Does Svechnikov remind anyone else of Erik Cole

Surrounded By Ahos

Las Vegas Desert Ducks Official Team Poster
Sponsor
May 24, 2008
Koko Miami
He kind of strikes me as a younger Eric Staal. I can't quite put my finger as to why, but watching him I get flashbacks to 2005/06 Eric. Maybe it's the way he shoots, I don't know.
I was thinking the same thing but wasn’t brave enough to say it. They’re both tall kinda lanky guys. They aren’t THAT fast. They have a very good but not a elite shot. They just have the ability to push guys around with their size and are smart enough to be in the right place at the right time to get the puck and make a play.

Svech is a bit more of a pest than Eric, but he really does remind me of a winger version of staal.

And that’s not even mentioning the lazy stick penalties or the fact that they were both second overall picks.

Cane mutiny

Ahoy_Aho
Sep 5, 2006
I was thinking the same thing but wasn’t brave enough to say it. They’re both tall kinda lanky guys. They aren’t THAT fast. They have a very good but not a elite shot. They just have the ability to push guys around with their size and are smart enough to be in the right place at the right time to get the puck and make a play.

Svech is a bit more of a pest than Eric, but he really does remind me of a winger version of staal.

And that’s not even mentioning the lazy stick penalties or the fact that they were both second overall picks.
Actually, when Cole was young he was a huge pest. He got his face washed so much in his rookie year, my friends and I would sit in the stand and wait for it, and die laughing. I think it was Gary Roberts (can't remember), who washed his face right down to the ice. :laugh: He didn't care_he just jumped up and skated away to pester somebody else. I loved his young years, he was so much fun.
You are correct, tho, that he was not much of a threatening pest. He was more of a funny agitation. Will always love the guy.

To Be Determined

Jun 22, 2006
Actually, when Cole was young he was a huge pest. He got his face washed so much in his rookie year, my friends and I would sit in the stand and wait for it, and die laughing. I think it was Gary Roberts (can't remember), who washed his face right down to the ice. :laugh: He didn't care_he just jumped up and skated away to pester somebody else. I loved his young years, he was so much fun.
You are correct, tho, that he was not much of a threatening pest. He was more of a funny agitation. Will always love the guy.
Erik Cole vs. Gary Roberts' sanity was the most enjoyable match-up in the 2002 ECF. To my (honestly, really inexperienced at the time) eye, he had Roberts so off his game it was hilarious. He just screwed with him sooooo much.

GIN ANTONIC

Aug 19, 2007
Toronto, ON
I like it. To me it’s somewhere near Iginla and a sniping version of Landeskog. Those guys aren’t really lightning fast either.

Yeah was trying to think of someone with a bit of size but not a truck, physical but not like a Lucic. Really good shot and goal scorer but not super elite in that respect. Could move down the ice with momentum but not Pavel Bure speed. Iggy obviously fought a lot too which I don’t think we’ll see out of Svech but Svech probably has more offensive tools with regards to flash and hands. Landeskog is a good one too but I think Svech has a higher offensive gear

Black Kevin

I don't work my ass off
Nov 19, 2019
Raleigh
Svechnikov... lemme tell y'all some 'bout that young fella. He's talented. A true warrior. Never missed a shift, never will. That slapper, oh boy. Lock him up 'cause he DANGEROUS!:biglaugh:

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
Erik Cole vs. Gary Roberts' sanity was the most enjoyable match-up in the 2002 ECF. To my (honestly, really inexperienced at the time) eye, he had Roberts so off his game it was hilarious. He just screwed with him sooooo much.

Also made a total fool out of Scott Stevens that year. He would always go after the other biggest/meanest player and gave no shits about. I guess in that way I see a little bit of Cole in Svech but still not really. Svech is smart enough to know the team needs his talent more than they need him going out there and getting his head bashed in twice a week.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad