Do the Habs need a heavyweight enforcer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Banjo Cat

May 31, 2007
yes, Bordeleau throws the body around like there's no tomorrow.

Nice. And he is a hometown boy, too. Good for the crowd.

Is he much of a liability when he plays? Does take too many bad penalties?

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
You just know it's Mr. Hab when you see a bolded word:laugh:

Thats why you're not GM.

He put in a claim for Sestito, now shut it.
We got abused ?

He's talking about the 5 minutes he plays, this one wouldnt be of quality.

You're embarassing yourself with all these responses.

bud12

Oct 8, 2012
Nice. And he is a hometown boy, too. Good for the crowd.

Is he much of a liability when he plays? Does take too many bad penalties?

no, he's not a liability on the ice. And yes, sometime he take bad penalities. You have to calm him down because he try to hit too much

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
I give a ****. Armstrong is excellent in his own zone and along the boards(might be our best player there.) you clearly watch hockey with your heart and not your mind.

Armstrong and Moen are essentially the same. Both are good defensively, both are good on the PK, and both have enough vision and skill to be 3rd liners at best. However, they both were brought in for some sandpaper, and this year they haven't delivered in that aspect.
I have no issues in replacing one of them for someone that brings that extra edge.

With the way White seems to have been tamed as well, we're seeing all those three guys play essentially the same style. We need White to get back to his ''I don't give a crap who you iz, Ima lay the smack down on youz'' attitude. I would have liked to see him more physically involved yesterday. But he's a keeper imo.
Improvement over the other two would be great.

bud12

Oct 8, 2012
I give a ****. Armstrong is excellent in his own zone and along the boards(might be our best player there.) you clearly watch hockey with your heart and not your mind.

ok I stop. We will never agree:laugh:

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Armstrong and Moen are essentially the same. Both are good defensively, both are good on the PK, and both have enough vision and skill to be 3rd liners at best. However, they both were brought in for some sandpaper, and this year they haven't delivered in that aspect.
I have no issues in replacing one of them for someone that brings that extra edge.

With the way White seems to have been tamed as well, we're seeing all those three guys play essentially the same style. We need White to get back to his ''I don't give a crap who you iz, Ima lay the smack down on youz'' attitude. I would have liked to see him more physically involved yesterday. But he's a keeper imo.
Improvement over the other two would be great.

I'm not going to excuse Armstrong on the sandpaper part... He used to hit border line dirty but he used to be much faster.
For Moen though, we know he's tough, we know what he brings. It's been 20 games, I'm pretty sure it will clear itself.
For White it's pretty clear MT told him to lay off.

I'd be wiling to swap Armstrong with someone better... But there's no one else.

People saying things like'' It can't be worse than 10 minutes of Armstrong'' are just delusional haters.

Habsterix*

All of this Parros talk is useless. Think about it... would he be on the ice when Lucic is on the ice in a tight game? Likely not. Heck, do you really think that Lucic would drop the gloves against Parros? Even less, just look at when he crapped his pants with Laraque!

The Habs need a big guy who can play, a Prust with more size, maybe with a bit less talent but not much less...

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Now this is an idea I would be all for, was hoping that we were going to draft him in his draft year

You wanted to draft Boyle at 10th overall over Getzlaf, Perry, Carter, Parise, Brown, Burns, Kessler?

You sure this is something you should be admitting to?

bud12

Oct 8, 2012
All of this Parros talk is useless. Think about it... would he be on the ice when Lucic is on the ice in a tight game? Likely not. Heck, do you really think that Lucic would drop the gloves against Parros? Even less, just look at when he crapped his pants with Laraque!

The Habs need a big guy who can play, a Prust with more size, maybe with a bit less talent but not much less...

Eager

bud12

Oct 8, 2012
Eager doesnt fight enough... He's like Moen now...

I was sarcastic. Should have put the :sarcasm: at the end

the way I see it is: " we want a tough team but we don't want a enforcer". Can somebody tells me which teams are tough but don't have a enforcer?

bud12

Oct 8, 2012
No! Enough with this Eager crap already. He stinks and he doesn't fight at all. His 1 fight this season is a loss to Zack Kassian! Why should we base who we want on weather or not he'll drop em with Lucic?

it was sarcastic :sarcasm::sarcasm:

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Chris Thorburn might be a good fit for you folks on your 4th line? Great teammate and will fight at a level above Prust. doesn't win them all but rarely gets blown out and is very game. He bloodied a much bigger Frazer McLaren at a game I was at this year. brings energy to the 4th line and can play the game At a decent level for a fighter. Moen can handle himself but he seems to have slowed down in the fighting department in the last two season whereas Thorbs still goes about 10 times a season.

I only mention this because one reporter from Montreal between periods last night had him on a list of four potential candidates or aquisition targets. Also Winnipeg and montreal's GM's worked together in Chicago and are familiar with each other.

Not saying he will step in and blow out guys but he would add toughness and play a regular 4th line shift.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
I was sarcastic. Should have put the :sarcasm: at the end

the way I see it is: " we want a tough team but we don't want a enforcer". Can somebody tells me which teams are tough but don't have a enforcer?

Actually I want an enforcer, the only thing is that our 4th line could really take a hit like I've told you... Wish there could be someone like Prust but a bit bigger in this league.

Chris Thorburn might be a good fit for you folks on your 4th line? Great teammate and will fight at a level above Prust. doesn't win them all but rarely gets blown out and is very game. He bloodied a much bigger Frazer McLaren at a game I was at this year. brings energy to the 4th line and can play the game At a decent level for a fighter. Moen can handle himself but he seems to have slowed down in the fighting department in the last two season whereas Thorbs still goes about 10 times a season.

I only mention this because one reporter from Montreal between periods last night had him on a list of four potential candidates or aquisition targets. Also Winnipeg and montreal's GM's worked together in Chicago and are familiar with each other.

Not saying he will step in and blow out guys but he would add toughness and play a regular 4th line shift.

Prust is a better fighter than Thorburn man...

bud12

Oct 8, 2012

Don't need Thorburn but Peluso is interesting

ps241

Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Actually I want an enforcer, the only thing is that our 4th line could really take a hit like I've told you... Wish there could be someone like Prust but a bit bigger in this league.

Prust is a better fighter than Thorburn man...

Love Prust and he was a great pick up for you guys.....not dissing him as a fighter and perhaps he could beat Thorburn but do you want Prust taking on the other teams HW's night in night out? Thorburn would fill the roll and free Prust up for more interesting high value bouts when needed.

Not trying to sell Thorburn for more than he is but watching your team I just don't think you need a novelty act type goon.

ps241

Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Don't need Thorburn but Peluso is interesting

I think Peluso will make Thorburn expendable although he broke his hand this past Saturday in that beat down so he will be on the shelf for a while. We heard from the St Louis fans his rep in the AHL was pretty impressive and at 6'3" 235 he has the size. I like his hockey skills so far as well in a very limited sample size.

HankyZetts

Twi2ted
Mar 16, 2004

I'll take Mark Stuart, thank you very much!

CN_paladin

Jan 22, 2007
Westeros
In the off season if we replaced:

- Kaberle with Stuart/Engelland
- Gionta with Clarkson
- Armstrong with a top tier fighter a la Bordelau

We'd be be kicking serious ass next year without losing much speed.

bud12

Oct 8, 2012
In the off season if we replaced:

- Kaberle with Stuart/Engelland
- Gionta with Clarkson
- Armstrong with a top tier fighter a la Bordelau

We'd be be kicking serious ass next year without losing much speed.

With this change, you have the toughess team in the league. To bad it will not happen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->