Confirmed with Link: Domi for Galchenyuk

Status
Not open for further replies.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Galchenyuk is not a center guys.
Chayka on Galchenyuk: “He’s has success playing the center position. ... I don’t think we’d make this trade if we didn’t think he had the ability to play center.”

Whaaaaaaat?!?!?!? Galchenyuk hasn’t played center hardly at all the last two years while playing for a team absolutely desperate for centers.

Reactions: Yandover

DoanStopBelievin

Oct 6, 2017
So it seems entirely possible that MTL now takes a C in Kotkaniemi... and according to rumblings of Dobson in organization’s top 5’s the dumpster fire in OTT may take him... I won’t jinx anything but :naughty:

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Habs were rumored to be interested in Domi at the deadline. Have to wonder if this is the same deal Chayka thought would come through in the offseason.

Reactions: Conor Clancey

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
Chayka on Galchenyuk: “He’s has success playing the center position. ... I don’t think we’d make this trade if we didn’t think he had the ability to play center.”

Whaaaaaaat?!?!?!? Galchenyuk hasn’t played center hardly at all the last two years while playing for a team absolutely desperate for centers.
Much easier to play center in the West with most teams not really having a strong or big center???

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX

Stat wise he was more productive at center. If it doesn't work, he's still depth scoring. He's also excellent on the rush. Montreal basically buried him and jerked him around ala Boedker.

Neighborhood Coyote

Sep 14, 2017
Interesting trade. If Domi wanted out then I like it. If not then I'd say could do worse. Galchenyuk has some goalscoring upside and this team needs goals badly. Hell, if he plays wing with Strome even that could be interesting.

I wish Domi well... I liked what he brought to the team and community. That's a tough loss, but at least the team got a similar type of player back.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Domi is one of the most popular players to be moved out of here. The stands were lined with Domi jerseys starting a few months into his time here.

Even Keller, an objectively better player, didn't draw that kind of fan support. Domi was a true fan favorite from word 1 and I don't like that we continue to have to move these types.

It's all on Galchenyuk to wash it away. He's got the skill to do it. I'm not sure he's a center though.

Who's going to get our empty netter's now?

I like Domi but this is a truthitude unfortunately. His hand injury was a big deal but the fact is he may have never recovered his NHL level shot.

Galchenyuk is not a center guys.

I have a feeling we're going to find out for sure.

Fake edit:

Chyka thinks he can play center.

I read rt's post first, with the Chayka quote it sounds like it's a sure thing.

This also seems like confirmation that the Domi seeking a fresh start rumors were true.

I've been saying it all along not to dismiss all the rumors. I hoped they wouldn't trade him at bottom value (they did okay in return here though from where Domi was at) but there were just too many rumors of him being moved at some point to dismiss it. Remembering back to the Friedman article I think it was who said he'd be gone by the draft. Well look at that..

A very interesting 1:1 hockey change of scenery trade looking from the outside. Both teams could end up happy or both miserable and everywhere in between.

Reactions: Jakey53 and _Del_

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
I think we should just add NHL-quality wingers instead of playing five fourth line/ahl-quality players, so that they all have guys to pass to.

Stepan, Gally, Dvo, Strome is fine. At home Stepan and Dvo can do heavy lifting. Chuck and Strome create match up problems for the other team's third and fourth. You can shift Dvo to wing if every one works out and Kruger is health is healthy.

Reactions: Yandover

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
Domi is one of the most popular players to be moved out of here. The stands were lined with Domi jerseys starting a few months into his time here.

Even Keller, an objectively better player, didn't draw that kind of fan support. Domi was a true fan favorite from word 1 and I don't like that we continue to have to move these types.
Yup. Hopefully Chucky lights it up early, that will help. Right now it sucks though.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Chyka thinks he can play center.

Where's that quote from?

Edit: never mind.

Last edited:

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
I don’t believe Galchenyuk is a center. Chayka saying he wouldn’t have done the deal if Galchenyuk weren’t a center makes me kind of sick. Like a lot sick.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
I love Max and think he'll rebound to a 15-20 goal, heart and soul guy.
But he also wanted out. Everyone paying attention knew that when the "fresh start" talk started last year. Noone says that when everyone is happy with present circumstances.

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
If Domi wanted out I can't blame him. We've been a bottom 3 team since he's been here and he's been jerked around the lineup just like most of our players have getting stuck with 4th line player plenty. The move to center instead of calling up Strome was a typical dumb ass move. He was probably just as frustrated as the rest of us they wouldn't leave him and Duclair together even when they were clicking.

Reactions: Sthlmyote and _Del_

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
We have 2 years to convince Galchenyuk to stay in AZ. That is one of the pieces of this I like the least. I'm pretty shocked that we got a piece that on paper is more valuable than Domi after last seasons egg laying. Going to miss Domi a whole lot, and what that 2nd gear could have looked like had he gotten a taste of the playoffs. I think both teams will be happy, but I'm worried in three years we will not be as excited as Montreal is.

Reactions: BeSeeingYouSeattle

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Whats the scouting report on Domi? What are his strenghts and weaknesses?

Domi when he's on is a fireball out there. He's not the biggest and his board work isn't the best. But he competes well for his size and he will throw down for teammates when bigger stronger players will not.

His passing is first rate and he's very good at creating his own zone entries. His shot used to be passable but now is horrible after his hand injury. It may or may not recover and it has already been more than a year.

He is very good off the rush with players he has developed chemistry with but does not immediately fit in on any line. Not the best PP player but he's never had much in the way of a quality PP personnel around him either besides OEL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad