Do you believe in miracles? Oilers win 5-4 in shootout!

Nunymare

/ˈnʌnimɛr/
Sep 14, 2008
YEG
He really doesn't like that the players in the NHL are a lot stronger than the guys in the KHL physically. He's not physically dominating anyone. He may see the press box for a couple of games soon.

Do we take Grebs or Belov at this point?

molsonmuscle360

Jan 25, 2009
Ft. McMurray Ab
Glad to eat crow. Team showed a lot of guts in the third. Very exciting. Wont bring up the negatives because if I do I think I'll get all worked up again.

Glad to see Hall get off the snide after playing some brutal hockey for 2 periods (and 2 games)

I don't think I have ever seen a coach go exclusively with 8 forwards in a period. The 4th line got 1 shift. Other than that Eakins rolled with 8 guys. Pretty crazy.

2 periods? Hall played 8 consecutive periods of horrid hockey. But he played great in the third.

Suxnet

Jan 4, 2012
Unsung hero of the night: Yakupov

Dude was hustling and throwing checks all over the ice, not to mention hit the post with a shot. Really boosted the energy level in the building before the comeback.

phaedrusDH

Jul 6, 2009
just heard Eakins was playing the best players at the end of the game and they won it....

you know, this is a VERY important point. everyone was crapping all over them, but if you want to give them confidence, you have to give them a chance to succeed.

gotta give Gordon/Perron lots of credit for upping the physical play in the top 9 in the 3rd. also, the Oilers started chipping or even lofting it through the neutral zone and into the offensive zone, which really put NJ on their heels and gave them a chance to gain possession through puck battles.

Bum

Ontario Oiler fan
Aug 31, 2010
Sudbury, Ontario
I thought Dubnyk had a terrible night on the bench. His posture was a little off and his positioning during whistles was maddening. He needs to show more intensity when sitting there watching the action. I wasn't impressed with his performance at all.

CanadianSuperPromise

Aug 21, 2012
Loving the win. But that doesn't excuse the first 2 pathetic periods. Remember the NJD aren't even a good team, so there's lots of work to be done.

Comrade Blunderbore

Генерал Файлюра
Mar 30, 2010
КПЗ
why the hell can't we just have some luck. a deflection, a rebound, a goof-up. everybody looks like having things go the perfect way against the Oilers - best shots, best blocks, impeccable goaltending. this can't last forever, we will eventually find the way; but when? at least Nuge looks like he's going to make things happen, need him to channel this feel to the rest of team.

i'll just smugly quote myself.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
huh? I thought he played well.

Loses concentration at key times, loses his man at key times, can't contain cycle, doesn't use his frame effectively enough.

Someone needs to tell him he's a pretty big guy who can skate, so if he steps into a forward it generally will stop a rush.

stratedge

My relationship with the Oilers is abusive.
Jul 25, 2007
Calgary, AB
I thought Dubnyk had a terrible night on the bench. His posture was a little off and his positioning during whistles was maddening. He needs to show more intensity when sitting there watching the action. I wasn't impressed with his performance at all.

You think he's bad off the ice, wait until you see him on it.

Raab

Oct 6, 2007
Perron your 11th most valuable Oiler... :help:

Only saw the 3rd and overtime/SO. Glad the boys battled back to win. Hopefully this is a turning point for the season and they start playing well for entire games and not just half games.

On a side note Dubnyk still needs to go, even if he didnt play.

McJC

May 2, 2010
Edmonton
Unsung hero of the night: Yakupov

Dude was hustling and throwing checks all over the ice, not to mention hit the post with a shot. Really boosted the energy level in the building before the comeback.

Agreed. It's a shame he never got on the scoresheet.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad