Do you think NHLers use HFboards

Semantics

PUBLIC ENEMY #1
Jan 3, 2007
San Francisco
oh yeah, guys making millions are going to take time out of their day to come on this site and see what the everyday, overweight and balding, 9 to 5 joe has to say

This may be a shock to you, but millionaires are human too. They browse forums and social media, they go to naughty websites, they play video games online.

Of course, most players stay away from here, since their lives are already consumed enough by hockey. But they definitely know about it.

toomuchsauce

Jan 7, 2015
This may be a shock to you, but millionaires are human too. They browse forums and social media, they go to naughty websites, they play video games online.

Of course, most players stay away from here, since their lives are already consumed enough by hockey. But they definitely know about it.

Guys are on Twitter, where the stats bros declare you human garbage if your corsi rel is bad. By comparison, this website is not as awful and guys probably check it out from time to time.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
tumblr_l1nwgrJ5PV1qbvqb6o1_500.jpg

Also Rob Zepp had an account on here

I remember this. Dubinsky is reading about how I think he's awful. True story.

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
I met Victor Olofsson on an online game a couple of years back. At least, I'm quite sure it was him - all of his answers made sense and who would pretend to be an obscure Sabres prospect? He told me that players on his team were told to stay away from forums like these.

He also stole a large amount of virtual cash from me, but hey what are you gonna do...

mitchmagic

Apr 25, 2006
Montreal, Qc
www.typeonefilms.com
I think a lot of people put players, famous people, and rich people on a pedestal -- like they don't use the internet like the rest of the world. They do. They're human. They sit online for hours just like us. They have down time.

Maybe they have different ways of coping with what people say or what they see online, since often people at a certain level of public notoriety are under so much scrutiny.

But I'm sure many are lurkers here and on other forums.

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
None of these things are nearly as good as old fashioned forums when it comes to discussion

Your average person doesn't care. Forums are for the hardcores nowadays when it comes to any hobby because your average person can get what they need discussion wise from reddit/facebook/twitter and everything is all in one place.

Most forums I have lurked or posted on for the last decade have gotten significantly less busy since the rise of mainstream "social" media. I can't really comment on HFBoards since I've only been posting here for a few years.

Jeffrey

Feb 2, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
I'm sure during the lockout the forum was full of players reading people opinion and possible development. Also I'm pretty confident there are many journalist and radio host browsing here.

A91

Oilers + Real Madrid
May 21, 2011
Edmonton
Nope. Too busy doing other stuff like training.

You know that the team planes all have wifi, over 90 flights a year, surely they can surf hf if they please. Or before bed, or in the washroom (mobile), its not like they are busy every minute of everyday. Offseason too.

Elvs

Jul 3, 2006
Sweden
No one probably does it consistantly. But lets say there's a B or C level prospect playing his NHL debute, or an AHL guy finally getting his first call up, I think it's a pretty good chance they'd look into a game day thread afterwards. Especially if they feel like they had a decent to good game.

Beninho*

Mar 19, 2016
People who think famous athletes/people don't do the same stuff "average" do because they have better things to do are wrong. There's a story told by Ibrahimovic ( a world famous soccer icon) on how he became friends with a random person on Xbox and that they ended up meeting up and becoming good friends. I guess the moral of the story is we are all human and do the same stuff, obviously there are a few famous hockey players who love the game as much as we do who use this site.

kunekune

Feb 17, 2016
You must not have watched a single "day in the life" video if you think these guys don't have time to browse the internet.

NHL pros have more time to browse Internet than your average guy working from 9-5.

Their average working day is just about 4 hours. Gamedays double it.

ScaredStreit

May 5, 2006
Tampa, FL
If I was an NHLer I'd be on here all the time starting rumors about myself being traded just to screw with everyone.
Wouldn't it be hilarious if half those Stamkos to TO posts were by Stamkos, just to screw with Leafs fans.

I don't think Stamkos has that much free time on his hands.

bigd

Jul 27, 2003
I think the young guys probably visit these sites because they are insecure and want to see fans pumping them up. Once they've been in the league a while and have families they could care less what the fans think of them. Family and friends are forever. Fans are like the people that pretend to be your friend but only if it benefits them.

Ryker

Oct 3, 2008
Triangle, NC, USA
NHL pros have more time to browse Internet than your average guy working from 9-5.

Their average working day is just about 4 hours. Gamedays double it.
Yeah, absolutely. I mean, it's longer when you account for traveling during the season, but other than that it's a pretty chill lifestyle. They train once a day, have some other obligations such as charity work or making public appearances, and they're free the rest of the time. Not saying it's easy to do what they do, they still have to perform really well when they are "at work", but putting in long hours is not something they do.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad