Sportsnet: Domi calls Scott Stevens out as a sandbagger!

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013
Stevens was a bushwacker and tried to injure everybody. Pure dirtbag. Not someone i would suggest defending. I showed the high sticks and dirty hits from Devils players. Screw them. Neidermayer’s high stick on Domi is in video. Thats why he got a elbow. Looks good on him.

Quote the mental somersault to call an opponent a dirtbag and defend Domi at the same time... as if his dirty baggery is justified somehow.

It’s either all dirty or it’s not.

Stevens was dirty. Domi was dirty. Both turned down fights

i can bring up all the attempt to injure elbows and low bridges of stevens but he’s not worth the server space on here. His fights were for trying to injure players and players came looking for the dirtbag

Pointing out the irony in Domi’s attempt to stay relevant isn’t the same as defending Stevens.

Domi turned down fights.

And it’s an embarrassment to see him in a Leafs Jersey based on what he did to Neidermayer.

Reactions: Anisimovs AK

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
Quote the mental somersault to call an opponent a dirtbag and defend Domi at the same time... as if his dirty baggery is justified somehow.

Pointing out the irony in Domi’s attempt to stay relevant isn’t the same as defending Stevens.

Domi turned down fights.

And it’s an embarrassment to see him in a Leafs Jersey based on what he did to Neidermayer.
Your the one that started the mud slinging and siding with a comparable or worse dirtbag player. So don’t even go there.

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014

Domi turned down fights.

Neidermayer wants to crosscheck Domi in the face. Good luck with that. What did he think he would get away with that from Domi haaa. Looks good on him. Keep your crosschecks out of peoples faces. Neidermayer chopped Worrell pretty good over the head with a two hander also.

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013
Your the one that started the mud slinging and siding with a comparable or worse dirtbag player. So don’t even go there. Sidewinder is you bud

Let’s review.

1. Domi called Stevens out for not fighting him.

2. I showed instances of Domi not fighting when challenged.

3. Poster asked why some Leaf fans don’t like Domi

4. I showed the elbow that cost the series.

5. You jumped in to say it’s justified. And in a “yeah... well the Devils were dirtier” defence, you excuse Domi.

6. I’m not biting. Stevens and the Devils could be the dirtiest team ever and it wouldn’t excuse Domi’s actions.

His move was gutless and cowardly.

Calling out Stevens’ character... deserved or not... is pretty rich for this ass clown.

The Hanging Jowl

Apr 2, 2017
Have a look at how Hockey used to be played.
I'm not kidding you.
Dirty play?
For sure.
Out of the norm?
Not so much.
Just the way it was.
WAY more fun to watch as well.
Emotions ran high.
You can hardly get a pulse outta this current up and coming generation.
Super boring.

Hockey was never played that way in my life (I'm 50) except by Claude Lemieux, Dale Hunter, John Kordic, Matt Cooke and....wait for it...Tie Domi. That was never NHL hockey by any real fan.

FraumBallard

Dec 9, 2018
Hockey was never played that way in my life (I'm 50) except by Claude Lemieux, Dale Hunter, John Kordic, Matt Cooke and....wait for it...Tie Domi. That was never NHL hockey by any real fan.
Really?
Philly taking out Bobby Orrs knees.
Brashear/McSorley.
Bertuzzi/Moore.
Marchment with his low hits.
Glennie/Maloney.
Bridgeman/Salming.
The entire Broad Street Bullies.
The Big Bad Bruins.
Even the Flying Frenchmen took care of themselves.
It has always been a part of the game.
A great part of the game.
Until the no hit crowd came along.
Both fans and players.
Sad.
Hockey is so much worse now.
Super boring.

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
Um ya sorry did you even watch the video tough guy Domi jumps someone 2 on 1 then hides when another Flyer comes. Sorry but don't stand up for that clown just because he played for your team.
Yeah thats not news. He was driving them crazy. Making a investment for next game. You think this is news then maybe you don’t know that this stuff was regular from Domi and lots of scrappers.

This stuff was common in many different approaches. Fighters were the sideshow for decades. You guys don’t know the game if you think this was a isolated incident. It was common. So I don’t give a sh!t for picking spots on who to hate.

I’ll say though that i am glad staged fights are gone and that enforcers are gone. These poor guys got their brains damaged doing this stuff. What could a fighter say to the next guy when he wants to go and his head is almost exploding from the last concussion, last game, no man I can’t fight i have a terrible headache. I mean..... I’m glad its gone.

Stevens was a head shot artist so f@#$ him

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013
Looks like reffing hasn’t changed how they call games against us ha. Belanger should probably been called for three maybe 4 calls. Finally Domi won lol and they called a penalty.

I seen him do that lots of times, he was a jerk but if we get a powerplay thats the name ofbthe game sometimes

Here’s another one where the tough guy “wins” apparently.

What’s he chirping about... sandbagging or something?

Anisimovs AK

Apr 14, 2006
Columbus, OH

Domi turned down fights.

For reference Stevens was suspended twice for a total of four games in his career.

I think a lot of Stevens dirtiness is retroactively assigned. Its a much safer game and high hits are penalized more seriously and more often which kind of paints a lot of newer fans into a specific corner with older players.

Back in the day people always complained he elbowed people (which he didnt. It was always tucked in). That complaint has gradually changed to well he hit people in the head. The problem is that wasnt illegal at the time unless you charged or elbowed someone. Stevens played usually within the rules of the game AT THE TIME.

That really wasnt ever the case with Domi.

Anisimovs AK

Apr 14, 2006
Columbus, OH
Yeah thats not news. He was driving them crazy. Making a investment for next game. You think this is news then maybe you don’t know that this stuff was regular from Domi and lots of scrappers.

This stuff was common in many different approaches. Fighters were the sideshow for decades. You guys don’t know the game if you think this was a isolated incident. It was common. So I don’t give a sh!t for picking spots on who to hate.

I’ll say though that i am glad staged fights are gone and that enforcers are gone. These poor guys got their brains damaged doing this stuff. What could a fighter say to the next guy when he wants to go and his head is almost exploding from the last concussion, last game, no man I can’t fight i have a terrible headache. I mean..... I’m glad its gone.

Wow.

Jumping people already engaged and then literally hiding behind officials/a skilled european defenseman was not a REGULAR thing in that era.

Not to mention your logic seems faulty.

So if Stevens doesnt fight he is being a fake tough guy and a coward, but when Domi doesnt he is being "smart and just trying to draw penalties" and/or "making an investment for next game?"

Thats ludicrous before we even touch on the fact that Stevens was the Captain and the defensive rock for that team that played 22 plus minutes a night whereas Tie is a 3rd/4th liner.

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
Easily the most unlikable douchebag to ever play for the Leafs.
One of very very few parents ever asked to leave the Marlies org ... I only know of one other personally ... only Lucas, Tie and the Marlie maniac know what happened it that room but where there's smoke there is fire. But to scream and yell at coach who tried his best to help a bunch of 11 year olds win a playoff series certainly not someone I would want coaching my kid. That team would have been better of leaving Ellwood in charge.

82Ninety42011

Jul 2, 2011
Abbotsford BC

I remember it well as older and goading happened ya but 2 on 1 didn't. That was low. I agree with Stevens though it was legal then. Sorry on phone pain in ass to elaborate.

Reactions: Wafflewhipper

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
I remember it well as older and goading happened ya but 2 on 1 didn't. That was low. I agree with Stevens though it was legal then. Sorry on phone pain in ass to elaborate.
Third man in penalties happened lots back then too. Guys would just come in swinging if they didn’t like who a player grabbed to punch out. It was dirty as hell. Underhanded and low was common. Part of the sideshow.

I’m glad its gone. I read a article of a down and out player with brain damage ways back. I liked the fighting as much as anyone but not after that article. Forget his name now. Wasn’t nice anyways

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad