• No - stick with Kuemper

Votes: 106 90.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Alienblood

Nov 22, 2021
No way do you jettison Kuemper. Talk about a panic reaction up 3-2.

Look, he wasn't great last night, but . . . well, during the 6 on 5, Cale Makar looked like he was putting for par at 18 at Augusta rather than sweeping the front of the net with a one goal lead with a series win on the line. CM is either hurt worse than they're letting on, or he's checked out.

All he had to do was look up and wave his stick around. It was pitiful.
yes Makar did that on 2 goals ..an absoulute pitiful performance.

Lost a lot if respect for him with that effort.

He was horrendous on the pk as well worst game I have even seen from a dman that supposed to be of his caliber.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Bllackburn was drafted the year after Lundquist but yes I agree with this.

Having said that there only handful of goalies in the league now that are above average

I don't think that's true. I think there are different levels of starter throughout the league but quite a few are well above average.

ELITE
Vasilevskiy
Oettinger
Shestyorkin

NEAR-ELITE/VERY GOOD
GIbson
Hellebuyck
Merzlikins
Demko
Sorokin
Saros

GOOD
Andersen
Bobrovsky
Fleury
Markstrom

I'd argue the rest range from "middle tier" to "average" to "bad" to "Mackenzie Blackwood" in that order. IMO Middle Tier is still well above average, but now you're getting in that gray area where a goalie might not be able to elevate their game high enough to steal a playoff contest for you. I'd say Kuemper is in that category. I believe he COULD steal a game if everything fell into place, but that's not the Kuemper we're seeing right now.

I'm not counting Carey Price because I think he's done, and the jury's still out on Carter Hart. If he can bounce back from two bad years, great, but I feel like Philly has more or less ruined him. Way too early to tell with prospects like

I say we go with Miska

Get out.

Reactions: Bone Breaker

Bone Breaker

Apr 2, 2015
Tokyo
stick with Kuemper. you bench him now, you lose him for the rest of the playoffs (if Avs advance) and next season. if he melts in game 6, as despair, you put Francouz in net for game 7 and address this problem (again) in the off season.

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018
stick with Kuemper. you bench him now, you lose him for the rest of the playoffs (if Avs advance) and next season. if he melts in game 6, as despair, you put Francouz in net for game 7 and address this problem (again) in the off season.
That's not necessarily true.

AvBuff

May 1, 2019
On one hand, as Bednar has not hesitated to bench underperforming players (Sturm, Boro) , there is no reason for a goalie to be beyond benching if he stinks. Hell, Ken Dryden got benched in the '72 SCPs by Bowman. Spoiler alert: Kemper ain't Ken Dryden.

But....goalies are strange beasts. They're like baseball closers. You don't replace your ace closer just because of a couple of off outings. You keep throwing him out there and let him pitch through it.

Bottom line, Bednar knows his guys better than we do.

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
I don't actually hang a single loss these playoffs on DK alone. Pretty much all of our losses have been a team effort and include stupid penalties. I get that at the end of the day you can look back and say you'd like your starter to have been able to save one of those, but yeah. I just don't see why anyone would want to switch goalies right now. It makes absolutely no sense. Not only is Frank worse (I still think he's a good backup and would feel a lot better with him in net than what we had last year) but the whole team plays a bit different when the backup goes in. I'm not sure I would put the pressure of putting your backup in net on the team. I would not be opposed to a quick pull if we give up two in the first or something like that. Even if it's more aimed at trying to wake the team up rather than truly terrible goals against.

Reactions: Alienblood

AvsMakar08

Feb 14, 2017
New York
In that case, Sakic needs to fleece another GM (unlikely) in a trade, for a reasonable return (also unlikely). Hence, Price 60% retained + bags & bags of pucks. :sarcasm:
Some of the Avs fans are willing to trade Rantanen. Maybe we can trade Rants in a package to Rangers, Washington or Isles as they might have a top goalie prospect for us.

Avsfan1921

Oct 5, 2019
Since this thread can’t be taken seriously, I propose a riddle:

Why did the bicycle fall over?

Because it was TWO TIRED!

Ah, dad jokes.

John Mandalorian

Nov 29, 2018
Since this thread can’t be taken seriously, I propose a riddle:

Why did the bicycle fall over?

Because it was TWO TIRED!

Ah, dad jokes.
Ahem.

If he ends up choking it away then the mistakes were twofold: Getting him in the first place, and beyond that the organization putting no worthwhile effort whatsoever toward developing legitimate goalie prospects until Annunen showed up. Frankie is not the answer. Again, he hasn't proven at all that he's capable of taking the starter's role, most definitely not this yearr.
Are you stull going to be stubborn on this?

John Mandalorian

Nov 29, 2018
This is not how it works. He had a bad game and had very little help in front of him. Playoff hockey is hard, the Avs are 7-2, is there a team with a better record thus far?

Let's not get carried away lol.
So let's circle back to this. Are you hamsterwheeling on this?

Avsfan1921

Oct 5, 2019
So let's circle back to this. Are you hamsterwheeling on this?
“Ahem”… lol

Just because you have a hate on for a player does not mean they should bail on him without giving him a chance to redeem himself, especially your #1 goalie.

The sample size is starting to support the debate, but you’re ludicrous if you think there was a fraction of a chance it was going to happen when you suggested it.

Edit:
Quoted the wrong post but don’t know how to fix it. Doesn’t matter though because you clearly have an agenda towards this player.

Reactions: Turbonium
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad