Does Rielly's new deal = New Captain???

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Rielly will be a cornerstone here but respectfully I just don't see him as a Captain. That's not a criticism in any way.

I can't see anyone other than Connor Brown being the Captain here after next year unless it comes down to a Stamkos or Mathews choice. Connor Brown is all about determination, personality, and leadership.

Stop it. Brown has played what? 7 games? He won't be captain

johnny_rudeboy

Mar 20, 2006
Karlstad
That's why I said no Captain next year but the year after - Connor Brown. Read carefully please.

Brown has had my vote since the start. Not only is it a nice story of an undersized local kid who gets drafted late, work against the odds and becomes a key player and captain of his junior team. A team he stays on for an extra year to get ready for pro-hockey and when he makes that step he is a productive player at once. Spending a couple of seasons with the Marlies to make the Leafs. Then becoming the teams captain after his first full NHL season. Can think of few other role models for the other young players better then Brown. Perhaps Komarov and his journey to the NHL. But Brown has used a path more common for prospects. CHL>AHL>NHL.

81Leafs50

May 14, 2010
Toronto
What are you - The HF Board's traffic cop????? You STOP IT!!!
This was brought up by professional analysts on TSN. It is a valid topic of conversation.

Why do posters feel they have to approve of every topic of discussion?? Don't like it... Move on!

Haha, apparently you should take another look at the poll. Most Leaf fans aren't ready to anoint him Captain at this time.

The media in this town don't know ****! Since Lou or Shanahan came to town give me one example of when these so called insiders knew anything about whats going down with the Leafs.

LOL their faces are hilarious when news breaks and they have to react to it. I die! LMAO:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

These guys know what the GM's/Scouts/Agents tell them.

Just remember the media in this town also wrote an article about Cody Franson being the next captain in Toronto. LMAO oh my god I'm dying laughing again :laugh::laugh:

LINK 1 - TheStar
LINK 2 - National Post

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
That's why I said no Captain next year but the year after - Connor Brown. Read carefully please.

While I love brown and what he brings, he will not be ready to be a captain before mo. Lou stated that mo has all the parts to be a very good captain but he still needs to focus on being a complete nhl player.
Lou sounds like a captain will need all the leadership skills plus being an established nhl player.
Brown will not be established as a player after only 1 or 2 years in the nhl.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad