Does Anyone Else Fear Silfverberg Will Become Our Kadri?

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
I think it will take him a little time to get comfortable & time to find the right line mates to play with him. It could be that he would be better on the 2nd line with Turris & Alfie. He may not be scoring at the r\ate that some have been expecting but he still plays a very good two way game. Personally, I still think he will be a great player.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Silf will be a two way forward with offencive upside. He'll put in 30 goal seasons but he's also going to be bailing us out with blocked shots, hustling back to break up a 2 on 1, and getting the puck after Spetsa turns it over. He's the type of guy that does the little things you need to win hockey games.

I need you to back away slowly and remove your mask,

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
I think it will take him a little time to get comfortable & time to find the rigth line mates to play with him. It could be that he would be better on the 2nd line with Turris & Alfie. He may not be scoring at the r\ate that some have been expecting but he still plays a very good two way game. Personally, I still think he will be a great player.

I thought he looked so good with Turris tonight that I'd keep him on that RW and let Alfie go back up with Spezza.

CanadianHockey

Smith - Alfie
Jul 3, 2009
Petawawa
twitter.com
Alfredsson lite is the way I would've described his potential, and I think he's on pace to be an Alfie lite. Smart, two-way 2nd liner. I don't think he will get the Kadri treatment if he gets sent down. He doesn't carry the same hype, the draft position, and he's got the defensive prowess to be a good middle-sixer in the NHL. On top of that, he's not a North American player (so he, unlike Kadri, was expected to take time to adjust to N.A.), and he's not got any conditioning problems (Kadri was pounced on by the Toronto media for this). On top of that, we're a much smaller market, and the Sun seems to be taken with a grain of salt by the players here.

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
Alfredsson lite is the way I would've described his potential, and I think he's on pace to be an Alfie lite. Smart, two-way 2nd liner. I don't think he will get the Kadri treatment if he gets sent down. He doesn't carry the same hype, the draft position, and he's got the defensive prowess to be a good middle-sixer in the NHL. On top of that, he's not a North American player (so he, unlike Kadri, was expected to take time to adjust to N.A.), and he's not got any conditioning problems (Kadri was pounced on by the Toronto media for this). On top of that, we're a much smaller market, and the Sun seems to be taken with a grain of salt by the players here.
Thank you for posting my thoughts for me. :nod:

I thought today was the best he's played so far. He did remind me of Alfie at times today, and that's why I think he's a good fit on the 2nd line with Turris.

18Hossa

And Grace, Too
Oct 12, 2012
I wish I had more hands to palm my face with.

How's this?

epic-facepalm.jpg

Nov 16, 2007
in your head
It would be really hard jumping on a line with Spezza as a rookie. You're trying to learn the game already and then trying to play with someone as unpredictable as Spezza would be difficult. Once he gets more used to the NHL speed he'll be more ready to play with Spez I think. Until then I agree with the others who said he should play with Turris on L2 and launch Alfie up to the top line.

FireMelnyk

Jun 3, 2006
He should be on the 2nd line until he improves his skating a bit. Right now he's having problems separating himself from his defenders, and needs a year or two to work on his quickness.

Although Greening isn't nearly as skilled, he has the speed to work with Spezza.

Iamok

Oct 20, 2010
Well if some fans are going to be tossing words like "future all-star," then maybe there's some relation. But anyone with moderately realistic expectations should be pretty satisfied with his play thus far.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Silfverberg doesn't have 10 points yet? Send him down. He's a bust worse than Zibanejad.

trobby

Aug 23, 2007
Ottawa
His 1st ever professional game, he played 2-way hockey. And did it with ease.
This kid just get it.

No comparison.

I think Kadri is going to be a good NHLer, but the reason he never stuck around was his unwillingness to play two-way hockey. It happens to a lot of young players. It took Spezza years to figure it out. They only want the glory at the beginning...

playasRus

Mar 21, 2009
His 1st ever professional game, he played 2-way hockey. And did it with ease.
This kid just get it.

No comparison.

I think Kadri is going to be a good NHLer, but the reason he never stuck around was his unwillingness to play two-way hockey. It happens to a lot of young players. It took Spezza years to figure it out. They only want the glory at the beginning...

Kadri's also younger which is why he was bounced up and down. He wasn't developed yet. He's only starting to stick now because he's finally maturing a bit as a player.

Silf has the benifit of maturing overseas, so we didn't have to watch him bounce up and down from the AHL. And he got a half season to acclimatize a bit thanks to the lock out.

Buckleys

Jul 21, 2006
Silfverberg has been great with and without the puck.

I dont get this thread.

I think he has been tremendous. Play away from the puck is great, he has all of the tools you just can't teach, and is young. Sky is the limit for this guy in my opinion.

Novak Djokovic

#24 and counting... #GOAT
Dec 10, 2006
I actually like the way he's playing. He's sound defensively, and that is very important for a young forward.

He's shown that he has the shot, and the ability to score in the AHL... it will just take him time to translate that to NHL. Remember his first 10 games in the AHL?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad