Unlimited Chequing

Christian Yellow
Jan 29, 2009
Calgary, Alberta
Shortie coming

tenor.gif

Dack

Jun 16, 2014
Also watching this game I think Hall is still an elite player, his best linemates just happen to be Clayton Keller and washed up Kessell.

Hanifin with the clutch penalty.

Reactions: Mobiandi

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
Yeah I've been on the fence about Hall. I don't think he's a very smart player but he's got elite skill and you've gotta pounce on those guys when they reach free agency

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
uhhh, was Cassie referring to Hot Line Bling with that, "there's a song the kids sing called Call me on the cellphone".

what a reference, makes no sense, is dated, is wrong, I lol'd.

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
Yeah I've been on the fence about Hall. I don't think he's a very smart player but he's got elite skill and you've gotta pounce on those guys when they reach free agency

just no fit for him at that salary without another elite player (Gaudreau/Tkachuk) losing key ice time. I have no doubt Hall's a useful piece but he doesn't take us to the next level. We need a guy like Barkov or Eichel tbqh even if it means giving up a lot. Maybe then you could re-fill those assets with Hall

anyways The Flames were horrible in that period. Hopefully they show up in the third.

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
Toronto did, and can we really say it advanced them towards where they want to go?
I think it was the right move at the time but it just so happened that every major trade/negotiation they made after that was the wrong one, making the original signing look bad in retrospect

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West
I dont think I'll ever be a Hall guy. Just too much other stuff even though it's probably not his fault.

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
Toronto did, and can we really say it advanced them towards where they want to go?

Toronto signing Tavares wasn't their mistake. Overpaying for Nylander and then giving ridiculously stupid contracts to Matthews and Marner was when everyone else in the league is making 40% less than those two greedbums. Not having any defencemen except Reilly and then continually adding offence was their mistake. Trading their depth shutdown 3rd line center for an offensive d-man when they are one of the worst defensive teams was a mistake.

If the Flames let Brodie walk, sign Hall and replace Brodie with Stone, then yes, we have gone full Toronto.

OvermanKingGainer

Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
I think it was the right move at the time but it just so happened that every major trade/negotiation they made after that was the wrong one, making the original signing look bad in retrospect

Nah, Tavares didn't really solve a team need for them and ate up a ton of cap. They had Matthews and Kadri which IMO is a better 1-2 than Matthews-Tavares because Tavares is a rich man's Monahan defensively.

I'm with Anglesmith, you need a team built right, not just the flashy names

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012

I mean, they added a 1C in every aspect. It's hard to really slam a team for ponying up for someone like that.
I agree though, it's one thing to sign Tavares, it's a completely different thing to surround him with a bunch of one-dimensional soft players, and literally one of the worst backends in all of hockey. I don't blame TO trying to get JT in the offseason, hell, I wish Calgary went out and got the guy (he didn't want to come here).

I'm fine with Hall.
There's very little certainty with Gaudreau staying past his contract in Calgary; a guy like Monahan seems to have a finite limit to his play; he'll never be a line driver.

Having two guys in Tkachuk and Hall on this team at least ensures that two lines will always have drivers on them.

Calgary can make the cap work; and I'd be for it. Unless someone like Eichel demands a trade; in which case you literally give Buffalo anything they want that isn't Matthew Tkachuk.

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
Flames need to get their shit together in the 3rd. If they keep playing like they did for most of the 2nd they're gonna lose.

OvermanKingGainer

Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
I mean, they added a 1C in every aspect. It's hard to really slam a team for ponying up for someone like that.
I agree though, it's one thing to sign Tavares, it's a completely different thing to surround him with a bunch of one-dimensional soft players, and literally one of the worst backends in all of hockey. I don't blame TO trying to get JT in the offseason, hell, I wish Calgary went out and got the guy (he didn't want to come here).

I'm fine with Hall.
There's very little certainty with Gaudreau staying past his contract in Calgary; a guy like Monahan seems to have a finite limit to his play; he'll never be a line driver.

Having two guys in Tkachuk and Hall on this team at least ensures that two lines will always have drivers on them.

Calgary can make the cap work; and I'd be for it. Unless someone like Eichel demands a trade; in which case you literally give Buffalo anything they want that isn't Matthew Tkachuk.

For Eichel, I even offer Tkachuk and figure the rest out later. Of course I'd miss him but our team dynamic would be completely revamped.

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
If we trade Gaudreau and don’t get Stutzle or Byfield or a player like Eichel, then I will be thoroughly disappointed

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad