Do you think NHLers use HFboards

CanadianPantherFan

Cats are Here!
Jun 6, 2004
Calgary
For Bobby Mac to post on here shows this website has some value/comedy value/intangibles to it. He does not even invite his own co-workers to his cabin in the summer. For him to put time here tells you something.

People are giving hockey players too much credit. We are not dealing with world scholars who in their spare time learn new languages, drink tea with pinky finger raised and take manners classes. They take naps, drink beer and yes, some do fart. I could easily see odd guys here or there reading hf boards before they take a nap or after a really good individual game.

Lu would definitely be a candidate to post/read the forums. He plays fantasy sports with strangers on Internet and posts about them signing up.

Old GMs obviously not. Old school. Under 40 crowd for most part.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
I'm sure they have better things to do as pro's but I assure you most who played junior hockey in Canada did as kids. This is the go to place to see how everyone feels about you on your road to junior hockey. Even when your coaches and agents tell you not to it's tough to stay away from this place as a 16 year old who wants to know what everyone thinks about you.
Idk seems like when they're traveling they're mostly playing video games. Some Western teams are travelling like 40,000-50,000 miles a year and that's not including downtime in hotels and whatnot.

Last edited:

Hagged

Jul 6, 2009
The only really puzzling thing in this thread are the people seriously claiming the picture of Kessel reading HFboards is a fake, when it is a widely accepted fact among the professional scouting community. Especially after Kessel sold his signed AƧU-Jersey in E-bay after noticing he bought a fake.

Limekiller

May 16, 2010
SF Bay Area
Kevin Kurz, the local Comcast Sportsnet deep, deep, DEEP "insider" for the Sharks has an account here and has posted on occasion, though very infrequently. (Some of that is no doubt due to the generally prevailing opinion of him on the Sharks board, which is, uh, negative.)

I am sure plenty of players do at least lurk here, since despite being pro athletes they generally have the same sort of interests as anyone else. For example, Curt Schilling was a huge fan of playing Everquest back when that was the latest hotness.

Booster*

Jan 10, 2016
Yes some do; retired and active players as well as members of the media.

i dont belive you :)
Where´s your proof?

Wouldn´t surprise my if a few B grade prospects hype themselves to create a name for themselves.

Like this Patrick Liane guy.. ;)

BTW I´d bet there is at least 1 NHL player who posted in this thread who couldn´t resist the temptation.

liquid1988

Oct 14, 2013
Exit 88 GSPW
It would be stupid to not assume players who are under 25 don't check internet forums to see what people think about them. FFS, almost everyone in the Western world is attached at the face with their smart phone screens.

Hyack57

Aug 6, 2004
Airdrie, AB
I'm legitimately Tyler Kennedy.

Which isn't a stretch of the imagination for a person to share the exact name of an NHLer. There is more than likely one or more families of McDavid's who at one time or another named their son Connor. So you could legitimately be Tyler Kennedy on your drivers or passport but I'd wager not the NHLer.

Chairman Maouth

Retired Staff
Apr 29, 2009
Comox Valley
Where´s your proof?

Wouldn´t surprise my if a few B grade prospects hype themselves to create a name for themselves.

BTW I´d bet there is at least 1 NHL player who posted in this thread who couldn´t resist the temptation.
I have vetted some and confirmed their identities to a certainty. Some of them would surprise you.

As for proof, I cannot provide that without breaking confidence. So, not a hope in hell there.

Jigger77

Dec 21, 2007
Montreal
Where´s your proof?

I was thinking the same thing. Kind of obvious which posts too if you ask me.

Rufus

Letangarang
May 27, 2014
Considering the trade boards are about 95% garbage these days, I would imagine some NHLers come on here for a laugh

heilongjetsfan

Jul 4, 2011
If I was an agent, this place and other forums would be near the top of my "do not read" list for clients. Way too much hyperbole going both ways.

You'd be a better agent than Kurt Overhardt and Allan Walsh just for this comment alone. You should go get a law degree, stat!

stuffradio

Oct 3, 2012
Vancouver
I know at least some NHLer brothers or sisters do. I would advise any NHLer to stay away from here though. Stay far far away.

Laineux

Aug 1, 2011
I'd like to personally apologize to any NHL player that I've been too harsh on here. I didn't mean to hurt your feelings.

Anton Babchuk

Nov 3, 2005
Raleigh-Durham
twitter.com
Ryan Gunderson (currently playing in the SHL, played last two seasons in the KHL) posted here when he was in the ECHL. Don't remember his username but he was a Flyers fan who had an avatar of a photoshopped Crosby crying.

BIG GIFS

Apr 29, 2004
I guess they did in the past, but /r/hockey is a lot more popular nowadays. There has been a lot of AMA with hockey personality, even a team like the Florida Panthers has an official account.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
Considering the trade boards are about 95% garbage these days, I would imagine some NHLers come on here for a laugh

Has it ever been anything other than 95% garbage? I've been lurking and posting here for the past 5 years and the trade board has always been 95% garbage.

leafsfan2point0

Jun 8, 2011
I think the young guys probably visit these sites because they are insecure and want to see fans pumping them up. Once they've been in the league a while and have families they could care less what the fans think of them. Family and friends are forever. Fans are like the people that pretend to be your friend but only if it benefits them.

Haha so true

Rufus

Letangarang
May 27, 2014
Has it ever been anything other than 95% garbage? I've been lurking and posting here for the past 5 years and the trade board has always been 95% garbage.

Now that I think about it, you are right. Every once in awhile, I find a sane trade proposal, but I've realized those aren't any fun :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad