Olympics: Does Claude Giroux still make Canadian Olympic team?

embee

Apr 29, 2011
No, he shouldn't. There are so many other players who aren't playing like crap this season that would do just fine on the team.

snizzbone*

if healthy, i have a feeling canada is gonna absolutely dominate these olympics

It's extremely hard to dominate in hockey, especially in single elimination playoffs. Canada in a 7 game final should win the majority of the time. But anything can happen in single elimination.

Boruto

Jun 27, 2011
you are all nuts, do any of you realize how insanely talented he is and how much he gets it done in big situations? leaving him off the team for someone like duchene is asking to get pounded.

Mrs.Giroux?

"Someone like Duchene"? Give him as many injury free seasons as giroux, he has every potential to prove to be a better player than Giroux.

There's something about your tone that makes you sound like a mad man whose in a fight against the rest of the world to prove that we're all going to be attacked by a mutant ant army.

MsMeow

Nov 4, 2005
I think he's played himself off the team and others have played themselves on it.

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012
you are all nuts, do any of you realize how insanely talented he is and how much he gets it done in big situations? leaving him off the team for someone like duchene is asking to get pounded.

It's not April 2012 anymore. He hasn't done jack since then.

kihei

McEnroe: The older I get, the better I used to be.
Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
He needs to earn the spot. He obviously hasn't done that so far.

canadianguy77

Apr 20, 2006
Nope...don't want him on the team either. Most overrated player in the game. Scott Gomez 2.0.

StringerBell

if healthy, i have a feeling canada is gonna absolutely dominate these olympics

Too many good teams for one to really dominate. Sweden, USA and Russia should be really tough.

KA BLAMO

Aug 18, 2008
Unless he catches on fire very soon, he's not making the team. Too many guys are outplaying him.

jgoud*

Duchene didn't take his place, he already had a place. He's just moved up to the top 6:

Duchene - Crosby - Nash
Stamkos - Toews - St. Louis
Couture - Tavares - Getzlaf
Lucic - Bergeron - Benn

Carter/Staal/Kane(although I know he won't make it)

Keith - Weber
Pietrangelo - Doughty
Vlasic – Subban

Hamhuis-Letang

Price
Luongo
Crawford

maxmn

Feb 16, 2013
It would be awfully hard to justify him on that team. He was less then stellar last year, obviously still in a slump, and the Canadiens are wicked deep down the center. With the amount of stronger bigger players They have at their feet, why take a small, underachiever??

That "best player" joke heard around the world must have snake bit him. Or was it the bizarre story that Crosby broke his wrists?????? That was messed up, did he think nobody went back and checked? Strange behavior to make that up. Last year was not that great, and this year is nuts. I want to feel bad for the guy but can't.

It's as if he checked Sidney, both fell down, he scores a goal....try is gone. Like that was a career. And sadly, many keep bringing that up, polishing the "greatest player" ego.

But, as an American...bring him!

Coily

Gettin' Jiggy with it
Oct 8, 2008
Redlands
Duchene didn't take his place, he already had a place. He's just moved up to the top 6:

Duchene - Crosby - Nash
Stamkos - Toews - St. Louis
Couture - Tavares - Getzlaf
Lucic - Bergeron - Benn

Carter/Staal/Kane(although I know he won't make it)

Keith - Weber
Pietrangelo - Doughty
Vlasic – Subban

Hamhuis-Letang

Price
Luongo
Crawford
Is Rick Nash even ready to play?

Igy

Mar 3, 2011
he's obviously doing this on purpose so he doesn't have to waste his time on a little tournament and focus on the playoffs

Unless he is also planning on being traded, that isn't going to happen.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Not a chance. If things weren't bad enough with the way he handled camp orientation with Team Canada when he could've gone but didn't, his disgustingly bad play has ensured that he won't even get a sniff when it comes to a roster spot

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad