Do the Habs need a heavyweight enforcer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hannibal

Fear the Weber
Feb 11, 2007
With Brown going to Edmonton, could it mean Habs can get Ben Eager, now ?

Eager is pretty much the Travis Moen of Edmonton. He doesn't play anymore the style of play that made him succesful in the NHL.

hototogisu

Poked the bear!!!!!
Jun 30, 2006
Montreal, QC
Eager is pretty much the Travis Moen of Edmonton. He doesn't play anymore the style of play that made him succesful in the NHL.

Seriously? Terrible comparison. I know Moen doesn't fight and score so everyone thinks he's useless, but the guy is tied with Plekanec for most SH TOI per game...saying he's as useless as Eager is out to lunch.

CN_paladin

Jan 22, 2007
Westeros
Is Brian Boyle still in his coach's doghouse? If we don't get a goon, then at least get a giant that actually hits and go to the net!

Habtchum*

Bergevin missed many opportunities to take one from waivers or trade for one.

Not many are available now.

LePoche69

Jul 15, 2004
Montreal
What about Jared Boll ? Columbus isn't going for the playoffs and their new GM is a former master scout, so he would probably fall for a late 3rd round or 4th round pick.

LePoche69

Jul 15, 2004
Montreal
Bergevin missed many opportunities to take one from waivers or trade for one.

Not many are available now.

He tried to take Sestito but another team had an earlier waiver take on him.

Anyhow, it mean he would like to add a big body. I'm sure he'll make a move before the deadline.

Asif16*

You guys should target Jared boll. I think a 4th/5th rounder should do it. Columbus already has a a lot of guys that can fight both in their NHL team and their minor hockey team. Boll is willing to drop with anyone and kind of even plays like a pest.

And another question....why did you guys ever get rid of Staubitz. Dude was a beast. And this is coming from a leafs fan. I dont think he is getting much playing time in Anaheim. He would have been a much better player on the fourth line than Armstrong rofl

Et le But

Nov 28, 2010
New York
Armstrong is about 3 times the player Staubitz is, sadly enough. Staubitz doesn't even win fights anymore. He was a decent stop gap but I wouldn't give anything up for him.

Boll would nice on the 4th line.

Asif16*

Armstrong is about 3 times the player Staubitz is, sadly enough. Staubitz doesn't even win fights anymore. He was a decent stop gap but I wouldn't give anything up for him.

Fair enough. But yeah you should target boll. I also hear you guys want a physical defenceman who will stand up for teammates....What about shane obrien? No? Dude def sticks up for teammates. Im just putting some names out there. Dont get mad lol. Jay rosehill?? Ryan clowe? Matt martin? Trevor gillies?

CN_paladin

Jan 22, 2007
Westeros

Yeah the dude can even chip in once in a while. Where were we doing when a legit SOB like Orr was available in 2009?

Habtchum*

Fair enough. But yeah you should target boll. I also hear you guys want a physical defenceman who will stand up for teammates....What about shane obrien? No? Dude def sticks up for teammates. Im just putting some names out there. Dont get mad lol. Jay rosehill?? Ryan clowe? Matt martin? Trevor gillies?

Clowe and Boll would make my day.

Gousse

Feb 21, 2008
Qc
I'd like to see a guy like Ryan Reaves from St.Louis. He can also play hockey. Would be a great addition to our 4th line instead of Armstrong

bud12

Oct 8, 2012

He is interesting. If he stopped with bad penalities, I would give him a shot

bud12

Oct 8, 2012
I'd like to see a guy like Ryan Reaves from St.Louis. He can also play hockey. Would be a great addition to our 4th line instead of Armstrong

Reaves is know to be a spot-picker. I would take him but not the best option imo

Asif16*

St. Louis wont give him up....unless you guys make an gross over payment lol. I say it only because they had two fighters on their team last year in Bj Crombeen and Reaves. They decided to keep reaves and trade Crombeen to the Lightning. Ken Hitch likes a tough team with atleast one heavyweight. So, i doubt reaves is available. I put up some names that might be available on my last post

bigtimehockeyfan999*

i want a guy who can actually play...and bring something more than just fighting....if we can find someone who can pot 10 and win faceoffs or something that would be awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad