Do the Wings go after a free agent goalie in 2020?

Ricelund

̶W̶e̶ ̶l̶i̶k̶e̶ ̶o̶u̶r̶ ̶t̶e̶a̶m̶
Apr 16, 2006
New York, NY
His name is Shestyorkin, it is not that difficult...
You should tell the Rangers!

rangers1-e1578363246216-1024x682.jpg

ShelbyZ

Apr 8, 2015
Cool and all but his real name is Shestyorkin, see wikipedia. No clue why he is rebranded to Shesterkin :huh:

"Igor Olegovich Shestyorkin (Russian: Игорь Олегович Шестёркин, born 30 December 1995), last name sometimes spelled Shesterkin"

Not sure why, but it's also the case with the "e" in Fedorov. Sergei Fedorov's wikipedia page has his name spelled "Fyodorov" and I've seen it spelled that way in other places as well.

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
Not sure why, but it's also the case with the "e" in Fedorov. Sergei Fedorov's wikipedia page has his name spelled "Fyodorov" and I've seen it spelled that way in other places as well.

I believe yo must be the equivalent of e in Russia as many yo names have e in place of them, I have noticed!

Reactions: Winger98

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
Should Tristan Jarry continue to perform near his current level, Matt Murray will likely be available via trade. Murray could perhaps only cost picks and prospects due to all of the RFAs the Penguins have to re-sign. I'm assuming Detroit would have interest?

ShelbyZ

Apr 8, 2015
Should Tristan Jarry continue to perform near his current level, Matt Murray will likely be available via trade. Murray could perhaps only cost picks and prospects due to all of the RFAs the Penguins have to re-sign. I'm assuming Detroit would have interest?

My concerns with Murray would be:

-He hasn't really been consistently good since winning the 2017 Stanley Cup and has been especially bad this season
-His value (trade and contract) might be based more on his winning 2 Cups than how he's played since then
-He's an RFA for the last time this summer, so he probably either wants to get some term or get to UFA status ASAP so he can potentially get it there. If he doesn't want to stick around in Detroit and signs for only a year, the Wings might not be able to recoup what they paid to get him considering how volatile the goalie market is.

Reactions: Randy Butternubs

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
It was also funny at some point when I saw a picture on twitter.

Columbus Blue Jackets - NHL Standings - 50 points
There was Bobrovsky - 10 million - FLO - 49 points
There was Duchene - 8 million - NSH - 48 points
There was Panarin - 11 million - NYR - 46 points

Something like that a while ago.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad