Do you believe in miracles? Oilers win 5-4 in shootout!

dustrock

Too Legit To Quit
Sep 22, 2008
Congratulations to Dallas Eakins on his first coaching victory.

I'm a little concerned by Eberle but hopefully the confident shootout bodes well.

Ference had a great 3rd, too bad about the puck off the skate.

God I'm tired of cringing every time the opposing team shoots on our net.

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
Nuge played 28 minutes, Hall 25 minutes, Eberle 22 minutes and Perron 25 minutes.. Wow.

Yeah I just heard that on CHED a few seconds ago. When Gagner and Joensuu come back those minutes are going to look very different.

Hopefully Yak can get more minutes playing on one of the top two lines.

ohheyhemsky

Regehr DooDoo
Nov 1, 2010
DT Cowtown
Hemsky had a great game. Great forecheck, and back check and create a lot of chances. Needed to be said.

Anywho:

****in' Oilers. Can't just do it the easy way.

Jarvi

Mar 22, 2012
Nuge played 28 minutes, Hall 25 minutes, Eberle 22 minutes and Perron 25 minutes.. Wow.

Eakins isn't messing around. He is letting the kids sink or swim, and with smyth a HS, he is showing them that they lead the team either to the gutter or up the standings. Some accountability will be very refreshing.

Didn't get to watch anything but a bit of the third and OT+SO. But it was good to see some key guys contribute and get the monkeys off their back a little.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
what do you guys think about Belov so far?

Not good, not good at all but it'll take some time for him to get used to NHL speed and the smaller rink. He had a shortened preseason due to the visa issues so he deserves to be cut some slack.

SK13

non torsii subligarium
Jul 23, 2007
Edmonton
Team had no confidence coming into this one after Vancouver.

Hopefully that cheers them the **** up and they can come out looking like that against Montreal.

RipsADrive

Sep 16, 2008
Edmonton
Gordon is playing exactly how I was hoping Belanger would when he signed here.

Good faceoffs and defensive play to go along with solid board presence and decent hands. I was a doubter but he may just be worth his contract.

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
Thing about Yakapov is he does SO MUCH in the offensive zone, but I can see why coaches are scared of him in the Oilers own zone. He is so reactionary, he waits until things start to happen before he tries to contain them, rather than proactively preventing passes and shots. Every time you see him in his own end, he's hunched over desperately scrambling to try to catch up to his man with the puck a half stride to late.

This can and will be fixed, but you can see the immaturity in his game relative to the vets and the more seasoned young guys.

I more or less agree. He's had some great moments fighting for the puck along the side boards, but around his net and in the corners he's pretty lost most of the time.

gooilgo

Dec 30, 2010
Area 51
Don't want to be a Debbie Downer after a comeback but in many ways a result like that simply papers over the cracks. For large portions of that game we looked as disorganized as any time in the last 3 years .

And can we not expect even average goaltending?

Rafters

Aug 10, 2003
Medicine Hat
Visit site
This game reminded me so much of the playoff game against Dallas in 97 I believe.....down 3-0 ...nothing happening for 54 mins....then bang...bang...bang....and Bucky with the OT winner...

neutral*

Love the Oilers. Such an exciting young team to watch. Give these kids a goalie and look out!

McDreamy

Losing credibility
Feb 25, 2009
RNH looked awesome. Getting him back in the lineup is absolutely huge. Easily our best player today.

Great games by Perron and Hemsky too. Let the wins come.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad