is required to do. He is just not doing any additional personal interviews, which is what Brennan is mad about.

But feel free to keep spreading misinformation that fits your narrative if you want.

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
Yes he is. He is doing every post game scrum that every NHL player is required to do. He is just not doing any additional personal interviews, which is what Brennan is mad about.

But feel free to keep spreading misinformation that fits your narrative if you want.

Find me a quote from the last 6 games. Any quote. From any journalist. He is not. If you find something as of late feel free to prove me wrong.

Fandlauer

Apr 23, 2013
Ottawa unless it becomes a disaster
I highly doubt even 1 sponsor will pull out of TSN 1200 simply because Don Brennan does occasional spots :laugh:. People are acting like we have someone spewing hate speech over the airways. He's just some beat writer for a small market hockey team that occasionally says something stupid. No reason for people to get their knickers in a knot.

Spex

Feb 2, 2009
I know that you and many other beliebers don't care, and that is fine.

I've seen you use that word a couple of times now, and I don't think it means what you think it means.

So we're "Beliebers" because we're indifferent to when EK, or any player speaks, but you and your family gather around to take in as much hockey fluff you can? You sound exactly like a "Belieber"

To get a sense of what a "Beliber" is, get on Twitter and browse what people tweet to/about Justin Bieber. Trust me, it ain't pretty

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
even your alias Don Brennan is not denying that Karlsson is going to the scrums

Other than Colorado I haven't seen one, and I don't know who he spoke with there.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jan 19, 2006
Calgary
Find me a quote from the last 6 games. Any quote. From any journalist. He is not. If you find something as of late feel free to prove me wrong.
I already told you. Every single video on SensTV of post game interviews is a straight video of the pre/post game media scrum players do in front of their lockers. A quick check, on my tablet no less has one posted from Jan 8. Oh look a game in 2014, after his tweet.

For the last time, Brennan is just whining that Karlsson refuses to do a personal interview with him about his perosnal life. Something that is none of his business.

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
I've seen you use that word a couple of times now, and I don't think it means what you think it means.

So we're "Beliebers" because we're indifferent to when EK, or any player speaks, but you and your family gather around to take in as much hockey fluff you can? You sound exactly like a "Belieber"

To get a sense of what a "Beliber" is, get on Twitter and browse what people tweet to/about Justin Bieber. Trust me, it ain't pretty

Actually, I am referring to those who want to boycott radio stations for something so silly.

GimmeMyJetpack

Classless.
Jun 25, 2012
Ottawa
I already told you. Every single video on SensTV of post game interviews is a straight video of the pre/post game media scrum players do in front of their lockers. A quick check, on my tablet no less has one posted from Jan 8. Oh look a game in 2014, after his tweet.

For the last time, Brennan is just whining that Karlsson refuses to do a personal interview with him about his perosnal life. Something that is none of his business.

There is only 1 postgame interview since the start of 2014. I believe Coladin mentionned it. Not only i believe it was already mentioned everywhere that Karlsson would talk to the media for that game only.

I would settle down the attack on Coladin because it seems like he is correct here.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $300.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $150.00