Speculation: Does Green last the season?

Orca Smash

Feb 9, 2012
All teams forecheck hard on free pucks. Watch us. We have two guys (sometimes three) deep when the opponent D has puck on stick, and head up control. It’s a juvenile approach. Yes there will be the odd turnover (there are D like Gudbranson in the league) but in most cases we get trapped, and it causes a cascading series of events that lead to high quality scoring chances (against) off the rush. No NHL teams forecheck like us. And they don’t, because it’s a certain recipe for failure. They trap, because the 1-2-2 has worked in hockey since we went to 5 skaters from 6.

Do all teams forecheck hard on free pucks? I mean we dont....Again I am not talking about when the opponent has the puck, I am talking about when the puck is dumped into the offensive zone. We often send one forechecker in all alone out numbered and have trouble sustaining any offensive zone pressure as the opposing team wins the puck battle and it goes back the other way.

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
I was surprised they fired him.
Considering how bad Van been 5v5
Montreal is actually really good 5v5

price is Really bad and it showed last night on that Tkachuk goal

Izzy Goodenough

Oct 11, 2020
In case anyone is still wondering, finishing at the bottom of the league is part of Ownership's grand plan to win a championship.

Greener is just playing his part.

canuckfan75

Jan 14, 2014
The Molson Family has not promblems with $$$ Beer sales have been going thru the roof during the Pandemic

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Montreal going to get Gallant. Canucks too slow to the draw.... again.
For Gallant, he did work with Bergevin in Montreal. So there is a connection.

Only question for Gallant is whether he feels that Bergevin is safe enough in Montreal for him to be there for a while assuming Gallant gets a 5 year contract.

Reactions: geebaan

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
The situation in Montreal and Vancouver couldn't be more different.....The Habs were built (expensively) in the off-season to make the playoffs.

The Canucks, on the other hand, were strip mining their roster and battening down the hatches for what looked like a long season from the get-go. It seems only the hardcore faithful and kool aid fringe, ever had any hope for this season.

So if the coach walks the plank in VanCity, it'll be part of a general housecleaning this off-season. No point in hiring a new coach if you're also intending to punt the GM. You can only pray that this is the only reason Aquilini is sticking with Green for the moment.

Reactions: Pastor Of Muppetz

Izzy Goodenough

Oct 11, 2020
When you don't have the talent you have to beat them with a better coaching effort.

If Greener can concentrate on coaching for the full 60 minutes tonight the Nucks have a chance.

These 40 minute efforts won't do it.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Nashville needs to decide if they want Poile to relenquish the GM role to someone else who can then decide on the next coach. That's the thing with coaching changes. What is the job security of the GM. Can't go with a anyone but an interim guy unless the GM is secure.

Reactions: Luckylarry

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
Nashville needs to decide if they want Poile to relenquish the GM role to someone else who can then decide on the next coach. That's the thing with coaching changes. What is the job security of the GM. Can't go with a anyone but an interim guy unless the GM is secure.

And Green doesn't have an associate coach who can take over or we want to take over in the interim. Newell Brown hasn't held a head coaching position since the 1990s. Even Doug Jarvis and Stan Smyl have more recent head coaching experience. Trent Cull would need to quarantine.

Izzy Goodenough

Oct 11, 2020
Hopefully the new coach has some jurisdiction and mastery of the alphabet outside the letters X and O...

Probably an external hire then.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Agreed. New President first. Then he hires the GM. Then Green’s fate is determined. There is always the Aquilini factor to consider though.

I am toxic

. . . even in small doses
Oct 24, 2014
Vancouver
I guess we sorta ran out of time

DevotedOldfashionedArrowworm-size_restricted.gif

5d810c63a16fc350713562.gif

Reactions: LordBacon and F A N

Canucks1096

Feb 13, 2016
Geeen should be fired but I don't he will. Don't think FA wants to pay for two different coaches since FA has a lot of restaurant/hotel business that are probably losing money right now.

Still have no idea where did the mythe come from that Green was good at developing young players. Green was the wrong guy for the job since day 1. Never been a fan of Green.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad