Do you ever get sick of being a TML Fan?

varano

Jun 27, 2013
How long have you guys been fans for?
Do you guys ever just want to hang up the Jersey and jump ship?

Not trying to poke the bear but just wondering how everyone feels and if the thought comes to mind.

nwarrior

Aug 28, 2010
I can get sick of the players who wear the jersey. Never the Blue and White!

ECanuck

Jan 7, 2010
Hamilton
Over two decades for me. Sometimes I take a break from the action but return to the same ship.

HEAVY DUTY

Thanks to denial, I’m immortal.
Jul 10, 2010
Toronto, ON
been a leafs fan since 2001. it can get frustrating at times when the Leafs suck on the ice or when management makes countless stupid decisions regarding players year after year, but i will never give up on my team. i just can't and won't. the heart breaks countered with the joyous moments make it worth while i guess. its hard to explain, but im in it till the day i die.

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

maybe i'm insane? :dunno:

varano

Jun 27, 2013
been a leafs fan since 2001. it can get frustrating at times when the Leafs suck on the ice or when management makes countless stupid decisions regarding players year after year, but i will never give up on my team. i just can't and won't. its hard to explain, but im in it till the day i die.

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

maybe i'm insane? :dunno:
I hear you.

I designed this thread as a bit of a therapy session lol.

Lauro

Charlie Conacher
Jun 28, 2008
Berlin
Only a fan since 1992. I sometimes get sick of being a Leafs fan because I live in Germany and it doesn't make sense to follow a team that closely that plays at night on the other end of the world. But this would be the same if I was a fan of an other NHL team. Or maybe not.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Once a Leaf always a Leaf.

Been following the Leafs since the 1960's, buts its been a long time waiting between Cups. Talk about patience !!

Bedards Dad

I was in the pool!!
Nov 3, 2011
Toronto
Not even a little. I am 30 and have been a fan as long as I can remember. I get annoyed during games sometime, or disappointed when they lose a close game or miss playoffs, even get angry and shut it off if there is a blowout. But I have never, not once been sick of being a Leaf fan and never will.

Eb

Feb 27, 2011
Toronto
We're fans of the one of the greatest sports teams, in the world!

Be proud! Delete this thread!

napoleon in rags

Fred's dead, Baby... Fred's dead
Jun 17, 2009
St. Helena
Yikes! Do you have a single favorite moment and most hated moment you'd like to share?

Favourites? 1967 for obvious reasons is a favourite. The 1993 run was fun, yet also disappointing because it looked like destiny to meet the Habs in the final. I enjoyed the Quinn era; some good teams but just not good enough to go all the way.

Most hated? The game 7 collapse against Boston really stung. Hated seeing Frank Mahovlich traded. The 'Hate List' could get rather long if I put my mind to it.

Overall it's been like a cold rainy day with rare 2 minute bursts of sunshine.

The fact that April 11, 1990 was a good day speaks volumes for the lack of highlights that this franchise has provided.

varano

Jun 27, 2013
We're fans of the one of the greatest sports teams, in the world!

Be proud! Delete this thread!

The only thing the leafs have been consistently great at is making money........

My pride does get challenged alot around playoff time. I spend so much time watching other teams play in the playoffs and would like to see it be the leafs again sometime soon

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario
favourites? 1967 for obvious reasons is a favourite. The 1993 run was fun, yet also disappointing because it looked like destiny to meet the habs in the final. I enjoyed the quinn era; some good teams but just not good enough to go all the way.

Most hated? The game 7 collapse against boston really stung. Hated seeing frank mahovlich traded. The 'hate list' could get rather long if i put my mind to it.

The fact that april 11, 1990 was a good day speaks volumes for the lack of highlights that this franchise has provided.

rip hb

TOGuy14

Dec 30, 2010
Toronto
How long have you guys been fans for?
Do you guys ever just want to hang up the Jersey and jump ship?

Not trying to poke the bear but just wondering how everyone feels and if the thought comes to mind.

Never get sick of being a Leaf fan, sometimes get sick of the random hate we get just for being the biggest team in the league.

Whether it is people discussing Phaneuf as a bottom pairing defenceman or how Phil Kessel can't hold Pat Kane's jock etc etc. So much random hate just because you are the banner team of the league (right or wrong). It's like being the Yankees, Lakers, or Cowboys. People hate you just because you're popular and they aren't as much.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
You know what? I am beginning to find that I am starting to lose interest. I am 29 now, but when I was younger I used to literally count down the days till the first preseason game, let alone the first regular season game. Now, it's just different. This season might be my first time where I don't plan my schedule around Leafs games.

Rare Jewel

Patience
Jan 11, 2007
Leaf Land
Only a fan since 1992. I sometimes get sick of being a Leafs fan because I live in Germany and it doesn't make sense to follow a team that closely that plays at night on the other end of the world. But this would be the same if I was a fan of an other NHL team. Or maybe not.

I'm kind of the same cause I follow European football(Arsenal more specifically) I suppose it's easier my way cause the games are on in the morning as oppose to you where our games are on at damn near midnight over there.

But to the OP's question, Nah I'll never get sick of the Leafs; Some of the players, A different story. But it's what sports is about imo. The ups and the downs; And I know there's been more of the latter in the last decade, But it will make it all the more enjoyable when things finally do go well.

Besides if you or whoever were to quit now after how ever long you've been watching it would make it kind of pointless because we're actually starting to accrue a nice core of players who have loads of time growth ahead of them. We still could do with another piece here and there no doubt, But there are players to point to now that could be part of competitive team.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
Favourites? 1967 for obvious reasons is a favourite. The 1993 run was fun, yet also disappointing because it looked like destiny to meet the Habs in the final. I enjoyed the Quinn era; some good teams but just not good enough to go all the way.

Most hated? The game 7 collapse against Boston really stung. Hated seeing Frank Mahovlich traded. The 'Hate List' could get rather long if I put my mind to it.

The fact that April 11, 1990 was a good day speaks volumes for the lack of highlights that this franchise has provided.

what happened then?

Quares27

Apr 3, 2013
Definitely not... dont see how you could if you like hockey. If the teams really bad for a season then ya that sucks but once you have the offseason its a fresh start

As a Toronto sports fan who was too young to remember the Jays wins I wonder what it'll be like when we finally win something... it always seems like its impossible to win a title because the Jays havent even been in the playoffs for 20 years, Raptors havent done much of anything and the Leafs have made the playoffs once in 10 years. If we actually did win something im not sure what it would be like the next season lol

pspot

Dec 20, 2004
Kitchener
ive always likened being a Leafs fan to being a drug addict
chasing the dragon , the ultimate high (leafs winning the cup) but getting there , every use (game) it gets worse and worse

draeko17

Jul 7, 2007
Nah, I don't get sick of being a Leaf fan. I'm 53. Have been a Leaf fans since I was a young girl. Love this team. It's painful sometimes. Not always fun. Most enduring relationships have those patches though. It's just the rhythm of it all.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
what happened then?

Harold Ballard era ends officially.

All long time suffering Leaf fans know that date well.

History tends to repeat itself .. Leafs game 7 collapse in 2013 was linked indirectly to that date as well based on Bruins comeback.
It marked the first time the Bruins have come back from a three-goal deficit in a playoff game since April 11, 1990, when they trailed the Hartford Whalers by a 5-2 score in the third period but went on to win 6-5.

The ghost of Ballard strikes again.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad