Do you think NHLers use HFboards

Leafidelity

Best Sport/Worst League
Apr 6, 2008
Downtown Canada
If I was an agent, this place and other forums would be near the top of my "do not read" list for clients. Way too much hyperbole going both ways.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
I'm sure they have better things to do as pro's but I assure you most who played junior hockey in Canada did as kids. This is the go to place to see how everyone feels about you on your road to junior hockey. Even when your coaches and agents tell you not to it's tough to stay away from this place as a 16 year old who wants to know what everyone thinks about you.

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa
If I were a pro I would take the lions don't lose sleep over the opinion of sheep motto and avoid places like this....that said some do.....a photo a few years back showed Dubinsky I believe logged on surfing around.

DJJones

Nov 18, 2014
Calgary
I hope they don't and I have to imagine that all the coaches tell their players to stay the hell away from places like this.

Telos

In Gavrikov We Must Trust
Aug 16, 2008
Reno, NV
I would be shocked if more than 10 people involved with the sport visit this site per year. They have internal sources of information that are 100 times better than anything on here. When your job is on the line I am sure you would ignore pseudo information that gets thrown here. Can't say it is all that good for public image as well. Would anybody really care if 14 random people on HFBoards likes them or not? Doesn't prove anything other than mess with your head over nothing.

BatVader

"nothing is true; everything is permitted"
May 16, 2015
Imperial Gotham
If I was an NHLer I'd be on here all the time starting rumors about myself being traded just to screw with everyone.
Wouldn't it be hilarious if half those Stamkos to TO posts were by Stamkos, just to screw with Leafs fans.

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
Message boards are on their way out with Facebook/Twitter/Reddit/everything else making them redundant for most people. If you're a consistent post on HF, you are more than likely a diehard hockey fan or just an older fan who signed up here in 2003 when message boards were still the only place to engage in discussion about a hobby.

Still, HFboards has a high google ranking, I wouldn't be surprised if some more curious players lurk and read the board and read places like Reddit in the same way some minor celebrities read up on the **** people write about them. Whether they take it seriously might be a different story.

Not all players would be "super fans" of hockey if they weren't good enough to have a pro career. But of the ones that would be, I wouldn't be surprised if some lurk here. Not a player, but Bob McKenzie used to post here.

Aladyyn

they praying for the death of a rockstar
Apr 6, 2015
Czech Republic
Message boards are on their way out with Facebook/Twitter/Reddit/everything else making them redundant for most people. If you're a consistent post on HF, you are more than likely a diehard hockey fan or just an older fan who signed up here in 2003 when message boards were still the only place to engage in discussion about a hobby.

Still, HFboards has a high google ranking, I wouldn't be surprised if some more curious players lurk and read the board and read places like Reddit in the same way some minor celebrities read up on the **** people write about them. Whether they take it seriously might be a different story.

Not all players would be "super fans" of hockey if they weren't good enough to have a pro career. But of the ones that would be, I wouldn't be surprised if some lurk here. Not a player, but Bob McKenzie used to post here.

None of these things are nearly as good as old fashioned forums when it comes to discussion

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
well we know Phil does

P1xa_PMv.jpg

Reactions: AndersonCondo

Siludin

Dec 9, 2010
If I was an agent, this place and other forums would be near the top of my "do not read" list for clients. Way too much hyperbole going both ways.

If you are an agent, however, you need to have a pulse on player values. This would be an invaluable tool.

If I were a player, I would ignore all media.

Jyrki Lumme

Generational User
Mar 5, 2014
If they want to laugh at some people who think they know **** about their sport, then yeah.

Siludin

Dec 9, 2010
I would be shocked if more than 10 people involved with the sport visit this site per year. They have internal sources of information that are 100 times better than anything on here. When your job is on the line I am sure you would ignore pseudo information that gets thrown here. Can't say it is all that good for public image as well. Would anybody really care if 14 random people on HFBoards likes them or not? Doesn't prove anything other than mess with your head over nothing.

It's a good place to leak potential trades to see how fans would react.

It's also a good place to see which of your potential trades are getting leaked by internal sources.

qwerty

Feb 4, 2007
Calgary
Personally, If I was in the NHL and a good player, I would be reading up HFBoards for sure. But on the other hand, if I was a terrible NHLer who made a lot of mistakes. I would avoid HFBoards like the plague. Or if I had just scored a highlight real goal or a hat trick I'd probably browse HFBoards too just to fill my own ego.

So yes, ultimately I do believe some NHLers read through HFBoards. NHLers are still people at the end of the day just like you or me. Some crave validation while others don't.

Laveuglette

Le meilleur receveur de passes de tous les temps
Apr 5, 2011
Quebec
Yes, when they are bored. It's just too easy for them to not do it. I mean, just lurk from time to time. Some might actually be posters on here, but they obviously wouldn't tell. Who knows. And for the younger ones, some might have been drafted while they were already hfboards members.

FrozenJagrt

Dec 16, 2009
If they want to laugh at some people who think they know **** about their sport, then yeah.

There are plenty of posters on here who know the game as well as anyone in the league or the media. They just tend to stay away from the more popular sections of the site because they're a mess. And Bobby Mack is registered here and has posted a few times.

qwerty

Feb 4, 2007
Calgary
There are plenty of posters on here who know the game as well as anyone in the league or the media. They just tend to stay away from the more popular sections of the site because they're a mess. And Bobby Mack is registered here and has posted a few times.

He called us 'Assclowns' if I remember correctly

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad