Do You Have Confidence in Pierre Dorion as a General Manager?

Do You Have Confidence in Pierre Dorion as a General Manager?

• Total voters

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
Who voted for Kevin Mandolese???
iu

Mark Stones Spleen

Jan 17, 2008
T.O.
I put some of this blame on Pierre, but most of it on Melnyk. Nobody could retain star players without the financial resources, that's not on PD. He's done an acceptable job for the most part on selling our players. A properly backed management team would also mean he has the appropriate staff to help him out, which he doesn't. It's basically a one man band. Similarly, I don't blame the lack of success of our team on Boucher, nobody could coach this team to wins, our team f***ing sucks.

One thing PD certainly needs is to go to Toastmasters or something, he's an awful communicator.

Reactions: 7even and Tuna99

Laphroaig

Aug 26, 2011
The Town Fun Forgot
In the aftermath of the Mark Stone debacle Dorion went out of his way to assure the fans that Stone's decision not to re-sign with the Sens had nothing to do with ownership. No one had even asked but it appears that job one for Dorion is to defend the owner at all costs. He's the Mark Borowiecki of GMs.

Tkachuckycheese

Oilers/Sens
Feb 2, 2016

I don't because this guy is behind everything. Dorian says he is doing all the ground work but those remarks show the truth.

Emerica

May 29, 2010
Melnyck - who is the real culprit - will have to fire Dorion at the end of this season.
No.

Dorion got a 3 year extension last year to be the one taking the bullets for Melnyk. He's not going anywhere until Melnyk leaves. Melnyk may be a moron but he knows no one else is going to accept having him meddle with the hockey side the way Dorion does.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
It might be easier and faster to make a list of the things I do have confidence in concerning this organization, rather than the things I don't. Gimme a sec, I'll do that right now.

Aspects Of This Organization I Am Confident About:
1)

... whew. There you have it, my comprehensive list.

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
It might be easier and faster to make a list of the things I do have confidence in concerning this organization, rather than the things I don't. Gimme a sec, I'll do that right now.

Aspects Of This Organization I Am Confident About:
1)

... whew. There you have it, my comprehensive list.
I hear the hot dogs are pretty solid.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Dorion has the hardest job in the NHL.

Melnyck sounds like he is just a complete arsehole to work for - a bully, a stupid bully and angry.

Dorion has a ton of NHL talent, but he’s been dealt a hand that any winning GM would probably not tolerate and just golf instead.

Being the Sens GM is the suckers level GM job, you’re an NHL GM which is amazing, but you have the worst job because your boss is a nut case

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Wow close to 10% think this guy can do the job. Just wow. :laugh::laugh::rolleyes::rolleyes:

He knows we play on ice right?

"They can – just not in the NHL."

Last edited:
Reactions: 7even

16w

Jun 23, 2003
in a year where there hasnt been much entertainment, watching dorion navigate the mine field of press conferences has definitely been a highlight

each question and answer is dripping with so much subtext... we know the truth, dorion knows the truth, we know dorion knows the truth and dorion knows we know dorion knows the truth

so he has to answer questions without outright lying but also while protecting the sentiment around the team

he is doing poorly but he should own it better by ending each press conference with an "are you not entertained!?!?!"

Reactions: FlyingJ

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
in a year where there hasnt been much entertainment, watching dorion navigate the mine field of press conferences has definitely been a highlight

each question and answer is dripping with so much subtext... we know the truth, dorion knows the truth, we know dorion knows the truth and dorion knows we know dorion knows the truth

so he has to answer questions without outright lying but also while protecting the sentiment around the team

he is doing poorly but he should own it better by ending each press conference with an "are you not entertained!?!?!"

He will recapture at least a small part of my interest when he can do this

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
He traded away all our best players. Says get ready for a rebuild...but then comes out to the media saying this team should be winning? I think melnyk is pretty malicious in his intent and actions. Dorion is simply a complete idiot. Like an absolute dolt.

Reactions: RyCam

Adele Dazeem

Oct 20, 2015
On an island
He traded away all our best players. Says get ready for a rebuild...but then comes out to the media saying this team should be winning? I think melnyk is pretty malicious in his intent and actions. Dorion is simply a complete idiot. Like an absolute dolt.

If you were in Dorion's shoes, what would do? Keep in mind you gotta keep face and do as Melnyk says or guess what you don't have a job and probably won't have one any time soon as GM jobs are hard to come by..

Dorion is not a dolt, he is an awkward person who has less than stellar communication skills. That and he works for a scrooge, those are his two major downfalls.

Silencio

Nov 6, 2006
Toronto
Rewatching the Office and my wife pointed out how much Kevin reminds her of Pierre Dorion.

Mean, but accurate.

edguy

Feb 5, 2014
Charlottetown, PEI
Id be genuinely interested to see how he could manage a team without Melnyk calling the shots.

I truly feel like he would've made alot of the right calls, sign EK, Sign Stone.. the one blunder he really made that we think was his decision was the Duchene deal, which looks bad now because Duchene wouldn't sign, because of Melnyk..

I doubt he ever gets a GM job again in this league for showing his lack of a backbone towards ownership. but I really feel like the guy coulda been a good GM.

Reactions: Crosside

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad