Speculation: Does Shanahan get fired?

sxvnert

Nov 23, 2015
Shanny/Dubas/Keefe have jobs for life. Team results are secondary to their willingness to play the PR game.

Reactions: Korg

OB34KNH

Apr 11, 2019
Joe Thornton still in the line up baffles me.

What exactly does Joe Thornton do for us? He brings leadership? We can sit him in the press box and he can give wisdom after the game.

He brings ZERO offense.
Negative defense.

He's horrible.

Bench Simmonds/Thornton.

Enter Brooks and Robertson.

Mr Papagoergyo

Feb 17, 2019
Its on the players, they had 2 games to get it done didnt rise up for either game.
Cambells our MVP keep us in it.
How do you not want that game.

Reactions: 40BayStreet

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
I don't understand why do fans of this team think we can win with three 11 million dollar forwards and 50% of the cap allocated to 4 forwards.

That is not a balanced team. There is NOT a team in history that has had any playoff success with 50% of the cap allocated to 4 forwards especially with forward position.

Dubas does not have a foresight or a vision of what it takes to win in the NHL.

For allowing Dubas to completely F up the club that was on an upswing, with plenty of cap room and has become even a bigger JOKE than previously when the roster itself was bad -> Shanahan has to be FIRED!

Apex Predator

Jun 21, 2019
I don't understand why do fans of this team think we can win with three 11 million dollar forwards and 50% of the cap allocated to 4 forwards.

That is not a balanced team. There is NOT a team in history that has had any playoff success with 50% of the cap allocated to 4 forwards especially with forward position.

For allowing Dubas to completely F up the club that was on an upswing, with plenty of cap room and has become even a bigger JOKE than previously when the roster itself was bad -> Shanahan has to be FIRED!

He tried it and failed. I hope that if he stays he fixes it by trading Marner.

Reactions: 40BayStreet

blue stick

Jan 28, 2019

stop your stupid posts already. I remember seeing the Leafs win the last Stanley Cup when I was 5 yrs old. But you are a very negative poster.

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013
f*** no. Have you guys forgotten 2005-2015 was like? No way in hell.

looks a lot like 2019-2021

but no, Shanahan doesn’t get fired.

we still have a game 7.

if we lose, Dubas might. Keefe might.

Dubas would need a bold move (ie a trade of 34) to save his job.

but let’s discuss that if we lose. Still a game 7 boys and girls!

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
He tried it and failed. I hope that if he stays he fixes it by trading Marner.

that takes how many "prime years" Tavares off. And also Matthews' contract years off?

Trading Marner will not be as easy. No other GM in the League values Marner at 11 AAV for 5 years with cap not moving up anytime soon.

LastOne2100

Jan 2, 2017
Shanahan has to be fired. Throughout all the disappointment and failure, he's been the architect.

If they lose, he must be shown the door so a new architect can try and salvage this.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad