Confirmed with Link: Domi for Galchenyuk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Chayka on Galchenyuk: “He’s has success playing the center position. ... I don’t think we’d make this trade if we didn’t think he had the ability to play center.”

Whaaaaaaat?!?!?!? Galchenyuk hasn’t played center hardly at all the last two years while playing for a team absolutely desperate for centers.

That's cause you don't understand who the Habs's GM is.

2cbhkb.jpg

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
This is not how I wanted to spend the little money they have. I wanted to keep the lower cost talent and add to that. Not swap it for higher cost talent. We still need high end additions. If it's an upgrade, it's a small one that hurts our chances of adding any salary. We're probably back to looking at 4th line "sticky" additions.
Talent is going to cost $. Galchenyuk is a damn good player, still young and can play C in a pinch. The only area we lose is cost certainty.

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
Apparently they could announce the Domi contract tomorrow, it'll be interesting to see how much he gets.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
Except he is. He's always put up points and has been most dangerous when he's at centre.
There is a lot more to playing center than just putting up points. Galchenyuk has not shown he can play the position successfully yet, that might change.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
We played Domi at center last year. So even if you don't think Galchenyuk is a great center, he has a low bar to pass to be an upgrade to Domi at either wing or center.

Reactions: Murf and Sthlmyote

Plub

Part time Leaf fan
Jan 9, 2011
Arizona
Hopefully someone will do a post mortem and explain how the organization managed to chase off Domi and Duclair.

Duke chased himself out. But Domi? That one stings. He was the only dude who had any kind of grit in our top-six. He hit, the would stand up for people. This kind of took me by surprise.

Reactions: RemoAZ

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Talent is going to cost $. Galchenyuk is a damn good player, still young and can play C in a pinch. The only area we lose is cost certainty.

You can always flip him at the trade deadline and get even more for him. It's a win/win for Zona.

Reactions: Murf and Jakey53

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I don’t know.. with all the depression in this thread it seems like one

You guys have done well. Enjoy.

Habs fans are in purgatory. The GM produces no quality disposable depth in 6 seasons and then trades Subban, Sergachev and now Galchenyuk and can't get a damn top 6 center in return. Who does this. Chayka prevailed on the dumbest GM in the league.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad