News Article: Domingue Drama - Louis Talks About the Trade and His Future

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
No matter how you cut it, and no matter how much Domingue is or is not a primadonna, not allowing Domingue, a professional athlete, the opportunity to work out on Coyote ice was a dick move.

Players talk about this stuff and the team worsens its reputation among players by pulling stunts like this.

It's a business not a day care center.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
No matter how you cut it, and no matter how much Domingue is or is not a primadonna, not allowing Domingue, a professional athlete, the opportunity to work out on Coyote ice was a dick move.

Players talk about this stuff and the team worsens its reputation among players by pulling stunts like this.
Come on, it's not like we sent him to a knee doctor! ;)

Reactions: Yandover

ParisSaintGermain

Jan 19, 2004
Conflict with Domingue, conflict with Duclair, terrible handling of Doan... irrelevant if the management of the Coyotes is right or wrong, they have to pause and reconsider how they are handling things one way or another there.

This damages the organisation and therefore their business.

I don't know Barroway, and I like Chayka. I like when Chayka speaks, it is always interesting.

However I am not sure why we have not heard from them from the official Coyotes channel/website for what seems like ages. Really, considering the horrendous season in all aspects, the massive question mark about the arena and future, and the various stories that are coming out week in, week out, is it unreasonable to expect some strong leadership from them at this time?

Come on, and come out of your grotto, tells us that this is only 6 months of a 4 year plans (RT has been signed for 4 years), tell is what has been going well, admit some mistakes, give us an update on the arena.

This would help a great deal.

Reactions: Sthlmyote

Neighborhood Coyote

Sep 14, 2017
His attitude was that he is better than the ECHL and it turns out he was correct.

Every time the Coyotes try to play the part of the hardass organization, the bluff gets called. You can't threaten someone who finds every outcome (the 'punishment' for noncompliance) preferable to playing for your organization. Being bad can, if unchecked, slide into what we can call the "Edmonton Abyss", except with zero external pressure (city doesn't care) and a lot less money. It goes from "this organization can at least give me icetime and let me have an impact" to "playing here will ultimately be bad for my career" real quick. It isn't any one thing that turns players, it's a pileup of nonsense. This is one more on the pile, just like John Scott, Shane Doan, Duclair, Downie's injury etc...

Brings me to an interesting point I like to think about. First about his attitude, because he may have felt that way and at the present, it's probably true that he is better. However, in that moment in time, was he actually better than an ECHL Goalie? He had every chance possible to take a starter's job in the NHL. IF he had come out and lit it up for the Coyotes, not only would he have been a starter going forward, he would have been lauded as more possibly. But instead, he had horrendous numbers and it was very very clear he was not getting it done here. An ECHL Goalie could have possibly put up similar numbers as he was at the time.

As stated above, the fact he had no idea Wedgewood could have his job makes me wonder wtf he was thinking? Either that is a flat out lie by him or he is completely in his own world. Neither is really a good sign, imo. And I actually liked LD. I realllly wanted him to do well and thought he had flashes of good play. But his performance this year was abysmal for the Yotes.

And I totally agree with the bluff/threats. Looking at this team from a player's stand point... what can the team offer? Right now, it's definitely not a chance to win. Doesn't seem to be a place to develop either. So what exactly is the reason a player would want to choose playing for the Coyotes right now? Only thing that I can think of, sadly, is that the reason is they won't be played anywhere else and the Yotes will at least play them in the NHL?

I'm not trying to be super negative about things, but realistically looking at it based on results and what has transpired with this team so far this year.

ParisSaintGermain

Jan 19, 2004
Domingue. The fact he thinks it is a good idea to "open up about the Coyotes" just as he is settling in with the Bolts organisation (be with the NHL or in the AHL's teams ) is telling me that he is probably not the sharpest tool in the toolbox.

This aside. I wish he would admit he was terrible and could not handle it for us, at a time when we needed him.

However I also think he became (and has become) a very convenient scapegoat for a team that has demonstrated to be dysfunctional way beyond Domingue. He has gone and many (most?) problems have remained.

Reactions: Mosby and Yandover

RABBIT

Years of my life w you f*cks only to get relocated
I tried to put out a fire on the main boards. There's no chance. Just so many relocation comments to dig through.

Not to come off as challenging, just genuinely curious. I've been flagged for derailing a thread before here, yet almost everything thread about the Coyotes on the main board consists of "garbage franchise" or "move the team" comments. Am i missing something in the rule books for a web forum? Just strikes me as odd.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
I tried to put out a fire on the main boards. There's no chance. Just so many relocation comments to dig through.

Not to come off as challenging, just genuinely curious. I've been flagged for derailing a thread before here, yet almost everything thread about the Coyotes on the main board consists of "garbage franchise" or "move the team" comments. Am i missing something in the rule books for a web forum? Just strikes me as odd.

:laugh:Welcome to the club.

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
Looking on Louie's residence.......

gif-two-and-a-half-men-fire-cigar-384800.gif

Reactions: Yandover

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
He's an idiot for airing it out, but he's not completely wrong either.

Of course, Morgan has already proven he'll write anything for a buck, so I'm not sure he's above writing for the high school newspaper.

ParisSaintGermain

Jan 19, 2004
Even more glad he's gone now.

"On the Blue corner here is LOUUUU the Golden Glove from the Domingue Republic. His record is 3W 0D 27L"

"On the Red corner is Craig from Glendale. His record his 0W 100D 0L, he has never lost an argument, probably never been in an argument."

"Tight one Joe" and HERE WE GO

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Poor Louis, he couldn't catch a fair break in Quebec and now Arizona wronged him, too. I'm sure NOTHING will go wrong in Tampa, right...right?

AZviaNJ

“Sure as shit want to F*** Coyote fans.”
Mar 31, 2011
AZ
Louie is a master at turning a good situation into a bad situation....then opening his mouth and making 100x worse.

Hey Garth (Snow) it's Stevie Y.....you still need help in goal?

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
And I picked Tampa to win the Cup.

It's a sick world where Dustin Brown has 2 Cups, David Rundblad has a Cup, and potentially Louis Domingue.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
When you send a player down, I believe there are rules about practicing/use of facilities. Otherwise you would have to recall player and keep him on main roster.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
I also get the impression that he thought there would be no response from anyone connected to AZ, which is pretty funny.

That's almost as crazy as thinking your job wasn't on the line when the team acquires another goaltender...

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
1/2 I don’t understand why people make this story as if I trashed the coyotes. It’s not about how I was treated at all it’s about how I had to challenge myself to get back on my feet. The only reason why I was in this situation in the first place was cause of my poor play.

2/2 If you guys listen to the actual interview and not read the interview you clearly see that I’m not trashing the coyotes at all. Yes it wasn’t the best situation how it got handled but at the end of the day it’s not about that but only about overcoming difficult times!⚡⚡

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad