Speculation: Does Green last the season?

MikeK

Nov 10, 2008
Earth
would you hire alain vignault for a second stint with this team.. or find somebody else?

At least coach V is an NHL level coach. I am sick and tired of this team hiring projects to coach the big club. At every chance this team has been outcoached for the past 5 years. I really don't care who is the next coach as long as it isn't another minor league project hire. Get an NHL level coach.

Dab

Apr 17, 2017
At least coach V is an NHL level coach. I am sick and tired of this team hiring projects to coach the big club. At every chance this team has been outcoached for the past 5 years. I really don't care who is the next coach as long as it isn't another minor league project hire. Get an NHL level coach.
I’ll bet Green lands somewhere in an organization and has another crack at the big job. This team is such trash, combined with lame duck status- it can’t be blamed on Green and I’m sure most outsiders also see it that way.

MikeK

Nov 10, 2008
Earth
I’ll bet Green lands somewhere in an organization and has another crack at the big job. This team is such trash, combined with lame duck status- it can’t be blamed on Green and I’m sure most outsiders also see it that way.

Of course he will. And he may very well end up a great coach in the end. My point was that for over 5 years now we've hired coaches who either have no business being an NHL head coach or have no experience at this level and are rag dolled by every other head coach they go up against.

I'm not saying it will cure all the issues, but having a legitimate NHL coach would go a long way to mitigating some of the current issues we have,

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Listening to Green on the post-game Zoom press conference, on thing that struck me was how 'matter-of-fact' the guy is about why his goaltenders are forced to make 10-bell saves night after night.

But listening to Green, he repeats the same old tired mantra that "most of the shots were from outside and besides, stopping the puck is what goalies are supposed to do".

Let's call a spade a spade. Demko was flat out brilliant at times last night, and he had to be. This team consistently bleeds high quality chances and shots on goal...and nothing has changed for most of the three years Green has coached here.

I beginning to think that maybe this coach just takes it for granted that his goalies are going to be able to do the 'Cirque du Soleil' routine night after night, and that this is somehow 'normal'.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad