Speculation: Do the Leafs need a temporary goalie?

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
I'll say it sure is nice having a goaltending situation like the Leafs are having now compared to that of seasons past.

Yes it's only 3 games for Woll, so it's way too soon to be jumping the gun with trading Mrazek, but come trade deadline time who knows? It would be nice to put some of the mrazek money towards campbell's next contract. Woll's play could open the door for that possibility.

It could if he keeps it up I just need to see more then 3 games

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
trade Mrazek already

So we can have a backup that's played 3 career NHL games?

It's great that Woll has been able to contribute and hey who knows maybe in 3 years he will have proven he can be the guy.

But on November 30 2021 he's played 3 games you don't trade a proven NHL caliber goaie because of 3 games

29Potvin

Jan 27, 2012
London Ontario
Only move on from Mrazek if we are getting a guy like Holtby/Sign Rask/Korpisalo. Guys that have a track record but are UFA at the end of the year.
And you can only move him if you have a deal complete with Soup as the UFA tenders for next season are aging/ having a down year

Reactions: ACC1224

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
So we can have a backup that's played 3 career NHL games?

It's great that Woll has been able to contribute and hey who knows maybe in 3 years he will have proven he can be the guy.

But on November 30 2021 he's played 3 games you don't trade a proven NHL caliber goaie because of 3 games
Agreed to a point. If Mrazek can’t get on and stay on the ice aren’t they essentially going with this green back up?

kb

Aug 28, 2009
Agreed to a point. If Mrazek can’t get on and stay on the ice aren’t they essentially going with this green back up?
So players are not allowed to have an injury around here, and and he needs to rush back to justify his contract or be dumped?

can't wait for the wall/hutch tandem in the playoffs.

And then rush campbell out of town too because he got injured and we have a backup who can play 3 easy games in november. is this how it works?

Reactions: Auston 316

TMLAM34

Oct 15, 2020
If you move in from Mrazek it would be in the off-season, definitely not smart to do so during the season.

LeafSteel

GO LEAFS GO!!!
Mar 5, 2014
Toronto
Honest question:

Can Mrazek be sent to the Marlies beyond for a conditioning stint?

Simple question, no need for anyone to get huffy about optics and blah blah blah.

Thanks

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
Honest question:

Can Mrazek be sent to the Marlies beyond for a conditioning stint?

Simple question, no need for anyone to get huffy about optics and blah blah blah.

Thanks

“LTIR” Conditioning Loan

This loan is just for players who is “on the Bona Fide Long-Term Injury/Illness Exception” which is the thing we all call LTIR. One slight caveat of that is that for teams operating with a lot of cap space, they don’t benefit from invoking LTIR for players, and very occasionally someone who was never on LTIR is loaned under these rules. The crucial point is that this loan is for a player who has been out of playing action for 10 games and 24 days (the LTIR minimums).
AD
The player must consent to this loan, and he is paid like he’s in the NHL still. While on this loan, the player remains on LTIR.
The loan lasts for up to six days and three games. So either maximum may trigger the end of the loan. This loan is only to determine a player’s fitness to return off of LTIR. Teams are allowed to ask for an extension of two more games, and that happens often.

Reactions: LeafSteel

diehardleafsfan9878

Mar 9, 2015
What do you do if Mrazek comes back and goes down again? Do you keep hoping he'll heal and be able to contribute?
When Mrazek comes back, if he goes out again, I would be looking to move him. Maybe you could do a simple swap to Columbus for Korpisalo who is a UFA and sort of rebuilding. They could allow him to heal for longer and would give them someone for the next few years. It's tricky with Mrazeks NTC though.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
When Mrazek comes back, if he goes out again, I would be looking to move him. Maybe you could do a simple swap to Columbus for Korpisalo who is a UFA and sort of rebuilding. They could allow him to heal for longer and would give them someone for the next few years. It's tricky with Mrazeks NTC though.
Be impossible to move if he can't show he can stay healthy.
I didn't mind the pickup at the time but he's pretty much been of no use to the team. Perhaps he will be cured this time, I won't hold my breath.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010

If he can't stay healthy then call up Vancouver or Dallas if they fall out and pick up Halak or Holtby at the deadline.

Being 1 injury away from Woll/Hutchinson in the playoffs can't be an option

Reactions: ACC1224

gabeliscious

Jan 8, 2009
If he can't stay healthy then call up Vancouver or Dallas if they fall out and pick up Halak or Holtby at the deadline.

Being 1 injury away from Woll/Hutchinson in the playoffs can't be an option

I think Holtby or Halak would be a great partner for Campbell. I think they would do well in Toronto.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad