OT: Does it bother you that Rogers/Bell own the Leafs?

Woodman19

Jun 14, 2008
If anyone can prove there is meddling then I would be happy to see it.

Remember that belief isn't proof.

tp71

Enjoy every sandwich
Feb 10, 2009
London
Who owns the Leafs doesn't bother me. It shouldn't bother you. None of you should give two royal sh*ts who owns the Leafs

What should bother you though, is if/when the owners start meddling into hockey affairs that they have no business getting involved in.

And that's what's worrying/bothering me the most.

Mike1

Jul 29, 2002
Mississauga,Ontario
Visit site
Who owns the Leafs doesn't bother me. It shouldn't bother you. None of you should give two royal sh*ts who owns the Leafs

Why not? Some of the jokers we have had at the ownership level is one of the biggest reasons this franchise has been in the dumper for as long as it has. You should care about who owns the team & whether or not they are running the team well because ownership is a big factor in the product you watch.

Does it bother me that the people that own the team, also own the media companies that report on it? It does & I think it's a big reason why fans should take what these journalists say with a grain of salt. They're employees at the end of the day.

Vexed

Magic Marner
Feb 4, 2011
Barrie
Why not? Some of the jokers we have had at the ownership level is one of the biggest reasons this franchise has been in the dumper for as long as it has. You should care about who owns the team & whether or not they are running the team well because ownership is a big factor in the product you watch.

Does it bother me that the people that own the team, also own the media companies that report on it? It does & I think it's a big reason why fans should take what these journalists say with a grain of salt. They're employees at the end of the day.

The ownership change does not change my opinion of the reporters who have earned my trust over the years. It is right to be mindful though. Rogers media, for example, has been the most critical while bell media has been more reserved. Bell media has always been more reserved though so I don't really see any change yet.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad