Confirmed with Link: Domi for Galchenyuk

Status
Not open for further replies.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
You guys got a hell of a player.

I guess Montreal got an okay middle six winger. Exactly what we needed.....................................

You're forgiven for not watching Arizona, but Domi is still the tantalizing winger that he was drafted to be. He has suffered mentally in Arizona and has had inconsistent linemates plus a goal drought.

I don't like this. Risky tade. And Galchenyuk doesn't have as much control left as Domi. How is he going to handle complete anonymity in AZ?

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
How does this impact the room?

Richardson, Martinook, Domi etc.. gone. Unknowns coming in.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
I'm not upset because Domi was already gone. At least we got a legit NHL player with upside back.

Some slim chance that he can transition to center. Can't be worse than playing Domi at center anyway.

Reactions: Mosby and Yandover

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
This also seems like confirmation that the Domi seeking a fresh start rumors were true. I'd love more details about that situation. Any chance at Galchenyuk plays C?

Nevermind

Chyka thinks he can play center.

Chayka on Galchenyuk: “He’s has success playing the center position. ... I don’t think we’d make this trade if we didn’t think he had the ability to play center.”

Reactions: SniperHF

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
You're forgiven for not watching Arizona, but Domi is still the tantalizing winger that he was drafted to be. He has suffered mentally in Arizona and has had inconsistent linemates plus a goal drought.

I don't like this. Risky tade. And Galchenyuk doesn't have as much control left as Domi. How is he going to handle complete anonymity in AZ?
Galchenyuk is an upgrade to Domi, but I like both players. Good hockey trade.

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
This is not how I wanted to spend the little money they have. I wanted to keep the lower cost talent and add to that. Not swap it for higher cost talent. We still need high end additions. If it's an upgrade, it's a small one that hurts our chances of adding any salary. We're probably back to looking at 4th line "sticky" additions.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
I'm not upset because Domi was already gone. At least we got a legit NHL player with upside back.

Some slim chance that he can transition to center. Can't be worse than playing Domi at center anyway.
I agree, and we didn't trade for a 28 yo. vet.

Reactions: 0point1
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad