Do You Have Confidence in Pierre Dorion as a General Manager?

Do You Have Confidence in Pierre Dorion as a General Manager?

• Total voters

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
Just think of how many GM's in the league would have loved to have the core we did. This team didn't need to tear it down at this point. 5 seasons ago was the time when you still had a really young Karlsson and Stone under good contracts.

Reactions: Cosmix

Samboni

Jan 26, 2014
It’s hard for me to tell how much Melnyk is micro-managing him. One thing about PD is that he has the optimism of a penny stock promoter which afffects his credibility.

PD was hired because he came cheap and because Melnyk knew that he could control him. I’m not sure if he would even be an assistant GM on another team.

odhiambo

Apr 12, 2009
I think overall he is a good GM.

He is getting a lot of heat due to the player personnel moves that he has recently made. However, he has set up the team quite well when you consider the upcoming expansion draft and the incredible cap flexibility the team will have. He is actually put the Senators in a very good position almost 12 months before many other teams start contemplating implications of expansion draft. And because of this, this teams rebuild will be accelerated more than what most people think. However, he does need a better owner :)

There are areas of improvement that would help Dorian:
- Poor communicator. Needs to command authority by being more serious especially when talking to media.
- Needs to insulate himself with “hockey-minds” on day to day hockey operations.
- Definitely needs to improve pro-scouting of the team.

Bileur

Jun 15, 2004
Ottawa
If there was an option lower than “no” I’d vote for that.

in a year where there hasnt been much entertainment, watching dorion navigate the mine field of press conferences has definitely been a highlight

each question and answer is dripping with so much subtext... we know the truth, dorion knows the truth, we know dorion knows the truth and dorion knows we know dorion knows the truth

so he has to answer questions without outright lying but also while protecting the sentiment around the team

he is doing poorly but he should own it better by ending each press conference with an "are you not entertained!?!?!"

I agree with all of this post except for the suggestion that there’s any hesitation to outright lying. Dorion outright lies frequently.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad