Do the Habs need a heavyweight enforcer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bud12

Oct 8, 2012
I think Peluso will make Thorburn expendable although he broke his hand this past Saturday in that beat down so he will be on the shelf for a while. We heard from the St Louis fans his rep in the AHL was pretty impressive and at 6'3" 235 he has the size. I like his hockey skills so far as well in a very limited sample size.

Thats why a want Peluso over Thorburn. Peluso is better at every level

imisssaku

@imisssaku
Feb 11, 2012
twitter.com
With this change, you have the toughess team in the league. To bad it will not happen

Before I respond, I put no real merit in toughness.

I'd have to think the Bruins (Chara, Lucic, Thornton, Campbell, Mcquaid, Ference) will hold this title for a long time.

The Leafs (Orr, Mclaren, Fraser, Phaneuf) are pretty tough too.

Mike Mike Caron

Aug 29, 2010
In the off season if we replaced:

- Kaberle with Stuart/Engelland
- Gionta with Clarkson
- Armstrong with a top tier fighter a la Bordelau

We'd be be kicking serious ass next year without losing much speed.

I have a friend who's a Devil fan, and he said Clarkson is like the son Lou never had, supposedly he's untouchable and will be signed back this summer. They will have plenty of money with 6 FA including Elias who could take a paycut from his 6M$.

Pretty sure Clowe will hit the Market though.

Corncob

Feb 10, 2011
Just recall Zack Stortini playoff time and dress him as extra forward. If we face a tough team

Stortini cannot be 'recalled' as he does not have a contract with the Habs. There's a reason no NHL team is interested in giving Stortini a contract. Any team that did do obviously wouldn't be on intent on making the playoffs. And the last thing a team that has made the playoffs would do would be to insert Stortini into their previously successful line up :shakehead

habsroom

May 6, 2009
Canada
Just recall Zack Stortini playoff time and dress him as extra forward. If we face a tough team

ZACK STORTINI is a punching bag he sucks and if you watched hockey or followed the habs you would know that. Plus he is on an AHL contract and Montreal does NOT own his rights he is a free agent.

ROSSter

Jul 5, 2011
I'm really liking Patrick Borderleau who was suggested earlier in this thread. If we want to be generous, send one of our 3rd round draft picks for him.

KingRoy33

Sep 7, 2010
How about Bergevin going to Chicago for an enforcer, I'm thinking Carcillo, can definitely play and can drop the gloves. Maybe something like:

Habs:
Carcillo

Hawks:
Weber

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Chris Thorburn might be a good fit for you folks on your 4th line? Great teammate and will fight at a level above Prust. doesn't win them all but rarely gets blown out and is very game. He bloodied a much bigger Frazer McLaren at a game I was at this year. brings energy to the 4th line and can play the game At a decent level for a fighter. Moen can handle himself but he seems to have slowed down in the fighting department in the last two season whereas Thorbs still goes about 10 times a season.

I only mention this because one reporter from Montreal between periods last night had him on a list of four potential candidates or aquisition targets. Also Winnipeg and montreal's GM's worked together in Chicago and are familiar with each other.

Not saying he will step in and blow out guys but he would add toughness and play a regular 4th line shift.

I've always liked Chris Thornburn...this is the kind of player the Habs could use. He can handle some of the bigger guys and hold his own, but more importantly, he would take some of the heat off Prust

Furthermore, he can take a regular shift without hurting you...more than decent skater.

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
Before I respond, I put no real merit in toughness.

I'd have to think the Bruins (Chara, Lucic, Thornton, Campbell, Mcquaid, Ference) will hold this title for a long time.

The Leafs (Orr, Mclaren, Fraser, Phaneuf) are pretty tough too.

Wha?

Phaneuf? Like the guy who was scared of Prust?

Campbell? McQuaid? Ference?

a lot of "strange" names associated with "toughness".

If those guys count then we have Moen Prust White Gallagher Gorges Bourque Subban. :shakehead

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
How about Bergevin going to Chicago for an enforcer, I'm thinking Carcillo, can definitely play and can drop the gloves. Maybe something like:

Habs:
Carcillo

Hawks:
Weber

Carcillo is the same size as White and Prust. Far from a heavyweight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->