Does Barzal deserve a suspension? (Update: fined $5k)

J T Money

Biggest Bozo
Jan 21, 2016
What he did to the Ref is more worthy of a suspension than crosschecking Ruuta in the face.

Flat Ronnie

Feb 11, 2014
Regardless of suspension, can we all agree that this was as dumb-shit as it gets?

Completely ridiculous and unnecessary play. Dude has to play and play well in the next game (or two) for his team to have a chance at winning this series. And you attack a scrub? Total moron shit.

Reminds me of Kucherov's awful suspension from 2 years ago. Should get a game on principle for being a complete idiot.

Last edited:
Reactions: Summer Rose

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
What he did to the Ref is more worthy of a suspension than crosschecking Ruuta in the face.

try to pull away from him because Hedman was coming after him. Lol watch the video. He didn’t hit the ref. He tried to get loose. Happens a few times a game in scrums.

J T Money

Biggest Bozo
Jan 21, 2016
try to pull away from him because Hedman was coming after him. Lol watch the video. He didn’t hit the ref. He tried to get loose. Happens a few times a game in scrums.

He tomahawk chopped the Ref’s arm. Even the NBC announcers pointed that out.

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
That was a crosscheck to the face every bit as bad as Kadri did 3 playoffs ago on Debrusk and then he wrestled with the linesman that grabbed him. Let's see what the league does. Guessing nothing.

Doesn't a game misconduct automatically carry a one game suspension? Asking because I'm not really sure.

Fataldogg

Mar 22, 2007
I don't get the desire to suspend Barzal.

If you watch Vegas and Montreal that is happening every game. Perry got slashed in the face, puddles of blood and nothing was called. Players boarded, hit in the head, etc.

This looked very tame compared to what I've been seeing between Vegas and Montreal.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Cooper said he’ll give an update after morning skate tomorrow.
Thanks. If the Lighting lose him that is 2 potential top 4 out. Kind of BS for them to lose another D man and Barzal to get nothing. Right or wrong injury should be taken into account in this situation.

Rehabguy

Always open minded
Oct 2, 2011
Ruutu should get suspended for that acting job. We all thought the Isles were going to lose game 5, but the good thing about this is it will wake up Barzal and you don't want to play against a pissed off Barzal! Looking forward to games 6 and 7!

Tampa doesn't need to cheat the system any more than they already have. Just play the damn game!

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
Thanks. If the Lighting lose him that is 2 potential top 4 out. Kind of BS for them to lose another D man and Barzal to get nothing. Right or wrong injury should be taken into account in this situation.
I agree. Potentially losing Cernak hurts a lot more though.

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
Did they end up saying if he was concussed? I dont remember hearing anything on the broadcast
I don’t think they would disclose that at this point - even if they knew. We never get a lot of info on injuries in Tampa (“Stamkos DTD” anyone?) and especially not during the playoffs.

Flat Ronnie

Feb 11, 2014
Ruutu should get suspended for that acting job. We all thought the Isles were going to lose game 5, but the good thing about this is it will wake up Barzal and you don't want to play against a pissed off Barzal! Looking forward to games 6 and 7!

Tampa doesn't need to cheat the system any more than they already have. Just play the damn game!
Lol

tumblr_inline_nyc01tz3Db1syov0a_500.gifv

Reactions: Filthy Dangles

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2