Sportsnet: Domi calls Scott Stevens out as a sandbagger!

FraumBallard

Dec 9, 2018
I could care less whether you are sold. Both Tie and the officials are responsible for their actions. Welcome to the adult world.
I'm with Pookie.
Not a good look to be crying to the ref about how dirty and mean the other team is.
Part of the gig.
They are massively overpaid if you look at the real world.
Don't whine.
Go find a way to win.
Kinda like life.
Imagine that.

SmoggyTwinkles

Go Leafs Go
Aug 5, 2010
Oshawa
www.bing.com
Most hated Leaf of all time for me. Such a dislikeable person.

I actually liked Domi, then the elbow on Neidermeyer happened with 3 seconds left in a runaway win for the Leafs vs the Devils in the playoffs, we were up in that series, but that Domi elbow changed the whole series and f*** him for that, so f***ing selfish and dumb and unnecessarily violent even back then.

And you can just tell he's a prick by looking at him.

Anisimovs AK

Apr 14, 2006
Columbus, OH
You said there was nothing wrong with it, which is why I replied. Do you stand by that? That was not the norm back then. Elbowing someone in the head like that was hardly normal. Extremely dirty play, and Domi’s crocodile tears did not make me feel the least bit bad for him. He had it out for Niedermayer, that’s why he did it. Nice to see some Leaf fans can admit it was wrong.
Its not just the elbow, its also nowhere near the play.

SmoggyTwinkles

Go Leafs Go
Aug 5, 2010
Oshawa
www.bing.com
Yeah nope...unless you sign a contract with them (aka gilmour) no real Leaf would be caught dead in the bleu blanc et rouge...he's an embarassment to my Leaf memories honestly...terrible human and he was willing to put on those colors just because his son got traded there...yeah take a hike tie...a long walk off a short pier preferably...

Even though he is from Ontario and played 777 of his 1,020 regular-season games for the Leafs, Domi said he hasn’t thought twice about cheering for the Canadiens — and not only because his son is on the team.

It is not “weird” to see Max wearing the colours of a team that was an arch-rival when he was playing, he said.

“It was actually emotional because I was happy for him — original six. It’s a historical franchise,” he said. “I grew up idolizing Guy Lafleur and the Montreal Canadiens and the winning tradition. I played for Toronto, but Montreal was always my team as a kid, and Guy was always my favourite player.”

Yeah no love for him here...

Never heard this (because I don't care about Domi, or his son) but yeah, that kind of comment, he can f*** right off (and I have a feeling the Leafs want little to do with him)

Fan favourite at one point, yet he's never (as far as I know) been celebrated by the club.

Must be a d-bag.

SmoggyTwinkles

Go Leafs Go
Aug 5, 2010
Oshawa
www.bing.com
Its not just the elbow, its also nowhere near the play.

If we're talking about the Neydermier hit, there was 3 seconds left and the Leafs were up by 2 goals.

Domi was suspended for the rest of the playoffs, but it wasn't just that. You could even see on Sundin's face he had no answer for it, and it hurt the team, they went to 7 games as I remember, and recorded a record low 12 or 13 shots on net in that game, it was the most frustrating game I've ever watched in my life.

Domi's actions sucked the life out of that series for the Leafs IMO.

Reactions: Anisimovs AK

Alexanderthe89

Apr 29, 2011
Never understood why people get all worked up over the Habs thing. He’s supporting his son. There are plenty of actual reasons not to like him. That’s not one.

Reactions: grapes55

Communal Blood

Jun 1, 2003
Toronto, Ontario
Certainly not a fan of Domi, but he's not wrong about Stevens. Great at hitting, but fairly cowardly. Let guys like Oliwa and McKenzie fight his battles for him.

That Niedermayer video is amusing. Stevens was acting like he wanted to kill Domi, yet in reality his gloves were cemented on whenever Domi challenged him.

Damisoph

Jun 29, 2010
Domi cost us that series vs NJ when he blind sided Niedermayer. He had just played his best game as a Leaf too, scoring a goal, we won the game to go up 3-2 in the series. His kid is a hab and he's been photographed in a hab jersey so he can gtfo now

Saying that, Stevens was a dirty forearm-shivering douche that never answered the bell. "He was too valuable to fight"....go f yourself.

Reactions: Al14

The Apologist

Apologizing for Leaf garbage since 1979
Oct 16, 2007
Leaf Nation Hell
Most Leaf Players always stir up mixed emotions.

+ good dust ups with other enforcers

-Scott Niedermeyer hit
-His final contract with TOR was outragous

Not the biggest Domi fan, but like any Leaf star he will have his detractors and his loyalists.
See Gilmour, Sundin, Tucker, Kabs, CuJo, Kessel, JVR, Belfour, Felix, and on and on.....

ottomaddox

Oct 31, 2017
Toronto
Not the biggest Domi fan, but like any Leaf star he will have his detractors and his loyalists.
See Gilmour, Sundin, Tucker, Kabs, CuJo, Kessel, JVR, Belfour, Felix, and on and on.....
I'd love to meet the Gilmour detractors or the Cujo ones. They must exist in a realm of Unicorns and Leprechauns.

Last edited:

Kazparov

Jan 2, 2017
Why is that? I loved Domi when he was on the team, but so many seem to share your opinion, just wondered why he is so hated.

I personally saw a lot of atrocious behavior from Tie when I worked at Harbour Sixty. He was there all the time and treated people like absolute garbage.

Tough as nails player with lots of heart but a garbage human being

Last edited:

ottomaddox

Oct 31, 2017
Toronto
Never understood why people get all worked up over the Habs thing. He’s supporting his son. There are plenty of actual reasons not to like him. That’s not one.

Agreed plus Tie Domi wearing a Habs jersey is some of the best P.R. they've had this season. Just goes to show you...

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013
Got any links?

Are we really talking about off ice stuff here? There's plenty of Domi on-ice content to draw from.

You can google it if you like. If you do just remember that no criminal charges were filed against Gilmour. And I believe the lawyer of the family that filed the lawsuit ended up being indicted.

Just saying that some didn’t welcome Gilmour with those accusations. Not saying it was right.

ottomaddox

Oct 31, 2017
Toronto
You can google it if you like. If you do just remember that no criminal charges were filed against Gilmour. And I believe the lawyer of the family that filed the lawsuit ended up being indicted.

Just saying that some didn’t welcome Gilmour with those accusations. Not saying it was right.

Well I am here in this thread to talk about Domi, his on-ice activities, and maybe his previous salary awarded by JFJ. Outside of that I could care less about gossip. NHLers are not role models, so what difference does it make? I'm not here disputing that Cujo and Gilmour are not human and perfect role models
I certainly liked what they did on-ice throughout their careers. Ok you heard about dirt. I still find it hard to believe Cujo and Gilmour are as greatly polarizing as Domi.

lottster14

Feb 10, 2019
Pretty sure Scott Stevens was a warrior for his team, very useful and a good asset. When it comes to fighting Domi maybe he backed out, but this is just an article for sportsnet to keep bringing in traffic during this time.

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013
Looks like Domi and Stevens came together once in their careers. Both just kind of hanging on... 3:28 they end up on the bench together.

Domi is likely upset that he got rocked a couple of times by Stevens

I get maybe Tie feels that his manhood was threatened there. But c’mon man... as evidence shows in this thread you backed away from fights many times.

If I’m Stevens with over 100 fights in my career including a couple with the likes of Bob Probert... hitting Tie and watching him get upset is exactly what I’m going to keep doing.

Reactions: Lazlo Hollyfeld

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
Looks like Domi and Stevens came together once in their careers. Both just kind of hanging on... 3:28 they end up on the bench together.

Domi is likely upset that he got rocked a couple of times by Stevens

I get maybe Tie feels that his manhood was threatened there. But c’mon man... as evidence shows in this thread you backed away from fights many times.

If I’m Stevens with over 100 fights in my career including a couple with the likes of Bob Probert... hitting Tie and watching him get upset is exactly what I’m going to keep doing.

Stevens was a bushwacker and tried to injure everybody. Pure dirtbag. Not someone i would suggest defending. I showed the high sticks and dirty hits from Devils players. Screw them. Neidermayer’s high stick on Domi is in video. Thats why he got a elbow. Looks good on him.

i can bring up all the attempt to injure elbows and low bridges of stevens but he’s not worth the server space on here. His fights were for trying to injure players and players came looking for the dirtbag

Mr Hockey

Toronto
May 11, 2017
Stevens did a lot of his fighting early in his career, no real good reason to fight a domi late in his career

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad