Speculation: Does Nick Robertson make the roster for return to play?

fahad203

Oct 3, 2009
Engvall has done nothing to earn a spot. Last 15 games he has looked like an AHLer

I would prefer GOAT be out of the lineup. He has been given every opportunity

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
Engvall has done nothing to earn a spot. Last 15 games he has looked like an AHLer

I would prefer GOAT be out of the lineup. He has been given every opportunity
What Engval are we going to get? First 3 weeks Engval or last 15 games Engval?????????????????????????? Da guy has split personality maybe or he got his contract and stopped playing hard I don't know

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
He competes and wins puck battles, that's the most encouraging thing for me, having the puck on your stick solves a lot of problems and makes him easier to insert into the lineup
Yup but if he couldn't process fast enough I think he would be chasing the puck too much.
Kid looks like he will be a good player if he continues to develop the way hes going

Reactions: Kiwi

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
Yup but if he couldn't process fast enough I think he would be chasing the puck too much.
Kid looks like he will be a good player if he continues to develop the way hes going

He lacks a bit of acceleration off the mark but he looks pretty good once he gets a bit of momentum going, I think that will come with a bit of muscular development though

Reactions: saltming

Tmart335

Aug 19, 2018
What Engval are we going to get? First 3 weeks Engval or last 15 games Engval?????????????????????????? Da guy has split personality maybe or he got his contract and stopped playing hard I don't know

I think it might be called being a rookie in the best league in the world. NHL is a different grind .

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
I think it might be called being a rookie in the best league in the world. NHL is a different grind .
Could be but generally happens to NHL forwards in sophmore year not 1 day after his contract gets signed ... his play after his contract signing was completely different 1 game to next ... he took his foot off da gas and it has cost him his spot in game 1 ... but it will be a good learning experience for him

supermann_98

May 8, 2002
Visit site
Which is ok in my opinion as at this point AJ should be an upgrade
on Robertson and we don’t have to burn a year of his ELC..till then though I love to see the kid in there!
Agreed on both points. Despite being the shiny new toy Johnsson has proven more than Robertson at this point and burning the year on the ELC is a big factor if it can be avoided

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
Agreed on both points. Despite being the shiny new toy Johnsson has proven more than Robertson at this point and burning the year on the ELC is a big factor if it can be avoided
I am not sure how much of Kerfoots improved play is on Robertson but there is no denying da fit was incredible to watch ... lets hope AJ is ready for round 2 and we have more options for our lineup

meefer

Jun 9, 2015
Bangkok
I fully expect Nick will be dressed for the opening game. How he performs will be the determining factor moving forward from there. I suspect his ability to deal with the physical challenges thrown at him will be his greatest challenge. Robertson provides a needed element for the Kerfoot line, they are more dangerous with him than Engvall. However, if Columbus is able to physically intimidate/nuetralize his contributions, and are able to instigate a cycle in the Leafs zone during our 3rd line's time on ice because NR isn't capable of competing against stronger opponents, Engvall will be re-inserted. I anticipate Nick will succeed, at least until Johnsson is able to return full time, which looks like a promising potential per another thread.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Robertson certainly earned himself game 1 against Columbus. I prefer Engvall over Gauthier as he is simply the better player, but as long as Keefe limits his time, I'm fine with it.

Reactions: Nylander88

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
I am not sure how much of Kerfoots improved play is on Robertson but there is no denying da fit was incredible to watch ... lets hope AJ is ready for round 2 and we have more options for our lineup
I wonder how much kerfoot improvement is to do with his face actually having time to heal vs Robertson's insertion to the line.
Kerfoot was looking good until he got clobbered and was not the same after.
Time to heal without constantly being hit and pounded on the ice is a huge factor

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad