Don Brennan should be FIRED!!!

Niv

Registered Hater
Sep 22, 2009
Ottawa
interesting that this thread was started exactly 3 years ago. I was wondering why everyone was talking about Clouston and Elliott.

Busboy

Jul 29, 2011
As a fan I really don't care if Karlsson would rather not talk to the media. If he thinks it's a distraction or even if he simply doesn't like doing it or talking to Brennan then good on him for making that decision.

He's our franchise player and will be for a long time, if he wants to go 2 weeks without answering for why he hasn't scored a goal recently or explaining problems in his personal life then we should respect that.

I doubt I'll find many who disagree with me about this on these boards though. Does anyone under the age of 50 even read the Sun?

Niv

Registered Hater
Sep 22, 2009
Ottawa
For anyone who doesn't know, word on the street is that EK and his wife split up. If that's true, I don't blame him at all for not talking to the media.

corksens

Jul 19, 2005
EK and his long-time girlfriend turned wife split not even a year after their marriage.

Throw in a sliced achilles and you have a pretty crummy year.

For Brennan to not know/notice that is absurd. He's such a dud.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
interesting that this thread was started exactly 3 years ago. I was wondering why everyone was talking about Clouston and Elliott.

Seems to be about half a dozen ancient threads that have been resurrected over the past day or so. Not sure why.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
EK and his long-time girlfriend turned wife split not even a year after their marriage.

Throw in a sliced achilles and you have a pretty crummy year.

For Brennan to not know/notice that is absurd. He's such a dud.

Oh, he knows. For whatever reason, Brennan just wants to start some mud slinging of some sort. Pretty trivial little whiny article overall though. Much ado about nothing, really.

Oct 10, 2010
I am going to go all TMZ here, so i wonder why Karlsson and his wife split? We know Erik is on the road lots - perhaps he got himself in some trouble with another lady? lol

mat_sens

@mat_sens #lalala
Jan 22, 2007
Ottawa
Let's keep it "personal issues" until anything comes out. No need to speculate. The issue here is Don Brennan's incompetence not Karlssons off ice life.

I don't understand why the Senators haven't banned him from the dressing room. That's a ridiculous article.

trueseraphim

Jul 5, 2013
ontario, canada
I forgot we lived in a medieval time when divorce is unheard of and is terrible. Who cares what issues are going on in EK's life? I don't care who he hooked up with last weekend. I just want to see him continue to be a gamer and be our franchise player.

testinz

Oct 2, 2007
Pretty bad article by the Brenna - childish. People has the right to keep their life private!

Jan 19, 2006
Calgary
Let's keep it "personal issues" until anything comes out. No need to speculate. The issue here is Don Brennan's incompetence not Karlssons off ice life.

I don't understand why the Senators haven't banned him from the dressing room. That's a ridiculous article.
By this point, he really should have had his press pass revoked.

The guy hasn't done anything but damage the Senators organization throughout his entire "journalistic career", whether it's drive players out of town, or write negative articles that have nothing to do with hockey.

Niv

Registered Hater
Sep 22, 2009
Ottawa
By this point, he really should have had his press pass revoked.

The guy hasn't done anything but damage the Senators organization throughout his entire "journalistic career", whether it's drive players out of town, or write negative articles that have nothing to do with hockey.

Isn't he a Bruins fan anyway? That would make sense for sabotaging a divisional rival.

OmniSens

@OmniSenators
Sep 22, 2008
Ottawa
What an idiot. Mind your own business and stop pushing our players. If Karlsson demands a trade, it'll be the end for us.

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
Don Brennn, like it or not, is the medium for the fans. Karlsson should man up and give the guy a quote or two. I pay to see this guy and he plays for me and all other Senators STHs and fans. He should grow up.

Sens players have it very easy here, by the way. Too easy. There is no Larry Brooks or Damien Cox in this neck of the woods. No one in any media has reported that Karlsson has split with his wife. They are very good, unlike Scott Burnside, of determining what is on/off the record and the fact that many around the journalist circles chide Ottawa journalism for not asking the hard questions shows that they are pretty much lapdogs for the Sens players anyways.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Don Brennn, like it or not, is the medium for the fans. Karlsson should man up and give the guy a quote or two. I pay to see this guy and he plays for me and all other Senators STHs and fans. He should grow up.

Sens players have it very easy here, by the way. Too easy. There is no Larry Brooks or Damien Cox in this neck of the woods. No one in any media has reported that Karlsson has split with his wife. They are very good, unlike Scott Burnside, of determining what is on/off the record and the fact that many around the journalist circles chide Ottawa journalism for not asking the hard questions shows that they are pretty much lapdogs for the Sens players anyways.

Too many bus stops in this city for Brooksie. :sarcasm::laugh:

corksens

Jul 19, 2005

Who cares? We're not accusing him of having a drug problem. Relationships end. Big whoop.

Big Papi

Who's Mel Bridgeman?
Jul 10, 2009
Quebec
www.instagram.com

it's none of our business...full stop. Just because he plays for our team does not mean he has no right to privacy, what is your logic? making players as uncomfortable as possible to play in Ottawa?
No one in the media has reported it because they know its yellow journailism. So instead, you have someone trying to make a buck off it somehow, without breaching some code.

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau
Looks like Brennan is gonna jump aboard another sinking ship when he guests on TSN1200 at like 2:25.

Maybe he'll join TSN1200's crusade to play EK at forward. (TSN1200 - another useless Ottawa sports media outlet)

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau

Hilarious. I know I started the thread, but didn't realize that I revived it exactly 3 years after. Haha.

This must be the time of year when Brennan gets very lazy and decides to wirte a bunch of useless crap to stir the pot.

OR

Could just be the time of the season where us as readers have had just about enough of Brennan's crap.

And yes, we are extremely lucky that we don't have Damian Cox around here. But, I think guys like Brennan thrive to be eternal pessimists like Cox

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad