Olympics: Does Claude Giroux still make Canadian Olympic team?

Nalens Oga

Jan 5, 2010
Canada
He should still make it if healthy imo and play improves slightly but if they pick him at the cost of a guy like Duchene and Couture then I'd be po'd. I wouldn't be that mad if Giroux doesn't make it in favour of a veteran like Rick Nash since Canada already has plenty of centres like Getzlaf, Tavares, Crosby, Toews, Duchene, Couture, etc but not as much depth at natural wingers.

Namikaze Minato

Apr 30, 2009
Beautiful B.C.
I would say hes certainly in danger of playing himself off of the team, especially when you watch a guy like Thornton, who is a veteran Canadian olympian, is playing so well but by all accounts was not thought to make the team this season.

Hes certainly got to step up his play.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
I don't think so if this keeps up and that is the tricky part about being Canadian in terms of looking at this. The Canadian players standard of play leading into the tournament is more important than other nations, just so many options.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
He better pick it up in a hurry if he wants to be there. Duchene and Benn are two guys who are coming on strong.

TheStroker

Jun 13, 2012
USA
The goalless captain of one of the worst teams in the league? No thanks, Canada needs winners.

pahlsson

Mar 22, 2012
he's obviously doing this on purpose so he doesn't have to waste his time on a little tournament and focus on the playoffs

thekernel

Apr 11, 2011
you are all nuts, do any of you realize how insanely talented he is and how much he gets it done in big situations? leaving him off the team for someone like duchene is asking to get pounded.

King King

Two Joes, No Cups
Aug 7, 2011
Seattle
He's gotta be pretty far down the list of centers Canada would want at this point.

You have to base it on how the players are performing now, not in the past. Otherwise they'll end up with another 2006-style stinker.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad