Do You Have Confidence in Pierre Dorion as a General Manager?

Do You Have Confidence in Pierre Dorion as a General Manager?

• Total voters

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
I don't have a lot of faith in Dorion to be the guy to guide this team to a better future given the constraints in place...

But, I have even less faith that we will hire somebody better than him should we decide to move on from Dorion.

Reactions: Betax

Jul 6, 2016
Melnyck - who is the real culprit - will have to fire Dorion at the end of this season.

slamigo

Skate or Die!
Dec 25, 2007
Ottawa
First step should be hiring a real President of Hockey Operations. Get a long time well respected hockey man and have him insulate the team from Melnyk. It's the only hope.

Reactions: Cosmix and aragorn

Here I Pageau Again

Jul 4, 2012
I don't have a lot of faith in Dorion to be the guy to guide this team to a better future given the constraints in place...

But, I have even less faith that we will hire somebody better than him should we decide to move on from Dorion.

I agree.

If Melnyk is doing the hiring he will simply hire a gm that will do what he wants. I honestly don't see the team improving greatly until Melnyk is gone.

Reactions: Cosmix and aragorn

RAFI BOMB

May 11, 2016

The realization of how doomed we actually are after reading your post:
giphy.gif

Bettman Returnz

Why so serious?
Jul 28, 2003
BC
Visit site
Would be interesting if a few of the more “senior” guys in this organization all resigned at same time and/or a few more players demanded a trade. This would send a serious message to the owner. Basically calling his bluff and letting him take fall for all this BS. I am not saying Dorion is a saint but I have a feeling the direction is being decided from “above”... or else.

Reactions: aragorn

lancepitlick

Nov 20, 2016
God no. The saving grace for any GM in a rebuild is that you get draft picks each year and the worse you are the higher the picks. But in terms of building a winning culture, making good trades, putting out a balanced lineup, hiring coaches, signing contracts. I have zero faith in Pierre Dorion.

He seems decent enough at scouting based on the Sens finding talent in later rounds, but IMO that should be as high as he goes in the corporate ladder. And the draft is a crap shoot: he also picked Puempel, Ceci, Lazar, Englund, Cowen etc.

I think it is far easier to hire someone that's a good GM and then let the scouts do the work rather than hire a scout and hope he can do the other GM tasks.

Honestly someone that is as bad at public speaking as Dorion is shouldn't even be in the job in the first place. That's your organizational leader and he sounds like a complete moron. It makes the team look like a joke.

Reactions: NorthCoast

NorthCoast

May 1, 2017
God no. The saving grace for any GM in a rebuild is that you get draft picks each year and the worse you are the higher the picks. But in terms of building a winning culture, making good trades, putting out a balanced lineup, hiring coaches, signing contracts. I have zero faith in Pierre Dorion.

He seems decent enough at scouting based on the Sens finding talent in later rounds, but IMO that should be as high as he goes in the corporate ladder. And the draft is a crap shoot: he also picked Puempel, Ceci, Lazar, Englund, Cowen etc.

I think it is far easier to hire someone that's a good GM and then let the scouts do the work rather than hire a scout and hope he can do the other GM tasks.

Honestly someone that is as bad at public speaking as Dorion is shouldn't even be in the job in the first place. That's your organizational leader and he sounds like a complete moron. It makes the team look like a joke.

I feel exactly the same as this.

Reactions: lancepitlick

BarberPole9

Nov 3, 2013
Ottawa
To those that vote no, it is really unfair to him. I mean if you don't like the fantastic work that he is doing, you should have spoken to him about it. I mean, he even said that only one person in the entire city seems mad about the work that he's doing and it's just a very small, vocal minority that disapproves of his work....

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
I doubt whoever is GM could be able to straighten out this ship in one yr although I expect it to still be PD. We'll see how they do at this yr's draft regardless of who it is doing the selecting, although I hope it's still Mann. But IMO the 2020 draft should be the one where things could really change for this organization in a positive way if they are in the lottery & with 7 potential picks in the first 3 rds including two 1st rd picks.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
He should have never taken this job...He let ambition blind him a bit it seems,if a tenured hockey man like BM had trouble keeping this clown owner in check...He never stood a chance, and thats on him for not realising what he was signing up for

Reactions: NorthCoast

SPF6ty9

Feb 22, 2016
Caca Poopoo Peepee Shire
I wouldn't trust Dorion to plug in a light fixture for me.

I'd probably inspect his finished work, see the cord isn't connected and ask for an explanation from him. Then I'd have to hear about how he doesn't see a disconnect. I'd probably end up having to yell at the guy.

In summary, it's a no.

Reactions: Icelevel

Tkachuckycheese

Oilers/Sens
Feb 2, 2016
Dorian is on a power trip since taking over. I wish he was just a scout again and that's it. He won't get fired from Melnyk, I really don't think ever because he's just a puppet. He really doesn't see the full picture with the fanbase and how to run a team. Just like Melnyk out of touch with reality. It's almost like they are just making up stuff on the spot and thinking oh yeah that's such a great idea without thinking it through. He's destroyed everything that Bryan Murray built as a respectful organization and just created a chaos drama filled area. I wouldn't be surprised if someday we find out that it was him and Melnyk who created the broken room so he could sell off the players to create a low cap.

Who honestly fires a coach, then makes a list of what he's looking for and call out young rookie players. YOU SET THEM UP TO FAIL!!!!

Reactions: Cosmix

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
As a scout? Maybe

As a GM of an nhl team? No f ing way

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad